Lets go to the Movies!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Pop a 100 cal bag of popcorn (or 2!) at home before you go. Let it cool in a bowl, then pour it into a plastic baggie. Bring it with you. Buy a diet coke when you get there, if you don't pack your own can as well.

Soda and popcorn for 100-200 calories. :-)

I find that a 100-cal pk lasts awhile and gives me the same satisfaction of having popcorn at the movies. I have no shame in admitting that I'm not willing to give up popcorn as part of the movie-going experience -- I don't go to the movies very often, and I enjoy doing this. Once I also put 12 sour patch kids (110 calories) in my popcorn pack as well, although that is a rarity for me. The grapes are a better idea.
  • Quote: Pop a 100 cal bag of popcorn (or 2!) at home before you go. Let it cool in a bowl, then pour it into a plastic baggie. Bring it with you. Buy a diet coke when you get there, if you don't pack your own can as well.

Soda and popcorn for 100-200 calories. :-)

I find that a 100-cal pk lasts awhile and gives me the same satisfaction of having popcorn at the movies. I have no shame in admitting that I'm not willing to give up popcorn as part of the movie-going experience -- I don't go to the movies very often, and I enjoy doing this. Once I also put 12 sour patch kids (110 calories) in my popcorn pack as well, although that is a rarity for me. The grapes are a better idea.
    Great idea!
  • This family loves our theater snacks! lol What I do is make sure my daughters have their snacks (I stop at a CVS or Walgreens and get the SAME box for $1 vs. $4 at the MT) and bring my own as well. Here are a few of my standby's:

sliced apples (a little container of ff caramel dipping sauce if I am REALLY craving)
    light cheese sticks
    1-2 Organic lollipops (small but I get the sour and savor them! Kids love them also!)
    100 Calorie Oreo's
    Plain Pretzel (I split this w/ one of my daughters)
    Coke Zero (We buy $1 refill cups at our favorite theater and they just started serving CZ here- we dont drink any kind of soda at home so this is a treat for ALL of us)

I love the 100 calorie popcorn idea- my husband would love that being that he is our popcorn fanatic! lol