Update for CFmama from her husband

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Tammy was admitted into the hospital Thursday morning at 2am for another gallbladder attack, but it has also turned into pancreatitis. They did bloodwork and found her lipase enzyme levels to be around 1500 units (normal is around 100 for most people) and they were worried about the pancreas going into necrosis (pancreas dying from autodigestion = pancreas eating itself) which can kill.

She is on 5mg of morphine every 4 hours and is resting fairly comfortably, though she is not allowed to eat anything. She is being hydrated by IV. She is also allowed sips of water every so often.

As of noon today, her bloodwork shows her lipase numbers have fallen to 750 units, which is a very good thing. Hopefully they will continue to fall and she might come home on Saturday. OR they will keep her in the hospital until Tuesday when she has her gallbladder removal surgery scheduled.

She wanted me to log on here and let people know what's been going on with her.

Jeff
  • Thank you so much for updating all of us! I am so sorry that her surgery was put off for so long and it became a big problem. Tell her that I hope she feels better soon! She is truly an inspiration!

Hugs.
  • Yikes!! Feel better soon!
  • Thanks for letting us know, she is in my thoughts. Hoping for a speedy recovery
    I know how first hand how painful gallbladder issues are, I feel for her
  • Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that... My thoughts and with her.
  • Thanks, Jeff, for letting us know. I hope they keep her in, I know hospitals are no fun but she's in the best place.

Prayers and hugs.
  • Poor thing! Thank you so much for keeping us updated, and let her know she is in our thoughts
  • Thanks for the update! So glad this will all be over soon!
  • Thanks, Jeff, for letting us know. We're all sending her healing thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • Thank you for the update !!

Truly terrible she has had to wait so long and fuss with so much red tape trying to get fixed. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a splendid recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Jeff, thanks for letting us know. Wish Tammy well, and I hope she is better soon.
  • Give Tammy our love!
  • Thanks for letting us know! Will the pancreatitis be cured or at least improve after her gall bladder is removed? I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this CF!
  • Lots of and keeping you both in my thoughts.
  • Thanks for letting us know.

Sending good thoughts and prayers!