Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey!

You're on Page 6 of 10
Go to
  • Hi girls.

Linda well done on those 2lbs.

Faye we had no storms last night, it was very humid.

Linda you asked about weekend defenses. We rarely eat out, just on special occasions. Friday night in our house is pizza night, delivery. I always make a big salad to go with mine. Saturday and Sunday is BBQ during the summer. We will do chicken, pork loin or burgers or hot dogs. I usually can make good choices from those. We don't make a ton of food just enough to feed us. I do love kebabs and always get a lot of veggies with those.
  • Hello everyone!

I need a kick in my behind.

I've been on and off plan, yesterday I took a minute to look it up on a calendar and it has been a month since I've been fooling around with food, being absent to some of my Zumba classes and WW meetings.

Yesterday I received my blood work and I was really happy to see how WW has helped me improving my overall health, I feel motivated to continue loosing weight and being healthy. Sunday I'll go to my weight in and face it (at the Doctor's office it was 154 pounds). I will get back in track and continue my journey to my main goal.

Any tips? I'll be very grateful.
  • Hi Renacer welcome back.

Why don't you make it a point to check in here every day? That may help, then again it may not.

Gorgeous here today. Not humid and the temps have to be in the lower 80's. I love when it's like that. Can't stand the humidity.

We have to help move my oldest from one apartment to another this weekend. She's done most of it herself but she needs help with the big things. Then on Sunday we are going to the Cards game so it will be a busy weekend.

Enjoy the day.
  • Good morning gals! Interesting morning for me. I spent 2 1/2 hours in the emergency room. I woke up feeling like my tongue was swollen and lymph glands and badly though I had no pain. I went into the bathroom and under my neck it looked like I had a huge goiter. I was nauseous and developed a headache. Jack was fixing his breakfast and I gagged like I was going to throw up and my throat was so closed I choked a bit so it scared me and we got dressed and went to the hospital. It was an allergic reaction to my ace inhibitor bp meds. It used to happen to Jack when he was on Accupril. He would swell up and we would go to the hospital as it would be his tongue or his hands would swell like someone has blown them up like they were balloons. We didn't even connect that it might be the same thing because his dr took him off it over 2 years ago. By the time the doctor saw me, which was about an hour after I got there, it was receding and I could talk so it didn't sound like mush. It is now much better just a feeling like I have phlegm in my throat so I was able to eat some breakfast and we went to the theater to pick up the Harry Potter tickets for tonight so had lunch at McCallsters' Deli next door (I stayed in pts with a turkey sandwich and fresh fruit and diet coke.) I was worried more that I might miss the movie tonight! He gave me a steroid prescription but I am not going to take it unless it flares up again and I doubt it will. He told me that ace inhibitors are notorious for doing this for some reason. I have a friend here on the site who has critical asthma and I sure could understand the panic of one of her attacks if only just a bit. I have to say though that after having been in the hospital last year and the year before for two colon surgeries, I was hoping I wouldn't have to see the inside of it again for a long time. I scared poor Jack something awful. He is so protective of me and he saw this huge thing under my neck then he heard me choke so he was pretty shaken by it. At least he got a long weekend out of it as he took today off.

I have torn out that stupid hat I am making 5 times, and I finally decided the woman who made the pattern has a mental defect. The decreases are at the beginning of every other row and the hat wouldn't have looked good even on Spongebob! I ripped it back to a couple rows before the decreasing and will just do a basic decrease on every other row so at least my dil will think about wearing it. I am thinking of finding a big flower pattern and making one and sewing it on the side of the hat in a solid color.

Ash: Sounds like you have a good plan! You go girl!

Linda: We avoid pizza like the plague unless we get ourselves LC individual ones. I get the plain cheese and put veggies on it and if I am pts poor, will put some extra mozzerella on it. We haven't cooked out at all this year. I adore hot dogs and don't like the ff, turkey or etc ones so I only have them as a treat once in awhile. Our burgers are always ground sirloin, though I will eat a turkey burger. We like to grill flank steak and tenderloins, each fairly low in pts and yummy.

Renacer: Since I am 55 and have been obese for 30 years, I have done everything and I mean everything short of surgery. I have even done WW more than once but would always cheat on a weekend then not go back on Monday and that would be that. I have now been on it a little over two months without the cheating, though we have eaten out and I have had fatty food. What finally has kept me on the straight and narrow is our vacation next November. I absolutely know I cannot do it if I am not at goal or close to it. I won't be able to walk around properly to shop in St Thomas or even walk all over the ship. Like I said, I also ordered clothes in goal size and won't send them back so it keeps me "legal." Everyone always says just get back on the wagon, don't beat yourself up, etc, etc, so I won't add to that. Just know that everyone one of us knows what it is like to fall off, feel like an idiot, and maybe even ashamed at our lack of discipline or whatever. We all know you can do this and can succeed so you just show us all you can! As for blood work, my doctor always falls on the floor because I am a walking enigma. I started out 220 lbs overweight, do NOT have diabetes, in fact have great blood sugar (it stayed under 95 when I was in the hospital) even though I have a nephew with juvenile diabetes, a mother who died from diabetic complications, and a brother and a sister who are diabetic. I just had my blood work done and my total cholesterol is 118, my triglycerides are 107 and my ldl is something like 40. I think my dr wanted to rerun it, until I told her to look at last year's and she will see it is about the same. I have no idea why I don't have high blood cholesterol, but I am not going question it that's for sure. Glad you got a good report on yours.

DD: We keep our behinds at home and don't order in on the weekends anymore! I don't have anything bad in the house unless I eat a whole box or package of something and I don't feel the urge to do that anymore. Weekends are the absolute pits because if you work outside the home it is like a smoker. If you don't take ciggies with you, you don't have them to eat. Same with that. If you take your lunch during the week then when it is gone it is gone. My dh even does one better. He won't take any money with him to work so he isn't tempted to get those bad ole butterfingers he is so fond of. I keep myself busy all the time, which helps to keep me from munching all weekend. I got an email a couple mornings ago from my dd that they had arrived in China and had a light dinner and were going to bed (China is 14 hours behind us CT) I imagine my grandson is having one heck of a time. In the last year he has been to Disneyworld, Costa Rica, Mexico on a Cruise and now 2 weeks in China. The boy can be an ambassador just about anywhere soon!

Well gals, I have to get so I can get this hat done. Her birthday is Tuesday so I if I can mail the box priority tomorrow she should get it, otherwise I might have to send it overnight.

Have a great weekend all!
    Faye
  • Good morning gals! We got home from the movie around 2:30 am. Marty had knocked over the trash can and strewn garbage all over the kitchen then decided the house was his own person toilet so we had that to clean up. She is going to owe me for doggy sitting! I was hoping to sleep in but the dogs wanted to go out so I just gave up and came downstairs. I have to get Alicia's (my dil) birthday present to the post office so she will get it by Tuesday anyway so I am just up.

The movie was great and followed the book closely. We got there 45 minutes early assuming we would have to stand in line to even get into the theater, but she said it was all cleaned out and we could go right in. There ended up being a baby and two boys about 8 and the rest were adults. The theater ended up being only about halfway full and two men in different parts of the theater fell asleep and snored through half the movie. We had a nut case sitting in front of us talking to himself through the whole thing or talking to someone on the screen.

Well, I finished the hat and scarf. I thought Alicia would like the cloche sort of 60's look of the hat. I put it on to show Jack and he hated it. He said it looked like something from the 20's. Yahoo, that means it looks like it is supposed to.

You all have a wonderful Saturday!
    Faye

• Quote:
    Heather: Where do you live in Indiana? I grew up in the South Bend area and my son lives about 4 blocks from Notre Dame.
    I'm in the SW corner of the state.
  • Hi everyone,
    Just browsing through the site as I've just started WW again - I did it a few years back after my first baby and now that I've had another little one 5 months ago - I figured it was time to do something about this baby weight again... I hadn't lost it all from the 1st baby before I got preggy with the 2nd so I figured if I don't do something about it now it will just get worse!!

Anyways happy to be back on the program - although it's changed - it's sure making me aware that while I thought I was eating well - I was overeating!

Look forward to chatting with you all!
  • Quote: Hi Renacer welcome back.

Why don't you make it a point to check in here every day? That may help, then again it may not.

It is a good idea, when I was coming here everyday, sharing and learning from everyone I was doing great.

Thanks Clydegirl.

[QUOTE=gma22;2831065]Renacer: Since I am 55 and have been obese for 30 years, I have done everything and I mean everything short of surgery. I have even done WW more than once but would always cheat on a weekend then not go back on Monday and that would be that. I have now been on it a little over two months without the cheating, though we have eaten out and I have had fatty food. What finally has kept me on the straight and narrow is our vacation next November. I absolutely know I cannot do it if I am not at goal or close to it. I won't be able to walk around properly to shop in St Thomas or even walk all over the ship. Like I said, I also ordered clothes in goal size and won't send them back so it keeps me "legal." Everyone always says just get back on the wagon, don't beat yourself up, etc, etc, so I won't add to that. Just know that everyone one of us knows what it is like to fall off, feel like an idiot, and maybe even ashamed at our lack of discipline or whatever. We all know you can do this and can succeed so you just show us all you can! As for blood work, my doctor always falls on the floor because I am a walking enigma. I started out 220 lbs overweight, do NOT have diabetes, in fact have great blood sugar (it stayed under 95 when I was in the hospital) even though I have a nephew with juvenile diabetes, a mother who died from diabetic complications, and a brother and a sister who are diabetic. I just had my blood work done and my total cholesterol is 118, my triglycerides are 107 and my ldl is something like 40. I think my dr wanted to rerun it, until I told her to look at last year's and she will see it is about the same. I have no idea why I don't have high blood cholesterol, but I am not going question it that's for sure. Glad you got a good report on yours.

QUOTE]

Hi Faye!

That's amazing that your health is in great condition. I myself developed diabetes and I need to watch my cholesterol, so I was really happy with the results I got. I'm only 32 and I have a young child and a husband, I need to take care of myself to be around for quite a while.

I love St. Tomas, I'm from the caribbean myself. I bet you are looking forward to it and what a great motivation. I like your idea about the clothes, I bought a dress that fits me but if I want to look good on it I need to get rid of some pounds...So now on I'll keep it in a place I can see it.

The scarf that you made is lovely, thanks for your kind words. You are right we can do it!!

Well, I went to the weight in today and I was up only 1.8 not bad for almost a month of behaving not in a good way. At least this past week I went to the gym 5 days and to two Zumba classes. I feel motivated.

Thanks everyone you have no idea how much it helps to be able to exchange words with people that understand.

Enjoy your Sunday, talk to you later.
  • Glad to be back on 3 Fat Chicks Boards!!!
    This has been some whirlwind of starting, recommitting and stopping. I have been a care taker of 4 elderly family members that have all passed. Mom died in January and this has really wreaked havoc on a once slim figure over the years. I have had to get over each death and I have been putting life in genral on hold. I'm a RN and work in ICU by the way so seeing the worst that can happen to you at work and at home has been my young to middle aged life.
    So here I am for the umpteenth time without any obstacles and though I have been on Program and had 1 week I skipped up, ducked a meeting, I am so relieved that I went back and turned it all around again.
    I am looking at my booklet. I started on June 20th. My last weigh in was July 25th. I'm down 8.2 lbs. It's been about a month and that's a big deal moving the scale downwards since almost every time I stood on my bathroom scale it showed higher and higher.
    Ok, I refocused and I am so happy to give a negative number with a positive answer. Very uplifting to tell you the truth! I am going to be able to keep goi g now because I switched Plans to counting points and be more optimistic and feel less challenged. I know that I read everyday how people who weigh even more than me are getting down to goal with points. Core is always a guessing game for me and I stall out at one point and then quit.
    So I found my focus, found my motivation and found myself in all of this gloomy past life. Now I need the weight loss and land this perm job I applied for and I should feel really happy with myself. Cool beans!
  • Sundays are my weigh in day, I lost 1.6 lbs this week bringing my total up to 17.2 lbs. My weekly average is 1.7 pounds, not including the first week since I lost 4.8 pounds, I don't count that in my average.

I tried on some more jeans today, a new pair fit! I have a stack of jeans and every week or two I try them on to see how far down the pile I can get. I have two pair of jeans that I would look silly wearing since they are so baggy. I will pack one up for "reference" and the other will become my weed eating jeans (I get my pants all grass stained when I use the string trimmer).

I tried Laughing Cow cheese after hearing about from the boards. I have avoided cheese since it didn't add that much to my sandwich as far as taste goes. But I did enjoy the LC cheese with some multigrain crackers I found.

My kids are trying out the fruits and veggies as I bring them into the house. I have learned that if I need to eat something "bad" like a mexican frozen burrito or something, I serve it on a large bed of lettuce. As the good stuff squirts out, I lap it up with lettuce and get full from a smaller portion of the microwaved "junk".

I am cooking more, running the dishwasher more, weighing stuff. I rarely feel hungry and am really very pleased with weight watchers. I am eating alot more beans, it has become a real staple of my day.

I was able to splurge at my brothers birthday party, cake, chicken wings, cheese and crackers, but I accounted for everything and used my flex points and still had a good loss.

I am not discussing my weight loss with anyone. Still afraid of failure even though I am actually doing it. And I am so pleased that I am not eating weird soup or avoiding a food group. This does seem to be a very workable lifestyle.
  • Good morning ladies. Weigh in and I lost 5 lbs this week! Nice thing since I was stalled for 3 weeks and I had kept to program. Darn female stuff anyway.

RP: Good going! You can do this, I know you can! I know, I eat beans too as they do fill you up more and you can eat a lot with little points. The thing I like about WW is you don't HAVE to drastically change your diet to lose. I mean, yes, you have to cut out the crappy stuff you used to eat, give up what you can't seem to control eating, and adjust the stuff you love to be more weight friendly, but you don't have to give up red meat if you don't want to or pile on the veggies instead of other foods (though it is better nutrition certainly.) I have a hubby that is just not a veggie eater, though God Bless him, he has actually discovered he likes asparagus, blueberries and strawberries now that he gave them a try. He is finally stepping out of the box and trying new things. I used to try to get him to try stuff and he was very stubborn about it. He is finding out I was right as if I didn't know that all along! I have always told him to try something and if he doesn't like it then don't eat it again, but there are lovely foods he is missing because he says he doesn't like them but has never tasted them.

NC: I could never do Core as I know I wouldn't stick to it and Jack would never eat the stuff on it. I crack up at him as he is like a kid in a candy store. He was overweight by 50 lbs so was wearing a 42 pant. He is tall and very gangly except for a huge tummy where he carried this weight so when it started coming off, he kept changing to the next set of jeans he had, then the next, etc. He is now over halfway to goal and in a 36 jean and you would have thought Christmas came early. I think it is funny how he is reacting just like a woman does. You keep going and will be at goal in no time. You certainly have a high stress job, which doesn't help and I know that sometimes eating properly etc just doesn't happen in nursing. My sil is a nurse manager in the CCU at a hospital in Lubbock Tx and so I know sometimes meals just don't get eaten and you tend to grab whatever you can. I look forward to seeing you at goal!

My dd sent me a pic of her, my grandson and sil standing in front of the great wall. It is very, very hot there and they all look happy, but prettys sweaty. She says they are having a grand time as I am sure they are.

Tenacer: I wish that when I was 32 that I had been smart enough to think better about my health. The problem was that my dh was in the Navy and money was a real problem so we ate what was cheap and went a long way, which meant pasta stuff, hamb, and canned veggies. I rarely bought any fresh fruits or veggies, except maybe lettuce and an occasional tomato and carrots as I just couldn't afford it. Doing what you are doing now, will make your quality of life so much better.

Today is swim day so I will be going over to my dd's later this morning and getting in a hour swim. I haven't gone since last Wed and miss it. I couldn't go on Thur and was at the hospital with the swollen stuff on Friday so didn't go then so I need to get over there and get 3-4 workouts this week.

Everyone have a great week.
    Faye
  • Faye: good job on breaking the scale stall!
  • Wow, I missed lots of post over the weekend while I was away. Welcome to our newcomers!!!!!
    Skyootr, my cat looks exactly like the one in your photo!
    I was a BIT better behaved this weekend than the last few, but I sure wasn't perfect.
    We went to a great Italian place that I love dearly on Saturday night and I could have gotten myself into a huge amount of trouble there and instead I had a grilled shrimp salad and minestrone soup, I did have some bread and butter but I could have ordered something absolutely sinful and had an appetizer as well. I had ONE glass of wine and didn't order a second, even if I wanted to.
    Last night we were at Pizzeria Uno and I order grilled salmon with brown rice and steamed broccoli. Now that was being a very good girl and I only had water even if I wanted a beer.
    So, two nights of eating out and I did better with my choices. I love to eat out and have food adventures.
    I'm going to have to be extra careful starting next weekend as we are going on vacation. That will be hard.
  • Linda that is great self control, congratulations!

I'm just cheking in, day is going good with my food choices and I'm on plan. The only thing is that I wanted to go to the gym after taking my baby to daycare but I needed to go to the supermarket for fruits and milk and I was feeling hungry (no way I could work out fasting), so I went to the supermarket and headed back home. Here I am at 2:32, got involved between work and cleaning...I'm planning on going one hour before I pick up my baby at 5pm.

Hope everyone is oing great.
  • Hi girls.

Busy weekend, enjoyable. Cards won yesterday what more can I ask.

Good to see you back posting Renacer.

Hi Nursechef. sounds like you have had a lot of things to deal with but you are on the right track.

I've been busy going through boxes of stuff my oldest left in a closet upstairs 3 years ago. She came by last week to get some stuff and said she didn't want it anymore. I kept the important things, some stuff to charity and my youngest has a few things.