CC Labor Day Challenge!

You're on Page 9 of 25
Go to
  • I had a horrible week... youngest dd was sick with high fever for 4 days, then turned into a rash, which I figured out was Roseola... So i haven't exercised over the last week.. Blah! Feel horrible too... I feel so run down.. but my youngest seems to be feeling better, hoping tomorrow all is well and I plan on exercising my @ss off over the rest of July! lol!!

On the upside, I did eat well all week, no crap, just stayed kinda low 'cause was stressed and not hungry at all, but that's probably my own saving grace. My weight stayed the same all week too...

Tomorrow is a new day, right?
  • Moralia~I hope everything gets better for ya.

And at least weight stayed the same~you had a pretty busy /stressful week so I am proud of you ~LOTS OF HUGS!

Ok......Hey everyone~hope all is well.
    I am at 190.2 Which is soooooooooooo exciting Because I am soooooo close to the 180's!
    For some reason Being under 40lbs to lose to get to my goal is like been a Huge goal for me for weeks....and now I am nearly to that place in my journey~it's so hard to believe really.I am so proud of myself....EXCEPT~I am having some health problems.....My hairing is coming out badly~It has before~and always been thin~but It is horrible....Plus I am having swallowing problems~My period is not coming right......And I feel like I can not remember anything~I go to the doctor on Monday ~I googled my problems and came up with thyroid And low iron as possibilities~I also have severe anxiety~And allergies ,asthma, ECT.I also wake up outta my sleep fighting for air for the last few nights and can only sleep with the light on because as soon as I turn it off I feel all my air leave and I feel like I quit breathing????? That all just came on about 6 to 7 years ago...And the hair loss started then and then just kinda stalled but the hair loss is back badly as is the I need a light on issue.......I am so dang depressed about it. I Hope nothing changes my progress....Anyone have problems like these? I did same thing last time when I was near this weight But I Took metabolife diet pills to lose my weight....This was the 6 or 7 yrs ago.
    I did notice that my neck/my back/ and my jaw all feel out of place when I reach this size....It did before also....at that weight. HELP!

P.s. My tubes are tied also and all my problems started about 1 year after they was tied~And anxiety disorder runs in my family.
    I had a brother go blind in 1 eye from high cortisol levels for about 2 months and He has same symptoms as me~Other than the girl stuff of course but I haven't had blindness happen ever ~THANK GOD. so I thought I would add that also
    Oh.....I not checking for errors so please ignore them Because I am soooooooo tired~goodnight everyone.
  • Hey peeps, just a flyby, since I need to get to bed. to all my peeps that have been having a rough week! I'll check in tomorrow after the gym, when I have more than 2 braincells to rub together.
  • Lori, you're doing fabulous!!!!

As for the other stuff, I have nothing to offer but I'm very glad you have a drs appt! I'm sure he'll run full bloodwork and get you some answers!!!
  • Cheryl, lol!!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow!
  • Moralia, I'm having a great day already...got up on time (for once), and got a new low on the scale: 167.2! Now, if the caffeine would just kick in, I'd be all good!
  • You guys are doing great!

I've been keeping up with my exercise and eating pretty okay. Trying to get in the pool. Today my weight was down another half a pound! So that brings me down to 133.5 lbs.! My workout is getting a little dull though It's mainly kickboxing, dancing, and walking... Oh yeah, and strength training, but I think I need to get some new moves in! I guess I could look some up and print them out. I am really not all that creative My niece's birthday is tomorrow, and we're having a party. Should be nice! Not too excited about the party food though.

Okay! Well, I'm off now! Thank you for reading!

MrsLovett
  • CC Peeps, where are you? Big news! I met one of my challenge goals today. (drumroll, please) I got my kipping pull-up! Woot! I've been wanting one bad and really working seriously on it since about Feb of this year, and I finally got it today.

Also, got a new low on the scale today: 167.2! Maybe this is a sign that the scale will be moving downward again? Or, yeah, I'm probably deluding myself, but I'll ride the happiness wave today, and reality can smack me upside the head tomorrow, lol. Okay, got to get to work, just wanted to check in, share the news, I'll be back!
  • That's awesome Jam!!! You have been working so hard on that kipping pull up goal....I'm so excited that you got it

I've been kicking butt at the gym this week and I'm quite proud of myself for it!!! I like having the summer off and being able to pretty much roll out of bed and head straight to the gym. It makes it easier to get there....plus, around 10am, the place is pretty dead!!

I did about 50 minutes on the elliptical this morning and when I was getting off to wipe down the machine, I hear "Hi Miss (insert last name here)" One of my kids from school was there with a friend of his. We talked for a bit about how summer's been going and whatnot and then I went back to the machine. Walking back is when I caught a peek at myself in the mirror....bright red and soaked!!! LOL, I looked good
  • WOOHOO JAM!!! YAY on you!!!! Since you usually pass out the highly coveted Flamey Awards it would be my honor to present you with one....

Yes...I was finally able to move my ticker one more pound last week. This week I'm back up a part of a pound. It's that time of the month....hopefully I drop back down. I'd love to see a few more pounds by the end of the month. I celebrate my one year weight loss anniversary on Aug 1. I didn't anticipate the last couple months being so challenging, but I am certainly not complaining about the 110+ pounds lost in the past year.

My trainer and I came up with a new strength workout today....all on the stability ball. Pretty cool and a good change to mix things up.

OH....cool news....another trainer that I worked with this past year (who works for my "main" trainer") just moved into a new fulltime job working in Philadelphia running a non-profit health program. He has asked me to come in a speak with the people about my journey and thinks I can provide some inpiration to them. I'm nervous about it...yet completely honored. I'll let you know more about it when I have more details.

Gotta get the kiddos ready for bed...more soon!

Barb
  • Awesome Cheryl!!!! Congrat's!!
  • Barb...what an honor that the trainer wants you to talk with some of their people. That is wonderful
  • Thanks, peeps, and thanks for the Flamey, B! Now, to work on that handstand...sigh!

Barb, I'm feeling you on the scale thing. I've been floating within a few pounds of 170 for weeks. I keep hoping for a whoosh. Not sure what to do to help it along any faster. I already feel like I'm eating the minimum I can, and still keep my energy up and try to build muscle. At least something is coming off, just agonizingly slowly at this point. My weekly average has gone down, little by little. I would love to see something else besides high end 160s/low 170s, though, after all this time! I would just LOVE to be done with the weight loss portion of this journey, and be at a good maintenance weight. I'm so tired of trying to get the scale to go down! Would not even care at this point, as I'm pretty happy with my size, but I need the 155 to be clearly into the lightweight women's division for the strongman competition next year, and I don't want to wait until next year to try and take the extra weight off.
    Congrats on the opportunity! I'm sure you'll do great!

I'm wiped, and my forearms are toast. I hope my arms work tomorrow, because my trainer said I can learn some strongman (competition) lifts tomorrow. I'm excited to give it a try. Hopefully I don't knock myself in the head again (today I hit myself on top of the head with a 30# dumbbell...oops! luckily, all I got was a knot on my head, no real damage, except to my ego).

Chele, WTG with the workouts!

Moralia, Lori, David, and everybody I don't have enough brains to list by name tonight, !!

I'd better sleep now. Can sleep in a little bit tomorrow, since the gym doesn't officially open til 9:30. I think I'll shoot for arriving at 9, though, at the latest. I want to go for a run first, so if they're not there yet, I can park across the street and go run while I'm waiting. Wish I had enough time/energy to load up my new mp3 player. I still have a stack of CDs I want to load on the 'puter, then have to figure how to work the new mp3 thingy. I'm excited, though. My sister gave it to me for my bday, and it's a tiny one, so I'll be able to use it on my runs! Maybe I can get to that project this weekend.
  • Hi All,
    Just popping in to say hi, as I've been extremely busy. One thing that sucks about being an online instructor is that I have no weekends - Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are my busiest times because those are the times that students have assignments due (since it's their least busiest times) and I have a ton of grading! Plus the added training for the new university, while very fun, adds a lot more pressure .

Despite all of that, I have managed to keep on track with my eating. Here are my stats from yesterday and today:
    Yesterday:
    Weight: 149 (out of the 150's - whoohoo)
    Bust: 40.5 (lost 1/2 inch)
    Waist: 39.5 (no change)
    Hips: 41.5 (lost 1/2 inch, I think)

Today:
    Weight: 148
    Bust: 40 (lost 1/2 inch)
    Waist: 39.5 (still no change)
    Hips: 41 (lost 1/2 inch)

I'm very happy that things are going down, especially because I have an job interview in another 2 weeks and I want to fit into some of my bigger interview clothes and not feel like the biggest person in the room. I'm a little afraid of this weekend though - weekends are typically my worst times and I'm trying calorie cycling for the first time and today and tomorrow are my highest calorie days. They're not extremely high (since I don't have a lot of calories to play with, I'm not doing the "1200 calories one day, 1800 the next" thing) but they're high enough to make me nervous about weighing in this weekend.

I did get back to my exercise routine yesterday (no migraine!) so I did a 3 fast mile walking DVD which includes some strength training in there. I enjoyed it a lot, although it was tough, since I haven't really done much exercise for 4 days before that.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend and relaxing like I can't!

Tam
  • I'm trying to decide if I want to take today as a rest day. I'm just really not feeling getting in the car and driving to the gym. I'm sure once I got there, I would be fine....but I woke up with a headache and I must have slept wrong because my neck was sore. I might just go for a walk later on instead since the fog is burning off and it looks like the rain's gonna hold off.