Supporting Each Other on our Weight Loss Journey!

You're on Page 5 of 10
Go to
  • Ladies, I had to move up my tracker by two pounds this morning. If I can't be honest with all of then, then I may as well just give up, right?
    I'm really dissappointed in myself.
    Last three weekends, I admit to you all, I have taken the weekend off my program. That is not the way to make any of this happen. I know it, but did that change anything for me? No.
    Let's get to work! That's all I can say to myself today. I have to do a better job and I obviously need to plan my weekends better.
    I hope you all are doing better than I have been.
    I have to admit that I probably allowed all these bad habits to creep in when I was on my 25th anniversary weekend. I had vowed I would do some walking that weekend, at least, but it rained all weekend and I didn't. I enjoyed our trip and all the food, but those habits are hard to break. I allowed the old me to enter back. The old me got her foot in the door and forced the door open. I've excused it and have truly thought I was doing better during the week, but these last few weekends have not been good for me.
    So, I need to be here and I need you all.
    I don't have an exact plan for today, but I vow to you all that I plan to do better.
  • Morning girls.

It's a lovely day and it's my birthday. The big 50.

I've had a challenging weekend. We went to Fan Fest for the All Star Game on Friday. Saturday we went to the concert under the Arch for the game with Sheryl Crow and Elvis Costello. My husband and middle daughter were gone and it was just my youngest and I. I was not making good choices as I wasn't cooking. That was a mistake.

So Linda like you I plan to do better. I've no idea what we are doing tonight for dinner as I really don't want to cook, it's a big day. I already told them I don't want a cake.

Also when I got the steroids last week from my doctor I decided not to take them as it felt much better with the anti-histamine. Another mistake I realised it was not getting better. So I started on them yesterday and I hate taking steroids they make me feel strange, nauseated and I don't sleep well on them. I'm on day 2, 4 to go.

Enjoy the day.

PS sorry Faye just saw your post. I was thinking with all those things you have to make you won't be able to snack.
  • Okay, so today WI in and I am 212.1, missed my 5 lb. star by 1 oz. If that is not motivation, I don't know what is. Having said that - I am very happy I didn't gain. I learned a lot on this vacation and some of it was pretty hard stuff. I have a busy day cut out for me today, but today will be an OP day! So, I am chugging a long a and doing well. I have 12.1 lbs until my September 16th goal. (My friend changed our WI to Wednesdays) so I look forward to seeing the scale go down..

Happy journey everyone!
  • Oh and Linda,

I am expecting a gain after the vacation. So I understand how you're feeling. It is a crazy roller coaster ride, but know we're here cheering you on - you can do this!
  • Hi everyone,

I took a bit of a break from the weight loss efforts after getting injured twice (ankle, then knee) and quitting smoking....but mostly healed now and 2 weeks smoke free! I have 5 months till wedding dress shopping begins (wedding is May 22, 2010) so i gotta get my butt in gear!
  • Welcome Kristinx...congrats on your engagement and we know you'll be looking great for that wedding...........also congrats on quitting smoking, that's a big deal in itself!!!

It's a great group of gals here...
    Happy Journey!
  • CG, just be careful with the steroids, they are strange meds for sure. I hope you are OK!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CG!!! I hope you had a great day.
    Ash, sorry about the 1 ounce, drives you crazy, doesn't it? Thanks for the support. I just weighed myself and I'm already down about a pound since yesterday but I won't adjust my tracker until Thursday, which is my "official" weigh in day. We'll see.
    I was much better behaved yesterday, though I went over on my food just the same. But, I had tons of activity and hope to have balanced it off. We have a deck on the back of this house that is about 25 - 30 feet long, it's huge and I painted the entire thing myself yesterday. I was in the hot sun and working hard. It's done! Then, I used a scrub brush and hose and cleaned off all my outdoor furniture and really wore myself out and on top of that I was on the treadmill in the morning. I think I more than made up for eating. Whew!
    Kristinx, welcome! I hope you get down to your goal on time for wedding dress shopping, or actually wearing vs. shopping. If you are embarking on a very serious weight loss journey, make sure the dress you order is one that can easily be altered but do not make the mistake of buying something too small in case you do not lose the weight. But, certain styles can be taken in much easier than others. Ask them in the bridal shop about this.
    Another thing I want to mention to you is that I hope you are not just trying to lose weight for that one day and that I hope you think about what Weight Watchers promotes, which is a healthy lifestyle change, something you can live with all your life and maintain a healthy weight.
    I am not trying to lecture as I am not there at all, but I worry about people who try to lose weight for just one occasion instead of for themselves and forever... hope that makes sense.
  • Trust me I am not just trying to lose for that one day..I lost around 60 lbs before with Weight Watchers and maintained for some time...till I met my future hubby....as many couples do we spent many of our dates eating out...getting lazy, etc and gained weight....so I am now the heaviest I have ever been....I want to lose the weight for the wedding yes because of course I want to look great..I also want to lose because we plan to have kids and I want to be healthy before getting pregnant...
    So, many reasons to lose, but ya gotta admit, getting a wedding dress is a little extra motivation and kick in the butt!
  • Nor would I have quit smoking if all i cared about was losing weight for this one special occasion...it makes losing weight that much harder! Just wanna be healthy for my new family!

Thanks for the concern though
  • KristinX, makes sense to me! I like your stop smoking tracker. I wonder how much money and cigarettes I have saved? I quit about 22 or 23 years ago and it's been that long since I had a cigarette. Thousands of dollars, I daresay.
    So, today has a special challenge to it. A meeting and an art class. Both places people always bring food. I am only going to have yogurt for breakfast and try to be conservative at the meeting.
    Art class, last week, there was ice cream cake and I avoided having any. I hope there isn't anything there, but there often is. I think I'll bring a banana and proclaim that my special snack.
    Tonight's dinner is handled as I dug out my "Fix it and Forget it Lightly" cookbook and bought stuff to make a recipe from that. It will be lean and it will cook all day while I am busy.
    Kristinx, by the way, eating out really packs on pounds. But, I do warn you that it doesn't stop when you are married. My husband and I eat out once or twice a week and that is probably what causes lots of my problems. I have reviewed and reviewed this in my head, but I still lose control. Eating out is NOT a special occasion, yet when I go out and get a menu in my hand and someone asks if we would like a drink before dinner, all my inhibitions seems to disappear. I try hard not to order anything really "bad" but I still make some bad choices. But, we love to eat out and when we stop, I feel like I am being punished. I need to work harder. I need to also learn to speak up more for myself when ordering. I have at least started asking for margarine when I get a baked potato and most places have that. Baked is so much safer than mashed. I read that lots of places pile in cream and sour cream and stuff like that into their mashed potatoes, you have to be non-trusting. Goodness knows how much added butter is in them. Also, serving size is usually huge.
  • Good morning ladies! It is going to be another hot one here in Elvis country today. I did an hour workout in the pool today so I allowed my hubby to take the new car to work. He always gets it muddy though! I then end up having to take it to the car wash. Men!

Linda: We are all here for you when you are having a tough time. My dh and I vowed to going out to eat once a month, period. We used to eat out a lot too, usually every weekend we would go out or bring stuff in. It is a killer for a diet. It doesn't matter where you go. Just pick yourself up and get back on the horse. You are so close to goal now that you can see the end so go for it girl!

Kristen: I too have something to use as a goal, but mine is a long way away. We are planning a cruise for our 38th wedding anniversary 2010 so I bought clothing that would fit me at goal. I can't send them back and one of them is a beautiful Bob Mackie piece so I have to keep working at it and get the weight off so I can wear it next Nov. You keep going, you will be a beautiful bride. After all, you are beautiful now so you will just be even more beautiful!

CG: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I noticed the AL won again last night. Had to have disappointed the Cardinals players who were on the All Star NL team being in their own stadium. If there is one thing great about knitting, you cannot knit and eat at the same time. You have to put it down to eat or drink and right now I am in a time crunch so I am not eating while I knit. I don't usually eat while I knit anyway. I do usually have a glass of water with me and sometimes a coke zero. I don't drink a huge amount of soft drinks as I know they can stir the appetite.

My grandson and his parents should be in China today. I am one nervous Nonny that's for sure. I just worry about the earthquake they had in one part of the country and the riots in another part. Luckily, they are going to be with a tour group. Their dog is homesick for Thomas though. He cries off and on. I had him in my lap petting him last night because he was doing it. Makes me cry to have him upset. They are like toddlers who feel abandoned by their parents when they are left at the grandparents. He is getting up in years as he is 13 so not so agressive anymore. He and our yorkie get along fine except they both want attention. My dog is sitting right under my chair at the moment and he never does that.

Well, I need to get back to the knitting I am almost done with the scarf, but am having a danged time of it getting the hat on the needles. The yarn wants to keep splitting and then I lose my place as it is knit in the round. I will post a pic when I am done with them to ship to her. The colors are really cool and bright.

Faye
  • Morning girls.

Just got back from my weigh-in and I'm down 1lb. That's me back under 200. I was glad to see that as it's been a challenging week.

I had a nice birthday. I got an Edible Arrangement instead of a cake, which was very nice.

I just had some flowers delivered from my friend which was a nice surprise.

My goal for this week to stay on plan and make good choices.
  • Good morning everybody! I had to get up because the power went out and just as I inched into the hall bathroom to get the candle lighter under the sink, the power came back on. I said to heck with it as I have been up twice putting the dumb dog back on the bed so I just came downstairs.

I am going tomorrow morning and get our tickets for the Harry Potter movie tomorrow night. We are looking forward to seeing it, but I bought tickets for the 11:15 pm show so we will be out half th night. Thought I might miss some of the kids that way.

I talked to one of my friends from the law firm I worked at when we lived in Indiana and she told me that when I visit next time and have the time, if I let her know in advance she will get a group of the ladies I worked with together to have lunch or dinner. I would love that and can't do it until next April when Jack goes to the annual Cubs game with our son Jay so I should be down quite a bit of lbs so it will be a big surprise for them.

CG: Did you get that whiz bang storm we got last night or was it too farth south to hit you? Congrats on the loss!

Well Thomas and parents got to China a-ok. I got an email from her around midnight night last night but the night before. She said they had gotten checked into the hotel, had a late supper and were going to bed. I imagine the time stuff will mess them up pretty much. Poor Tom has to come home and go right back to work as Thomas said he is using every bit of his vacation time he has left.

I got the hat on the needles finally and have about 1/3 of it done. It is really cute. I have the scarf finished and decided not to put the fringe on as I don't think she would care for it.

Well gals, I am going to try and nap in the chair until Jack gets up in an hour.

Have a wonderful Thursday!
    Faye
  • Hello Ladies, I started class Tuesday and have been a bit under the weather, so I haven't been on. Not much to report. I am doing well. My bestfriend and I who do WW at home and keep one another accountable, changed our WI to Wednesday, so I am going to see how that works.

I wish everyone a great rest of the week and happing losing!
  • Thank goodness I got to move my tracker down by TWO POUNDS today!!!!!! So, the extra two pounds I had to come clean about and add on to my tracker are now officially history. What a relief. Now, it's time to keep working and keep up my motivation. It is also time to not allow weekends to negate all the good work I do during the week.
    What weekend defenses are you all using? I seem to lose control so easily.
    Faye, I hope your travelling family members are OK.
    Also, I just couldn't bear to go out to eat only once a month. You must have such will power. I love having a glass of wine before dinner, but this weekend I will do my best not to do that, unless I have done substantial enough exercise to "earn" that wine.
    CG, great job getting back under 200 again. Keep up the good work.