40+ pounds lost, $450 pants trashed!

• Never thought I'd be this excited to have to get rid of a pair of $450 custom made, custom fit pants, but I don't think there is any way my seamstress can take these in to fit! Guess I'm going to have to buy new riding pants next season if my broken arm ever hears!

• congratulations! That is an awesome feeling. I hope the arm heals....
  • I bet those are the best $450 that you've ever wasted.
    Congrats!!!
  • I think a tailor could alter them.
  • Quote: I think a tailor could alter them.
    I'd think so too! I'd ask before ya trash em. And congrats!!
  • Total congrats.. I know it is a great feeling to lose weight.. Keep up the great work and again Congrats..
  • The best waste of money is that you are too small to fit into those pants!!!
  • Awesome jon on losing the weight! Having to through out $450 worth of clothes must be tough but hey the weight loss be all worth it

Congrats!
  • It's a shame because I saved up for quite a while to buy my first custom riding suit! My tailor says that the way the pants are cut, you can only adjust them down 2 sizes to still be functional. Hopefully she'll be able to sell them on consignment so I can recoup some of the money on them (I spent over $2400 on the full suit and would assume the jacket is going to be just as big, have to try it on tonight)! I only got to wear it 4 times. Oh well, I'll wait until late fall to get sized for the replacement since I can't ride again until after this season is over. Hopefully by then I'll be down to my goal weight and will feel great spending all that money on a suit that will actually look good and flatter me!
  • Is that a saddleseat suit? I ride H/J and can't wait until my 32 and 34 breeches fit again. I'm currently pouring myself into some 38s that I was finally able to find. Everything "plus size" in riding stuff seems to be tights and leggings. NO! I want some nice heavy well cut breeches material, just in a BIGGER SIZE!

I thought my show clothes were expensive, but you have it even worse than I do!!
  • I miss riding. I don't think it is a coincidence that back when I used to ride I was at a healthy shape. I used to come home from school and do my homework and then ride for hours.

Congrats on the need for a new riding habit. That is a wonderful feeling!!!!
  • Way to go! One of my favorite parts of losing weight is the baggy britches!
  • All - thanks for the words of encouragement!

Rebound - they are indeed saddleseat pants! Being able to buy riding wear off the rack was definitely one of the motivators for losing weight, finding anything above a 34 in stores is pretty much impossible, and since I am definitely an apple shape, my *** and legs will be swimming in anything I find. Most days I ride in boot cut irideon's because of the comfort of an elastic waist (saddleseat clothes don't offer that option!) without being too clingly the rest of the way down. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Even when it hurts to get rid of clothes you love, doesn't it feel GREAT to see that pic??
  • Wow! Those pants are literally falling off your skinny little butt! Congratulations!