Dancing to lose weight??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have been seeing DVDs and stuff on TV that require you to dance in order to burn fat and lose weight. What do you all think about that kind of thing? I don't really want to spend a lot of money on anything like that, but I think I could throw a CD together with some dance-inducing songs and see what happens. As long as you move and try to engage your muscles is all that counts. It sounds fun! I think I'm gonna give it a whirl! LOL!! It beats the heck out of doing the same Pilates routine over and over!

Kayla
  • I dance instead of working out sometimes. It's good cardio and throws some fun into your workout. The dance DVDs are all coordinated steps and stuff that takes the fun out of it for me. I just put on some hip-hop or house music, close the blinds and have at it
  • Well it sounds like a winner to me!! Pilates are getting a little too boring... and it's hard to stick to something that is boring! I think I'll give it a try tonight after my hubby goes to work! I am literally gonna dance my *** off!! LOL!!
  • I have a "dance" routine set up on my Wii, and an iTunes playlist with songs that get me moving.

It's a nice break from the more regimented exercises, and a lot of fun.
  • Quote: I have a "dance" routine set up on my Wii, and an iTunes playlist with songs that get me moving.

Dance routine on the Wii? I'm interested.

I've often wondered if this works as well. I danced as a child but agree that the choreographed stuff gets boring. I have also considered "Flirty Girl Fitness" but dislike the reviews.
  • Have you ever heard of of Zumba? latin cardio dancing??? my gym offers it 3 times a week and I'm in LOVE..believe me when I tell you you burn calories!!! Last Thursday night 3 Zumba instructors put off a Zumba Master Class ( basically 2 hours long) and it was AMAZING!!!! You can also buy the videos online to do it at home. There's also many videos on youtube and on www.zumba.com you can check out for classes near you!
  • I wish we all lived closer, I'd be down for going out to a club and dancing it up. Suuuuuch good exercise, burns SO many calories.

I also have a tendency to dance around my room in my underwear... and I blare the radio when I shower... so, I wind up dancing around the shower when a good song comes on.

...this very moment, I'm bouncing around my computer chair to this really horrible, but REALLY catchy song....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlTE5j7aEf0
  • I LOVE that song!!
    "Tell you boyfriend, if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian" made me laugh out loud the first several times I heard it. I still chuckle in my head a little bit.
    Also, I'd never seen the video boyfriend. Anyone else think the shorter haired one is pretty attractive? I may need to google info about him.
  • Bellydancing and random-dance-around-like-crazy dancing are an integral part of my exercise routine haha

Jelbb- I just can't believe they wore those man-panties at the beginning haha
  • I loooooove dancing Put me on an treadmill and I'm counting the minutes until it's over, but in a dance class, I'll go all out for an hour or two. I've been belly dancing for about six years, but now I'm branching out and taking modern, ballet, contemporary and hip hop. I try to get to 4 classes a week - 2 on Wednesdays and 2 on Saturdays. There's nothing like coming home from 4 hours of class on Saturday and realizing I just burned about 1,000 calories
  • Quote: I have a "dance" routine set up on my Wii, and an iTunes playlist with songs that get me moving.

I'm all about this, how did you set it up?
  • I wish I could! I'm just terrible at dancing. Maybe it's time to get a video and learn. In my head, I'm a dancer
  • I love to crank up the music and dance with my kids I know I probably look like a spaz but they are my groupies!
  • Quote: Have you ever heard of of Zumba? latin cardio dancing??? my gym offers it 3 times a week and I'm in LOVE..believe me when I tell you you burn calories!!! Last Thursday night 3 Zumba instructors put off a Zumba Master Class ( basically 2 hours long) and it was AMAZING!!!! You can also buy the videos online to do it at home. There's also many videos on youtube and on www.zumba.com you can check out for classes near you!
    Ditto my gym offers them too and they sure do work you!!!!!lol
  • I Belly dance a lot and its done wonders to my waist!

27 inch waist!