The Heck with it! Im having me some salt!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Do any of you guys just get fed up sometimes and say the heck with it, Im salting my food today, regardless of what the scale does?

Sometimes I crave salt so much, and I have to have it on certain things like:

Tomatos
    Eggs

Because even if we put on some temporary water weight, we are still capable of losing inches and actual fat.

Anybody?
  • I eat a ton of salt.

• I have salt days too. Good news is I need far less than I used to, literally a few grains on tomatoes, on broiled meats etc. Go for it, lass!
  • I have those days!
  • I try not to use so much salt as I cook, but I still use it on some foods. Like say, air-popped popcorn? I am not so concerned about those 2 pounds of water-retention weight......
  • doooo it
  • I LOVE salt (chunky peruvian sea salt.. yum) on hard boiled eggs. I don't have to have it on ANYTHING ELSE but I love it on eggs. So I do it. Just a bit. Never puts on any water weight.
  • I can't cut out salt completely... heck I can't cut out anything completely... moderation is the key.
  • I like salt, I don't have high blood pressure, and I don't care about water weight. Fat is the problem, not water weight.

Jay
  • I ♥ salt
  • i definitely crave more savory things than sweet. i love love love salt. i add it to everything. i try occasionally to buy the less sodium soups and stuff, but i end up salting that too.

i must say i try to watch it more before weigh in at weight watchers, but besides then, i pile it on.
  • Once I switched to real sea salt, I don't crave salt as much. I think my body was wanting the minerals from salt, but regular table salt doesn't have as many as sea salt. It has all of the same minerals as our tear drops. It has to be real sea salt. You can tell because it's grayish in color and moist. I use a grinder to grind it on my food. Or just in my hand when I need salt.

It's also lower in sodium & way more flavorful.
  • Quote: I like salt, I don't have high blood pressure, and I don't care about water weight. Fat is the problem, not water weight.

Jay
    This, exactly. Life is too short to eat tasteless food - I eat healthy, whole food the vast majority of the time, and salt improves the taste of some of it immensely. Everything in moderation - I enjoy my salt. I don't consume a ton, but I do use it where I think it is needed.
  • I salt almost everything that I make. But I do stay away from processed foods 95% of the time, and that is where there's lots of EXCESS sodium to be found. Like Jayell, I don't have high blood pressure (anymore, that is!!) so I'm not concerned with salting my homemade foods.
  • Quote: I like salt, I don't have high blood pressure, and I don't care about water weight. Fat is the problem, not water weight.

Jay

Jay said it best! Love it!!!!