Inspiring Quote

• I LOVE postsecret and when I saw this quote tattooed on someones side in today's secrets I HAD to post it for you guys

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to bloom"

this has been your daily inspiration brought to you by your local Tammy.

lol!
  • Thank you, great quote.
  • beautiful, thanks!

kind of close to that, a quote I keep around:
    You must change your life (Rilke)
    M
    G

That quote is so for me (greedy!) that I feel slightly sick reading it...

not going to hijack this thread, and I've still got a lot of stuff to sort out in my head but I've been doing a lot of thinking the last couple of days, all about me, not The Other Person, and I really think I'm getting uncomfortable to be a bud!
  • It's from a poem called "Risk" by Anais Nin. The first part is:

"It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
  • Great quote! I'll add it to my collection. When I saw the title of this post, I thought it might be different quotes from different members- but it's just getting started. So, I want to add 2 I've come across lately that I like, and maybe they'll be added to someone's collection too. (I'd like to have these on my signature line, but haven't taken time to figure out how to do that yet!)

"Nobody can go back and make a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson

"We don't get to chose when we die, or how, but we do get to chose how we live." Joan Baez

Pooh : )
  • Excellent Quote- Wow!! thank you for sharing
  • Love, love, love that quote and PostSecret!
  • very beautiful love it thanks
  • awesome quote. Thank you so much.
  • Great quote. It reminds somewhat of the quote that is at the bottom of my signature. We all want to bloom and change don't we?
  • Just beautiful.
  • I don't know who has it as their sig here--possibly Glory..but it says,

"I saw an angel in marble and chiseled her out.." --Michaelangelo