Sayonara to the 140's challenge

You're on Page 2 of 26
Go to
  • I've been get frustrated because my weight keeps jumping around. I only weigh once or twice a week. I'll go from 147 one weigh in, to 140 the next, then back up to 146 or so. I keep reminding myself that overall it's going down.
  • Quote: Mostly because for some reason or another, I always this is always the rate where I end up reverting back to my old bad habits.
    Tough love: You're NOT going back to your old ways! That's not even an option, so don't let that thought even enter your head. Ok, tough love over.

I'm sorry about the bounce up, but it really does happen to everyone and it'll drop off faster than you think. Maybe you can try changing something up? Do you already do weight training? That helps a lot with getting rid of those "bulges", even if the scale doesn't move. Can you identify what happened the last 2 times that made you regain just to make sure it won't happen again (even though I'm sure it won't!)? Even if you're not losing right now, that's waaaay better than giving up on all of your hard work and regaining, so just keep it up and if nothing else, you know you're being good to your body and that's what really counts! You can do it!
  • Hi ladies!
    May I join your lovely thread?

I've been hovering around the 137 - 143 zone for a while now. 140 is my "scary" number that I hate seeing on the scale. Silly, but as soon as I'm back down to 139, I feel a bit relieved.

I'd love to lose about 10 pounds and be firmly in the 130s. Last time I lost a bunch of weight (20 lbs) I got down to 115lb and although that's pretty low and I don't expect to go there again, it still felt awesome.

And I, too, have doubts about my discipline when it comes to eating. I tend to stress eat, especially at night. I used to binge eat like crazy, but somehow I was able to move past that (would sit and eat everything in the house until I was sick).

I wonder why I keep sabotaging myself as well. During the daytime I'm so motivated, active, eating healthy... then night falls and all of a sudden all of my healthy thoughts run away and it's like, "what yummy, fatty food can I eat???"

It's so easy to get lost in this vicious cycle. Easy to feel like change isn't possible, especially after waking up to 140lbs+ on the scale every morning, after eating crap at night and regretting it in the morning...

But I'm trying to shove those thoughts aside and realize that I am a human being with an amazingly functional body that WILL RESPOND and WILL LOSE WEIGHT if I follow the rules... no matter what my pessimistic mind says, the body will listen to you if you treat it right. Even if my brain is telling me "oh, don't even attempt it... you know you're gonna fail... you're destined to be a little chunky... even if you lose weight again, you'll gain it back..." even if THOSE are the thoughts that I think 24-7, I don't care, I'm gonna work until I see results.

And I know that once I see results, no matter how little, that will motivate me to take the next step. And the next step. and the next...

here's to escaping from the 140's!!! *raises glass of water*
  • Hi ladies! I definitely want to join in on this

I FINALLY got into the 140's after being in 150's for almost 4 months!! I even waited a week to make sure I was really down in the 140's before moving my ticker! LoL And I can TOTALLY relate with the boozing! I dread the weekends, I swear ... it's hard to stay away from it when everyone else is drinking around you! I'll do the whole crystal light cocktail thing, or maybe even coke zero and rum, but for some reason you can always tell i've been drinking because my gut just looks bigger the next day! LOL

Can't wait to start working out again next week though, now that my leg is pretty much healed. Seems like I can eat more cals/day when I run
  • Quote: Tough love: You're NOT going back to your old ways! That's not even an option, so don't let that thought even enter your head. Ok, tough love over.

I'm sorry about the bounce up, but it really does happen to everyone and it'll drop off faster than you think. Maybe you can try changing something up? Do you already do weight training? That helps a lot with getting rid of those "bulges", even if the scale doesn't move. Can you identify what happened the last 2 times that made you regain just to make sure it won't happen again (even though I'm sure it won't!)? Even if you're not losing right now, that's waaaay better than giving up on all of your hard work and regaining, so just keep it up and if nothing else, you know you're being good to your body and that's what really counts! You can do it!
    Thanks TakingCharge. Sometimes a little word of encouragement (or a big ) is really what you need. I 3FC. I am still struggling to get back on track, but I am NOT giving up! No way Jose!

Hows it going for you? You're sooo close, even I can smell it! LOL.
  • Quote: Thanks TakingCharge. Sometimes a little word of encouragement (or a big ) is really what you need. I 3FC. I am still struggling to get back on track, but I am NOT giving up! No way Jose!

Hows it going for you? You're sooo close, even I can smell it! LOL.
    Anytime!

I've been at 140.0 for the past 2 days! I knew this would happen though. It would be too easy to just coast into the 130s. I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into a dreaded plateau because that would just drive me up the wall. I'm doing well with food and exercise though and my pants are getting loose, so I feel like I'm going in the right direction, which is good enough for me! You definitely will get back on track! Just take it one step at a time and don't get down on yourself. And come back for another pep talk if need be!

Welcome to chickennugget and misspiggy! (Cute names, btw!)
  • i want to jump in. I was down to 136 in the fall and have gained some weight back. I am down to 142.4 as of this morning and my first goal is to get back to 138...so like 5 lbs would be a good start i guess.

I am eating more fruits and veggies and TRYING to stay out of the candy. It has been REALLY hard this week as I expect AF any day now.

So that's it about me. My goal is 128.
  • Welcome skinnybeach!!! Time to say Sayonara to the 140's! You've done it before, so I know you can do it again!

By the way, love (LOVE) your name... skinnybeach... that's hilarious!!
  • I'm back down to 140. Now I just hope I can hold out here for a bit and not jump back up again.

It was one of my roommate's birthday's this week so we've got a huge birthday cake in fridge. I've had one small piece of it yesterday, but it's taking a ton of self control not to eat anymore. I try not to keep sweets around because usually once I have a little bit, it's hard to stop myself from getting more. I really don't want to hurt all the progress I've made lately.
  • Quote: I've had one small piece of it yesterday, but it's taking a ton of self control not to eat anymore.
    Impressive!! I walked into my office yesterday and there were 2 (not 1, but 2) cakes sitting on the desk, just calling out to me. There was no one else around and I was left alone with 2 cakes, one of which was a fruit tart (my favorite!) but I just left and bought some gum and kept reminding myself that they're not my cakes and if I had some, I'd be stealing (something I learned on this thread - it really helps!). So phew, dodged that bullet.

Today, I'm at 139.8 for the second time this week, but it's way too close for comfort! Hopefully I'll keep going down instead of bouncing back up to 140 again, but we'll see! It's definitely nice to see a "3" there!

Happy Friday!
  • Quote: It was one of my roommate's birthday's this week so we've got a huge birthday cake in fridge. I've had one small piece of it yesterday, but it's taking a ton of self control not to eat anymore.
    WOW... I am impressed! Usually its the "small piece" that does me in. One taste and everything's out the door.
  • Thanks guys! I just hope I can keep being so good. This weekend is going to be a huge challenge for me. Lots of friends are eating out, I'm surrounded by cookies at work (I managed to only eat one!), and we're having a party at the house. I know I'll be drinking, but I'm going to try and be careful about it.

TakingCharge: You did great! Looking at it as stealing is a great idea. I'm going to try and incorporate that into my life.

I was at 139.6 this morning, but I prefer to just round up. Then I don't feel as bad when my weight jumps up again.

Sweetshauna: I'm usually the same way. It's taking a ton of willpower to stay away from that cake.

For the first time today I had some coworkers comment on how I look like I've lost weight. It feels really good that the changes are becoming more and more obvious.
  • Wow. I just went on a 1,350cal binge. Breakdown: a big mac meal (with DIET coke ) for dinner, and a huge slice of tres leches cake for dessert.

I really don't consider myself a binge eater. But 1,350 calories in one sitting is unhealthily excessive. Thing is I know I was "pigging out," but just in terms of the VOLUME of food it really didn't seem that extreme. Its not like I was even stuffed to the point of discomfort.

What do you ladies think?
  • Quote: Wow. I just went on a 1,350cal binge. Breakdown: a big mac meal (with DIET coke ) for dinner, and a huge slice of tres leches cake for dessert.

I really don't consider myself a binge eater. But 1,350 calories in one sitting is unhealthily excessive. Thing is I know I was "pigging out," but just in terms of the VOLUME of food it really didn't seem that extreme. Its not like I was even stuffed to the point of discomfort.

What do you ladies think?
    Well, I'm gonna be captain obvious here - that probably wasn't the best idea! What made you feel the need to "pig out"? How do you feel now? These things happen to everyone, so it's really not the end of the world, but get back on track right now, not even tomorrow morning! Volume is definitely more important to me most of the time, so next time, just think of how much food you could eat for 1350 calories! That's a whole day's worth of good, nutritious food!

Don't be too hard on yourself though. Just get up tomorrow, have a great workout, a healthy breakfast and you'll be back on the way to the 130s!
  • Sweetshauna: We're all going to eat things that are unhealthy at times. The most helpful thing for me has been to decide ahead of time that if I eat something like a Big Mac, then I have to skip on the dessert. Or I could eat a slice of cake, but a healthy dinner. I've noticed that if I give myself a little leniency to indulge in planned small bits occasionally (maybe once a week), it helps prevent me from going on crazy sugar binges.

I'm still working on self control. When I saw it really improve was after I hit my halfway goal and could start to see the changes that my body is making.

You're getting so close to your goal! Just keep pushing through obstacles like these and you can get there!