Why I've Been MIA

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi, everyone! I've been MIA besides a check-in every few days and I wanted to let my SB friends know what's going on. A few weeks ago, I found a lump in my breast and DH and I both thought it was weird and deserved a trip to the Dr. Well, that Dr. appointment took place about a week-and-a-half ago and she found more lumps that she was concerned about. This morning, DH and I left at 5:30 am to have an ultrasound done (at 27, I'm considered "too young" for a mammogram,) in the "big city" since we don't have an imaging center here.

The whole situation has put me in a bit of a dump and I've just wanted to be with hubby and not online, which is probably a good thing, even though I have missed 3FC. I don't know the outcome of my ultrasound, but I'm feeling much better now that it's over. I'm hoping I will have my follow-up with my Dr. this week.

I will be back to chatting soon, I hope. I do want to catch up with all of you! We are super-busy at work, so my internet time will be limited to when I'm at home; we'll be skipping lunches and working late quite a bit over the next two - three weeks, but that's a whole different story!!

I know I've been thought of and I will appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers regarding this! Thanks a bunch!!

~Kim
  • Hugs!!!Hang in there.Most lumps are benign!!!
  • *hugs* Kim!!!! Many prayers your way!
  • Kim, I have you in my prayers!
  • Thanks so much for checking in, Darling Kim. I know how worried you must be as I've gone through the same thing. It turned out to be a reaction from black fly bites that made the lymph tissue lumpy. I hope it's that simple for you and that the results come soon.

Please do keep us posted.
  • It's good to hear from you Kim I've been thinking about you.

when is the follow-up appointment?
  • Yes, Kim, you've been in my thoughts. I hope you will have your good news soon and can put this behind you.
  • I've missed you, Kim! My understanding is that young people's breast tissue is too dense for a mammogram. Hate to say it, but 'dense' is short lived.

Please know that you are in my prayers.
  • Sending kind thoughts for you and your DH today!
  • Kim - You are in my thoughts and prayers. Checking it out is the right thing to do.
  • Kim, I'm not a south beacher but I am responding to this thread due to content.

I went through the same thing many years ago when I was just your age. I had several lumps and the only way to see them was through ultrasound. I was so worried and anxious. In the end I had the questionable lump removed and biopsied. It was benign. I have always had lumpy breasts and continue to get mammograms every few years that are always negative. Keep positive thoughts!
  • Kim, you touched my heart, my 29 year old daughter is going through the exact same thing ... Her apointment is scheduled for Tuesday and her follow-up with her Dr. on Thursday. I will certainly keep you in my prayers and thoughts.
  • Thanks to everyone for your kind words, kind thoughts and prayers. I haven't found out what date/time my follow-up appointment is, but I will be calling in the morning to see why it hasn't been set up.

Evangeline: My thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter.
  • Kim, no news is good news. If there was something there, they'd want to see you right away. Think positive!
  • Kim you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers!!! And like Cottage said no news is good news when it comes to the medical profession.