Knowing what's important...

• I am five days post-op from my hysterectomy. Everything went very smoothly! I am sore, but able to keep my pain under control. I am following doctor's orders and not doing too much too soon. I am surrounded by people that love and care for me.....and most importantly, the pathology report shows I do NOT have cancer!!

The only bit of bad news: I was denied Short Term Disability Insurance due to the fact that I do not meet the height/weight ratio....in other words, I'm undertall...LOL

Oh well, I'd rather be cancer free than have lots of $$$....
  • I was just thinking about you and hoping you were doing well! Sounds like you are so that's wonderful.
  • don't understand the insurance bit but great news about the surgery/results!
  • I am glad that everything went well and you are feeling okay. Sending lots of gentle healing hugs your way.
  • So sorry about the short term disability.

I actually originally typed in what I THOUGHT was the acronym, but it sure sounded BAD ( as in: sorry about the STD...)
    Thought I'd rephrase that...

Anyways, take care of yourself. Take in all the positive energy around you, and we are all so HAPPY that you are healthy...

Kira
  • It's great to hear your surgery went well and especially that you are cancer free. I can't even begin to imagine the stress relief that must be. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery!
  • Yay for not having cancer! You are blessed.
  • I am glad the surgery went smoothly and am cheering because you don't have cancer!! So sorry to hear about the insurance, didn't know they did that.
  • Being cancer-free is wonderful! Shame about the disability situation but health comes before wealth
  • Oh Jen thank you for this update. It's just the news we were all hoping to hear. I hope things continue to go just as smoothly.

Bummer about the insurance.
  • I am so pleased about the news, Jen! I am glad things went smooth!