Strange question

• I have a question for you girls. It might be TMI, but I just wanted to see if anyone else is or has experienced this and what might be causing it.

I noticed ever since I've started my diet which was almost 2 weeks ago, my BMs have been very, um, loose. lol It's almost like I have diarrhea everyday. Which isn't like me. I don't have an upset stomach ever or feel sick, so I don't know what's up with me. I eat very healthy and exercise regularly.
  • As long as you're not finding it uncomfortable, it's probably normal.

I have IBS, so there is no "normal" for me, but I think it's true for anyone that the input affects the output (what you eat can effect the "bathroom experience.")

Fruits and vegetables, especially can have a laxative effect because of the water and fiber (which is why you can buy fiber laxatives, that generally need to be taken with water).

Sometimes the effects are temporary, until your body readjusts. I can eat a lot more dietary fiber than when I started, but I had to make some of the changes more gradually.

I don't think there's really anything "up" with you, except that different foods have different effects on the digestive tract. If there's no pain or discomfort (or incovenience because of increases in urgency or frequency), it's probably entirely normal.

Discomfort, or inconvenient timing issues (needing to go very often, or very suddenly) can be signs of IBS, but if it's not interfering with regular activities and isn't uncomfortable, I think it's entirely normal.