Additional resources?

• I love that this website (3fc) has so many great weight loss and healthy living resources. I just wanted to know...is 3FC your only weight loss resource, or what other resources do you use to help you on this journey?

I started out with the one mentioned in my signature. (No plugging for the website intended). But I found the writer of the blog to be a bit too extreme and too hardcore for my tastes. I've also found another source, which I'll have to look for later. It's a nutritionist who often teaches nutrition at the place I work at. Good information, but again, she suggests cutting out 1-2 entire food groups (meat and dairy). I don't think I can trust any nutritionist who cuts out entire food groups.

One of the issues I've found with nutritional information is one source will say, eat A, but not B, and then a second source will say, Eat B but not A. It can be kind of confusing.

So what helps you? What other resources do you use?
  • I really like the exercise.about.com site for weight lifting exercises, and of course, FitDay.
  • I love about.com! You can follow link after link after link forever.

I don't have any other place I go, except I do an awful lot of searching the web for low calorie recipes to add to my personal cookbook.
  • I read the Livejournal community 100pounds2lose, in fact that's where I found out about this site. I also post regularly in the health & fitness subforum of the purse forum although there are only a couple of other posters who are working on losing as much as I am and because of that sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to post there.
  • I have to say that this site and buddyslim.com are probably the main sites I go to for tips and advice.
  • Quote: I really like the exercise.about.com site for weight lifting exercises, and of course, FitDay.

Thank you for this

Hugs
    Michelle
  • -sparkpeople groups
    -figure athlete
    -t-nation
    -bodybuilding.com
    -and I have a group of friends who believe in the same principles I do on food and health. we support each other firstly with health and secondly with weight loss. we subscribe to the Weston A Price Foundation's guidelines.
  • Oh and I love stumptous. Krista is awesome. I don't find anything over there to be too extreme.
  • Another about.com fan
    caloriecount.about.com and exercise.about.com are both excellent!

Fitday

Calorie King (their PDA software Diet Diary

Medical sites like webmd

Amazon (for reviews of workout DVDS and books and Wii fitness games)
  • Great responses. Thanks.
  • Here are some that I have used:

Mayo Clinic videos for exercise - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/biceps-curl/MM00727 there is a list of others at the bottom of this page

WebMD - http://www.webmd.com/diet/default.htm

I also like to look at the Today Show Health section. I especially like to see video of the "Joy Fit Club" members for inspiration.
  • Hotnfit.com and Stumptuous have both been really great!