Seizing social opportunities

• Like Windchime said (good advice) I'm trying to make the most of any social opportunities offered. So someone whose bridesmaid I was rang up yesterday to invite me to their THIRTIETH wedding anniversary party and I'm going! We haven't met in 20 years, just not, no drama, got to the Christmas card stage. It was really great to hear from her, and so weird that the last conversations I really remember with her were when we are at school and talking about BOYZ HEE HEE, and now we're comparing menopauses!

The party might be challenging - the only people I know are her, tbh, I don't know if I'd recognize husband, didn't know him well, and her mother; everyone else will be strangers, adn while I can do strangers in my work role, I find it harder as just me; but I'm going, I'm gonna take that good advice and take every opportunity offered!
  • Sounds good to me. You wearing collar or cleavage?
  • Cool deal....have fun!
  • o cleavage, definitely!
  • ROFL---funny on the collar/cleavage thing! LOL--that pic, wow!

Have fun. I am going to start trying to push myself socially as well. I have always just chalked things up to not liking most people. Nowadays, I am trying harder to just accept people for who they are. I mean, I expect others to accept me, so I should extend the same.

Have fun.
  • ooo cleavage Since no one will know you except your friend then it'll be time for your alter ego come out to play!
  • Good girl! I'm so glad that you said "yes" to the invitation. I'm always a little anxious about these things, but it always turns out much better/easier than I had feared. There will be at least a few interesting people there, so you'll spend a pleasant afternoon with nice people at the very least.

Go and have fun!
  • Good for you putting yourself out there. It's not always easy to wander into those kinds of situations. Have fun!!
  • As I tell my fella, go and have the time you were meant to have, "It is what it is".
  • Quote: As I tell my fella, go and have the time you were meant to have, "It is what it is".
    Wonderful advice! Have a wonderful time Rosinante.
  • Oh sounds like fun, good for you! LOL at the cleverage!
  • Quote: ooo cleavage Since no one will know you except your friend then it'll be time for your alter ego come out to play!
    ABSOLUTELY!!! What a perfect opportunity to be the wild you!!