Eatting after Exercise???

• I've read that it's best to eat alittle something within the first 30 minutes of finishing your workout. I usually have a Luna bar. My question is should one still eat if there not hungery? I think I should so as to stave off the total stark raving hunger that sets in maybe an hour and half after I workout. Any thoughts?
  • I wouldn't eat if you're just not hungry...but a little protein after your workout, like a hard-boiled egg, small handful of nuts, etc. will help build muscle!

Some people experience stomachaches when they eat right afterward, so just do what works for you.
  • Shouka, I encounter the same problem you do--I have gotten into the habit of having some type of protein based snack (cheese stick, glass of soy milk, yogurt) or a mini Clif bar within 30 to 45 minutes after working out. Although I am not always physically hungry, I've learned from experience this is what works best for me as it really does prevent that "raving" hunger that suddenly comes over me if I don't eat post-workout.
  • You should have carbs before exercise but protein after. The protein is to repair the muscle tears that always occur with exercise.
  • Quote: You should have carbs before exercise but protein after. The protein is to repair the muscle tears that always occur with exercise.
    Oh, that's great to know.