August Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 7 of 28
Go to
  • My Minutes:
    8/1: 32 min Wii Fit, 70 min walk, 18 min bike (4 miles)
    8/2: 33 min walk/run (C25K W6 D2), 60 min walk
    8/3: 30 min ST'ing, 10 min walk (warm-up), 10 min elliptical

The STing may have been longer, but I forgot to check the clock at the beginning. The book said it would take 40 min, but I'm pretty sure I took less time. I don't think that's a good thing...oops! It's a work in progress, as are all my efforts.
  • August 2nd: 40 mins of walking/jogging/running on treadmill
    August 3rd: 20-min jog in the park with a friend AND 35 mins of walking/jogging on treadmill AND 20 mins of strength training.

August Progress:
    CARDIO: 95/900
    STRENGTH: 20/300

Yay!! By the way, I am so excited to see "HIIT" on people's lists. I'm a staunch advocate but have had to take it easy due to pes anserine bursitis. Can't wait to get back to training though...so fun!

Great job everyone!
  • Just wanted to check in and update my ticker. 30 minutes treadmill today.

By the way....what is HIIT?
  • Still on track!

180/1500

• Aug. 1 - 120 minutes biking, 20 minutes yoga
    Aug 2 - 20 minutes yoga, 60 minutes running, 30 minutes walking
    Aug 3 - 60 minutes yoga
  • 8/3- 45 minutes on the elliptical.
  • Quote: By the way....what is HIIT?
    It's "High Intensity Interval Training" which is a fancy term for what a lot of us do naturally, anyway:

For example on treadmill:
    5 mins warm-up
    30 seconds at full intensity (sprinting)
    1 minute recovery (walking)
    repeat for around 6 intervals
    5 mins cool-down

Workouts are shorter, but you make huge gains in fitness in a relatively short period of time. And you burn more calories. Not recommended everyday as it's very taxing and requires some recovery between sessions. Google it! Lots of great info on how to get started Actually experts recommend you don't start on the treadmill because if you push yourself as hard as you're supposed to, and you aren't as comfy on the treadmill, you could fall. Exercise bike is another option, or just running outside. I love it and have increased my fitness and Vo2 max dramatically since starting a few weeks ago, but I think I overdid it a little because my knee is killing me.
  • HI girlssssssss....I am heading to bed but just wanted to pop in and say hi and check out the posts. Looks like everyone had a great day.

Paisley princess I edited and added you to our members goals list (last page). I will be posting it periodically (maybe every few pages or so). Welcome aboard

BKK..........take care of that k nee....wishing you a speedy recovery.

Okay,,,,,,,,, nighty night time! lol I will catch you tomorrow girls. Day 4 here we come!

Lewissssss and NSM........miss you heaps girls...come out and play with us! HOpe your both well. If it weren't for all you awesome chicks pulling me back in last month I would of been in trouble. Let's hang tough together and keep on trucking. I just hope your both okay and well....that's the most important thing of course. HOpe to see you soon
  • Today is my day off, so I plan on three five-minute exercise periods, just to get the blood pumping. I just completed one. I feel some warmth in my muscles, and just a tiny bit of sweat. That's it. It feel good. Awake. Strong.

So, still on track!
    185/1500

• Daily Progress

Week 1

August 1 ~ 60 minutes cardio w/MFC [30 minutes walking][30 minutes CT w/MFC]
    August 2 ~ Scheduled Day Off
    August 3 ~
    60 minutes ST w/MFC [60 minutes w/push mower, mowing]
    August 4 ~ 20 minutes C25K-W1-D1 [40 minutes additional walking][60 minutes DDR]
  • August 1st ~ Wonky cardio
    August 2nd ~ Scheduled Day Off
    August 3rd ~ Lower Body ST'ing, 30 Day Shred
    August 4th ~ C25K W1D1, 30 Day Shred

Okay ladies, so I have this crazy idea. I mean, seeing as how so many of you are doing two workouts a day and all...I was thinking about giving the 30 Day Shred another go and not just adding to my ST'ing days, but doing it every day (minus my day off maybe). Is that too much? Will I be giving my muscles enough time to recoup if I do it every day? I'm thinking since it's not an insane workout I should be fine, but I dunno--what do you think?
  • Hello ladies, don't have time for personals just doing a quick check in.... My DH and are are starting the HIIT program tonight. We finally got our equipment set up in the basement.... I am thinking of doing the 30-Day Shred every morning and the HIIT program at night with DH with every other day resistant band training what do you ladies think of that plan.... It shouldn't be too much should it?? Thanks for any input or changes I should make. Have a great day.
  • Mystical - I think you should be good with that and just make sure to eat a little after you workout so you don't deplete yourself and you're golden! HIIT flys by (most days) and you just feel like climbing a mountain when you're done, it's awesome.

WEEK 1
    August 1 - HIIT Week 5 Day 2, 28 minutes; Circuit Training CORE 60 minutes
    August 2 - Off, Yoga 50 minutes
    August 3 - Running 38 minutes, Circuit Training 60 minutes; Lawn Mowing 50 minutes; Elliptical 30 minutes
    August 4 - HIIT Week 5 Day 2, 22 minutes
    August 5 -
    August 6 -
    Weekly Total:

Goal: Non-vacation days, workout twice a day, with two days off
    Vacation days, run 5 days, strength training 4 days
  • Sandye ~ I don't know. I would say it should be alright..but you need to check what muscle groups you are working. You don't really want to work the same muscle groups on consecutive days, if you want to see optimal benefits from your exercise routines.
  • August 2nd: 40 mins of walking/jogging/running on treadmill
    August 3rd: 20-min jog in the park with a friend AND 35 mins of walking/jogging on treadmill AND 20 mins of strength training.
    August 4th: 30-min walk on treadmill at 3.5 miles/hour. Taking it slow (thanks FullSteam for the well wishes!) AND 10 mins of light quad and hamstring exercises.

August Progress:
    CARDIO: 125/900
    STRENGTH: 30/300