Anyone tried the Slendertone products?

• My friend has let me borrow a Slendertone ab belt and a contraption for toning 'buns and thighs'. It claims to help you lose 2 inches in 6 weeks if used 5xweek and with proper diet and exercise. I think I'll try it out. Just wondering if anyone out there has any advice or thoughts or experiences? Maybe I'll be the guinea-pig!
  • These things have been around for at least 100 years. They dehydrate you making you lose water weight.

My advice would be to skip it.
  • Oh, that doesn't sound good. Maybe I'll be giving the equipment back post haste!!
  • Electronic Muscle Stimulators
    There are two legitimate electronic ab belts in the US. Slendertone and Contour. The former has been around for a few years and Contour has been available for about two years. I have tried both. They actually do flex and relax the muscles in your abs. Neither of them claim to be the answer to your fitness goals. From what I have seen is they simply offer a better way to work the abs, especially if a person is prone to injuring their back. If you have not tried either of these, I suggest you do before making unproven comments like they dehydrate you as that is not true. Neither of these shock you. They won't harm you. It's worth a try.