GI Diet, cookbooks, recipes, help!

• The doctor has told my boyfriend that he is on the verge of becoming diabetic and to lose some weight and follow the GI Diet. I read the express book and have been cooking as best as I can.

My problem is, I LOVE to follow recipes. I usually use the weight watchers website or the eat shrink and be merry cookbook. But a lot of these recipes do now follow 'Low GI.' I have googled, and found a few sites but nothing very good.

I went to the health food store and they have a little section of pre-made stuff they make in the store. They had Almond Chai Cookies. Gluten free - made with oat bran, vegan friendly and made with natural sugar. Why can't I find recipes like this? lol

Does anyone have any sites and cook books they can recommend?

Thanks!
  • South Beach Diet.Tons of recipes on line.
  • I'd think you would also find recipes on Rick Gallop's GI Diet site. There are lots of other GI/GL controlled plans out there too . . . have a look at the Sugar Shakers forum here at 3FC.

Phase I of South Beach can be a bit too restricted for a confirmed diabetic, but should be acceptable for your boyfriend. Perhaps you should mention it to your doctor.
  • Recipes for you
    There are lots of great places to find recipes on line. Since I do a weekly newsletter with a healthy recipe, I've found lots of places to get them. Try the Healing Gormet, Total health Breakthroughs, George Mateljan has some great healthy and quick recipes and even the Food Network (be careful with those as they are not all healthy and good for dieting.

Let me know if you need any more sites or info on how to get my newsletter.

Eat well!
    Lynn
  • I use http://www.dlife.com
  • Have you tried the Glycemic Gourmet?

There is lots of good info. there. As long as you are crafting your recipes from shopping list options (or mostly) you should be on the right path.