I need a small favour...

• This is probably a stupid request, lol! But I was hoping someone could tell me the dimensions (or a pic) of an ounce of Cheddar cheese (or whatever). I've read it's the size of 2 dice, another place said 4 dice, some says like my 'thumb'... well how big is that exactly? I don't have a scale so i'd really appreicate if someone could help me out with this...

Thanks!!
  • You can get an 8 oz block of cheese and cut it into 8 pieces. That makes the pieces 1 3/4 inches by 1 3/4 inches by 5/8. That was using Kraft Cracker Barrel cheese. If using sliced cheese then it is generally one slice.
  • Hmmm. It's really hard without a scale. Maybe it would be a good investment for you.

You can buy cheese already sliced in 1 oz portions or buy the bagged cheese that's already cut into cubes.

I looked for a photo online, but didn't find anything.
    Good luck
  • Did you Google "ounce of cheese"? Lots of answers, including a picture result near the top of the first page.
  • Buy a scale. It's worth the $9.99 I spent at the grocery for an analog scale (non-digital).
  • Here is photo of 1 oz of cheedar cheese. Hope this help. This comes from www.figwee.com

http://www.figwee.com?food_id=3642&t...ber=1&view=top
  • a standard piece of string cheese is 1 oz. It always ends up being more cheese than I pictured an oz. being.
  • I really like Pita09's idea. With a ruler you could divide any block of cheese into even sections.
  • Thanks so much ladies!
  • Oh yes, I think you should get a scale. They are soooo helpful. Even a digital one is cheap these days.