I'm Back, I Gained, I'm Losing.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hello all. Maybe there are still some folks here who remember me. I started back in August 2007 at 278 pounds, got down to 214 last July, and then went off my rocker. I didn't give UP, but I battled for the entire past year: up some, down some, up, down... eating healthy part of the time, exercising sometimes, with stretches of eating junk. Gosh this has been hard.

So last week I got up to 245. When I saw that number on the scale I almost had a heart attack. I turned 40 this month and I know this ain't gonna get any easier. I just have to get back to basics, do what I know works (calorie counting, eating lots of veggies and fruit, and exercise) and get this fat off me. I am in a lot of pain everyday from my knees, and the weight is NOT helping.

So I'm back, hoping for support and friendship again. I'm going on vacation soon, too, so I have to get a grip ahead of time. So far I am back down 4 pounds to 241.

Thanks for still being here.
  • Weclome!
  • Hey Lyn! That's what our trip is all about! CONTINUING no matter how steep or rocky the path gets. You veered off the path but you still know the way back obviously in your four pound drop. Glad you are back. Come on, lets go!
  • Hi Lyn. I'm glad you're back and even happier to know that you've recommitted to losing the weight and becoming a healthier and fitter person and one with less pain and more joy.

Calorie counting, veggies and fruits and exercise - yeah - it DOES *work* pretty darn well, doesn't it?

Welcome back! I look forward to hearing of your progress as you head back to *work*.
  • I remember you, Lyn! Glad you're back. You know what to do and you will do it! Keep posting!
  • Lyn - so glad to see you back! Jump right back in where you left off!
  • Quote: Hello all. Maybe there are still some folks here who remember me. I started back in August 2007 at 278 pounds, got down to 214 last July, and then went off my rocker. I didn't give UP, but I battled for the entire past year: up some, down some, up, down... eating healthy part of the time, exercising sometimes, with stretches of eating junk. Gosh this has been hard.

So last week I got up to 245. When I saw that number on the scale I almost had a heart attack. I turned 40 this month and I know this ain't gonna get any easier. I just have to get back to basics, do what I know works (calorie counting, eating lots of veggies and fruit, and exercise) and get this fat off me. I am in a lot of pain everyday from my knees, and the weight is NOT helping.

So I'm back, hoping for support and friendship again. I'm going on vacation soon, too, so I have to get a grip ahead of time. So far I am back down 4 pounds to 241.

Thanks for still being here.

Lyn, I'm SOO glad to see you back! I'm sure I'm not alone in saying you have been missed!
  • Lyn,
    Welcome back! I have been following your blog. You are a talented writer. I have been hoping that you would come back to 3fc and I know that you will get the weight off.
  • Welcome back, Lyn
  • Welcome back!! Glad to have you back.
  • I've come and gone from this place so many times....this time, I'm here for the long term. The ladies here will have to kick me out .

Welcome back Lyn!
  • Welcome back! You'll do well, and we're here for you.
  • Back!This place is really helping me stay on track.I am sure you will start doing great again!
    P.S. I am a calorie counter too!
  • Welcome back! I've missed you like crazy! I am SO GLAD that you are back with us. You CAN do this!!!!
  • Well - I read your blog so it's like you never left for me, but glad to see you posting here again!