New and not sure where to start

• Hi everyone! I just joined today and I am looking for some support with my weight loss goals. There are so many posts here and I am not quite sure where to start. I am 24 and trying to lose 30lbs. I am not following any specific weight loss plan at the moment, just trying to start exercising and being more conscious of what I eat. I would love to have someone to email or post here with daily for support. I would appreciate any help!
    Thank you!
  • My best advice is to not follow any specific diet plan, as some feel they're too restrictive. Simply eat less, more veggies, and exercise more. And portion control is very important, too. Eat the serving size. Measure your food, I started doing that. I haven't lost that much but only because i'm not exercising. Good luck!
  • Hi britty, Welcome. I just joined a week ago as well. Where in So Cal do you live?
  • I agree- everytime I try to stick to a "certain" program I feel very discouraged if I stray from that and end up giving up. Good luck!
  • brit:
    Feel free to join the "sayonara to the 140s" thread; we keep tabs on each other, a lot of us weigh-in and post every day... it's very encouraging!!
  • Hey ladies~ thanks for the great advice. I am not starting with a specific plan but I think I am going to watch what I am eating and try to count calories without being obsessive about it. Portion size has always been a problem for me, so that needs to change. I will check out the sayonara to the 140s thread, thanks! Shasha- I live near Pomona not to far from Cal poly.
    Thanks again!
  • The 20's somethings group is great! I was one another one but no one posted! Everyone here is very supportive and I'm glad to be a part of it. I like to say I'm more Jillian than Bob (Biggest Loser) so I can be super tough if you need it, but also I like to know what's going on the inside. Ask anyone on here for help. We love it!