Gave myself a bouquet of NSVs!

• 1. Although my knee's painful (too much genuflecting at the Mass yesterday. honestly) I walked into the city and back, about 50 mins brisk and shopped for a couple of hours too.
    2. I went to the bobbi brown makeup department in a department store and sat on the high stool for at least half an hour while she tried makeup on me and everyone could see me and I didn't mind.
    3. When the rep. said, 'You have great cheekbones' I said, 'Thankyou.' I didn't mention being on or half way through a diet or do anything to advertize my fat status, because it felt like she was talking to a normal person, because I am one.
    4. My clothes are looking so good at the minute that I didn't freak when 182 showed up to keep 181 company on the scales this morning.
    5. I went food shopping and although I handled the mini pots of Ben and Jerrys and Hagen Daazs, I put them back.
    6. I decided to treat myself to 1 mini baguette, which I filled with a lot of salad and a small bit of meat. It was great and, although I wanted to get in the car and buy 50 more and eat them, I didn't, I rode it out.

Lots of great flower stalls in the market but there's no point buying any, when I'm 35 hours away from takeoff, so I made myself a bouqet of NSVs instead!
  • Congrats! Good job riding out the cravings

• Kira
  • Great job on over coming your cravings!! But what are NSVs?
  • Now that is an excellent list of NSV's!
  • NSVs are non-scale victories.

I wrote about mine on my blog today. http://thejourney26.blogspot.com
  • Love it. Love you. Awesome sauce

ESPECIALLY the part about the scale
  • I think our little Ailidh is growing up! Just kidding. But really, you sound so - sensible and rational and mature and, and, and .... I could go on and on.

You are really getting the hang of this!!!! I'm so pleased & happy for you, I could just kiss you. Mwa.

• I am going to miss you something awful! How long will you be gone?
    I love your bouquet. I'm so pleased for you. You attitude is just so blissful. How lovely to have your make-up done. I did that only once. I feel so stressed that they want me to buy something! and I'd feel obliged.

I love your attitude, too about the scale. Keep you chin up and ride it out.

I am so pleased for you!
  • those are good NSV, thinking upon my list.