BarbPA's One-Year Anniversary...114 pounds lost!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • May I say, you are one of my biggest inspirations on this site. Our stats are so close and to see the changes in you, make me believe I will do it. Congrats and Keep us posted.
  • BarbPA you look Amazing! Your an Inspiration to us All!
    Congratulations on your One Year Anniversary!
  • You look great! I am looking forward to posting my 1 year in October. I am not sure it will be as much as you..... but it is much better than where I was.

You do look so healthy and happy! Congrats.
  • You guys just keep me smiling! THANK YOU!!!

Quote: Congratulation!!!

Question: When you strength train 3 times a week, do you do all different exercises each time? I'm still trying to figure these things out.
    Bunny - I do full body workouts each of my sessions. I rely on my personal trainer to put together my workouts. I've started doing 1 of the workouts on the stability ball with a combo of strength and core. It's a fun workout. If you don't have access to a trainer there are some great website resources and some fabulous support in the exercise forum here. Good Luck...You can do it!!!

Quote: How long did it take you to work up to cadio 6 days a week? Again great job.
    BH3 - I actually just dove into 7 days a week. I didn't do a lot at first. Even if I got to the gym for 15 minutes it was better than nothing! I just pushed myself. I was totally committed and I knew that's what I needed to do. I juggled my schedule and just made it work! In the first 10 months I only took 1-2 days off from the gym. Lately I've started giving myself one day off, but I do make sure to keep active even on that day. I have 2 little boys that keep me running. Now on my strength days I typically lift for 60 min and do 20 min cardio. On cardio days I do about 45 min cardio and some extra ab work. I always finish up with 10-15 min of stretching.

I wish I could reply to everyone of you individually. You have no idea how much you all keep me going! I look forward to continuing to share my journey and can't wait to hear about all your successes!!!

Barb
  • You look like the younger, cuter sister of your former self! You are so terrific for taking care of yourself to be there for your boys a lot longer. I look forward to reading your blog.
  • You look 10 yrs younger. You look great!
  • You look so great! Way to go and thanks for the motivation!
  • Hating to sound redundant, "you look marvelous darling". You truly are an inspiration!