Fiber One Cereal-Caramel Delight

• Has anyone tried this cereal?
    Does it make you "gassy" like the Fiber One bars do to me?
  • I don't know about gassy but it was much too sweet for me.
  • I would assume that it would have the same or similar effect on you, being that it is the same type of product from the same company. And perhaps it is the large amount of fiber in general that is making you gassy...your body is gearing up to "eliminate" as it were...
  • No....I eat a huge amount of fiber everyday , mainly from beans, veggies, fruits....but the fiber in Fiber One bars a whole other matter! yikes...not pretty!
  • I haven't tried it, but I do know that not all Fiber One items are the same for me. The yogurt doesn't have any ill effects for me, but the bars, oh my goodness.
  • The bars are a problem for a lot of people as chicory root extract is the main ingredient and causes gastrointestinal distress for many. The bars also have HFCS.

The Caramel Delight cereal has whole grain wheat, sugar & corn bran as its primary ingredients and while it also contains some chicory root extract, the small amount doesn't seem to be a problem. My mother & DH love this cereal and have no gas problems or stomach distress from it.

p.s. Chicory root extract or inulin is considered a form of soluble fiber. It is in a lot of products these days to up the fiber content.
  • I LOVE the Caramel Delight cereal. I've never really got the 'gassy' feeling from Fiber One.
  • Fibre One Cereal
    I have eaten this cereal off and on for years now. I quite like it and find it filling. Recently I have added to my F/F plain yogurt. Adds a nice crunch.
  • This cereal was not what I expected. It reminds me of cinnamon toast crunch - well a different flavor, but same idea and texture.

From the look on the box, I was expecting more of a corn bran type cereal with a caramel taste. Kinda disappointing.

It's good, but not what I expected! I got a huge box cheap at Costco.