June Weight Loss Challenge Continued

You're on Page 4 of 42
Go to
  • Good morning everyone. I woke up to a nice modest .2 drop on the scale which was nice. I ate a big supper last night of chicken and vegetables (those yummy foil packets in the oven). I ate so much I had NO desire to eat anything the rest of the night which was kinda my plan to avoid temptation. It was all very healthy, so no guilt either. The cravings are in check again, but now my DS has decided to use this new kids cookbook we got him and make peanut butter cookies today...the smell is getting to me a bit, but I'll eat a WW approved treat instead. I just LOVE peanut butter!!! Thankfully, like I said, the cravings are pretty well gone or I'd be in major trouble diet-wise! Time to go exercise and be a good little (weight) loser. LOL
  • LE ~ Hehe, I thought the same thing yesterday. Since I started this, I have cut out all snack cakes, treats, cookies and all that stuff from being in the house. Well, my oldest has been bugging me for weeks to get something sweet. "Mom I love you, and I think you are doing an outstanding job, but puhleeeeeeze, just bring me a cookie home..please, I'm begging you." So, I thought, they have been such good sports with all of this, I bought some cookies you put in the oven and bake. They were dying for me to cook them last night, but I was already at my calorie intake, and I KNEW if I baked them, I would eat one, so I'm gonna cook them this morning and I thought to myself, I wonder if I can eat those cookies and nothing else and just stay under my calorie intake. But then, I thought I can have two for about 300 calories and still not go over, so I think I'm good, but the whole eat cookies and nothing else thing did cross my mind. You keep up the great work and yes we definitely miss you around here. Would love to see you stop by daily again. I can definitely tell the difference with my multivitamins. Though I have to take mine with food, because the nano is released differently then a regular multivitamin. It disguises it's self as a carb, so it is absorbed into various organs and tissue and isn't flushed out of the system like a lot of the vitamins and nutrients we take. It's actually fascinating when you read the science behind the molecular delivery system this vitamins use.

MasterYoda ~ Hey, I've played every one of those legos games, start to finish to. Anything star wars, I'm all over it. Actually, I've played all of them before the kids actually. Hey, what can I say, I'm still a kid at heart and I love me some games. I love the fact, that I can still be a kid around my kids. I think sometimes, parents are so caught up in their "adult" life, that they forget what it was like to be a kid and unfortunately, they can't relate to their kids. I've never been a serious type of person. My personality leaves me plenty of lead way to be a responsible parent but on the same token, I'm as goofy and immature in my own right. I think it's finding the balance that works well for me. Anywho, good luck at the movies today. You brave, brave woman. I haven't taken all of mine to one location in so long, I wouldn't know how to act. What are you guys going to see? I tried the interval stuff with the treadmill but my knees hate me for it the next few days, so I'm still waiting to get about ten more pounds down before I try again. Sounds like you got a pretty good workout in when you did it. You have me all excited and stuff now. Thanks! You have yourself an amazing day masterjedi!

MsP ~ on the drop and way to go on resisting temptation. Sounds like you have everything under control. Good for you!

Now as if I haven't already run my jaws enough...my workout was amazing, back to sweating my butt off and really working it. That is why I get so disappointed with low impact stuff like the Active. If I can't feel it, I don't feel like I'm getting anything from it. Plus, I don't think your body releases all those "feel good" endorphins, when you do low impact stuff. I NEED those endorphins...they are addicting I tell ya. THAT is what keeps me pushing myself harder, longer. I LOVE that feeling I get. Gotta have it! I NEED MORE EXERCISE.

So great workout and now I'm off to cook a late breakfast for all my late risers. I'll check in later!
  • June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
    Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit 6 days a week; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
    Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
    VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
    Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
    Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
    Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
    JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
    Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
    Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
    LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
    Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
    Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
    Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
    Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
    Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
    Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
    WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
    Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
    Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
    Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
    Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
    NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
    Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
    Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
    100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
    Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
    Fattopia: Become a Size 20
    Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
    Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
    AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
    Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
    Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
    Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
    Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
    Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
    SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
    SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
    HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
    Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
    Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
    Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
    Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
    Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
    Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
    Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
    Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
    Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
    Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
    Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
    RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
    Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
    Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
    Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
    Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
    SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
    Dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
    Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
    Naf1008: Reach the 160s
  • I did something amazing this morning.. I got up with my BF and after he left for work I stayed awake I got on my elliptical and am feeling pretty good although starving! And since a few people on the boards have been talking about having veggie omelettes, I'm craving one. So I am off to cook one up for breakfast as a great start to a wonderfully OP day! Hope the rest of you have one too!
  • crazymama, my sleep issues have been going on for about 13 years now. I've talked to every doctor I've ever seen about it, managed to get two sleep studies done that got me absolutely nowhere. No logical reason WHY I have poor sleep, just the acknowledgment that my brain fights itself out of REM sleep in under a minute. And then I wind up with NO follow ups from the doctor I got to schedule the sleep study.

I'm planning on trying to find a new doctor soon. My friend loves hers, and I've already stolen her OBGYN (best decision EVER).

I've been seeing an endocrinologist for the last year trying to find a reason for my constant pain, weight issues, sleep issues and whatever else, and he seemed to really listen the first visit. After that it was just more "you need to lose weight" stuff. I think it's all connected, but no one else seems to care enough The only reason I haven't moved on yet is because he finally decided to run some more tests last time for issues beyond weight-related insulin resistance, but I have to wait until next month to find out the results. If nothing has changed, I'm finding another endo too, I think.

I'm not sure yet if today is better. I'm feeling ok now, but that doesn't mean things won't take a turn. Either way, I'll be hitting the gym after work. I'm back up 1.5 pounds on the home scale. 5 pounds in, and I'm already getting stuck. The only reason I haven't been stuck the last few weeks is because I kept GAINING while out of town. Here's hoping I can get things back in check before I wind up gaining for official WW weigh-in.
  • good day ladies!

my first post didnt show up..pout pout, smiff, sniff

my legs are hurting, i tried to climb 1000 stairs, didnt work so good, only made 800( i had to show off to my son)..it hurts to sit, it hurts to walk..but im gonna do it again today, but this time im going to walk to the mountain from my house. so if im not here tommorow, please send the seach rescue workers out to find me...lol

why is it that some men can eat almost anything and not gain a pound. my hubby cam to bed last night with a bag of ruffles chips, and dip..all i heard was crunch crunch crunch........errrrrr...he made me so mad..but i didnt have any.

Everyone had a great first half of the week, so lets keep it up and rock this week...everyone stay on plan, exersice and drink our water. I know we can do it, cause we are women, and we are strong, and we rock!!!!!!!

have a great day everyone!

love ang

im off to check out my second fav place..face book, and then to make choclate protien cookies.yummmy
  • ang ~ hehe, is that short for angela or angie? Most people call me Angela but ONLY because my half sisters name is Angie...my Dad was a real winner let me tell ya. Anywho, love the positive energy coming from you girly. Have yourself an excellent day.

Gekster ~ Way to go!!! Excellent work. You are well on your way of making that a habit.

Glutio ~ Hun, I do hope today is a better day for you.

As for me, I just had to hop on and share this. Every month we get all of Canaan's medical supplies and formula shipped here via UPS, and today, the guy that dropped them off, (he was a hottie), he actually asked if I needed help bringing the boxes into the house. I guess I was a bit taken back by it, because after four years not one of those guys have offered to help me with those heavy boxes. So I really don't know if he was just being nice, and he wasn't in a hurry, or if he was off hand flirting with a cute lady. I'd like to think the latter...regardless, it sure made me stop and think ....and run to the bathroom and tell myself how sexy I was. At any rate, just thought I'd share my delusional thinking with you fine ladies.
  • Morning All!

My brain is all mush right now. Only got about 4 hours of sleep last night and boy am I feeling it!
    I might just take a day off exercise today since it's supposed to be my rest day anyway and try and wake my poor brain up.

Be back later when I can actually think straight.
  • Girls-

So sorry that I have been MIA the last few days. TOM hit with a vengeance and I have been so incredibly sick. I don't know what is going on but I have been barely functional and mostly doubled over. Totally bloated as well and in fear of getting on scale! I am hoping that I am coming out of it today so I'll check in tomorrow and try to get caught up with everyone!

to all!!!
  • Morning girls

Happy new day! I was thinking, we have 5 days left to our week. Congrats on the losses, lookingtobehealthy....congrats on making it to a new decade wtg! Nellonello, congratulations on another lb. lost , congrats to you both girls

Gekster, how did you like your beets last night? I used to eat them a lot as a kid, I loved them with red wine vinegar, lol

crazymama, thanks for the kick yesterday and threatening me with the rolling pin it worked! I hope you are feeling better today girl and that you woke up to a good new day Have a great time at the movies today.

Hi Newshinyme, wtg girl : ). Keep up the good work, hope your having a good day.

Delphi, hi there. Regarding keeping busy, ohhhhhhh...lol. THis place keeps me busy. THe only time I sit is when I am on here to post or after dinner at night unless I am under the weather and then I go nuts having to sit. Well you sure have been keeping busy with those workouts of yours. Sooooo, the "friend" may come to visit in August eh? lol Oh you!, I hope soooo, that sounds great! August is plenty of time away.....besides your doing great and you look super, you will be feeling even better by then. Keep it rockin'

HI suzyq and glutio : ). Glutio, hope your feeling better today. have a great day girls.

dandk, congratulations on being down a few lbs. and good luck with tomorrow's WI

Hi Jacquee, hope you gals had a great time at the movies yesterday

and a hello to our other Jacqui! lol How are you doing Jacqui? Hope your having a great day too sweet lady.

nello, glad you got your new sensewear in the mail today

Lewissssssssss, hi there, sorry to hear your not feeling that great feel better girl. Sounds like you've been working a lot on top of it, hope you get some time for yourself today to sneak in a nap or at least some rest. Regarding the cravings, absolutely......they say and I so agree "the more you have, the more you want" and vice versa. For me, sometimes just getting a taste of something is enough to set me off, other times not as much, it depends. This is one of the reasons SBD does not have the bad carbs in phase 1 (to break the habit), it's not a low carb diet as many suggest but it has the good carbs from the veggies, etc. Am I on it again, noooo. Waiting for that haddock which should be coming soon : ). In the meantime, if I see persistant carb cravings...I may need to lay off completely again for a while. TIs a new day, feel better and keep on truckin'

MSP, yayyyy! wtg chicky! congrats on a great day and here is to wishing you another one today. If the scent is a real killer, you could spray a little aerosol in the kitchen Not sure how the little one would like that though : ). My DH did that once after cooking bacon! Too funny! : ) keep up the great work chicky.

hi canadian, I know what you mean about men. They have higher metabolism than us and typically a lot more muscle.......don't ever enter a weight loss competition with a man! lol thanks for the well wishes, you have a great day too.

Lene, urockmom, hi girls....hugs. Have a great day. To all of you gals out there, hello and keep on fighting

Chicks, I gotta run. More on me later, another yucky day but a good day to get all my stuff done. We never went on that walk last night and I don't regret it! I couldn't beleive it when I stepped out, it was soooooo cold! brrrrrr. It was a real push to do my workouts yesterday but I was so thankful after and a big thanks to you all is in order . Chat soon girls
  • newshinyme and urockmom, girls. I hope you feel better. New, yes most definitely....have a good rest sweety. Maybe curl up wit a good book or take a nap. Urockmom, feeeeeeel better. I tortured myself by going on the scale, I wouldn't recommend it....especially if your bloated and all. It may be better to wait until your feeling better. As a matter of fact, I dont think im going on the beast until the end of the month, lol : ). You just feel better, the scale isnt going anywhere.
  • Delphi, lolllllll gotta love ya chicky Thanks for sharing with us. Lol @ delusional thinking! hahaha, No sweet girl, I'm sure it was the latter......your a looker hey i just thought of something, I am waiting for a package today too! hahaha, just kidding! lol DH would lol. Actually , I really am waiting for a part of his to arrive....I can't leave the house today but that is okay as I have much to do. I can go visit my parents tomorrow. Take care : )
  • Delphi- What do ya know...I guess chivalry is not dead after all. It's especially nice when the guy is eye candy! The kinda candy that WON'T add calories! YUM! LOL

Well, today has gone pretty well. The smell of PB cookies has died down and I've eaten OP, exercised, showered and it's time to head to the store and then for a walk with my wonderful offspring. We walk to the library almost every weekday which helps keep me moving during the days.
    So, my b-day is next month and I'm trying to think of some wonderful goal to set for myself so I can earn some big birthday reward. It's exciting to think about it...I'm so so so happy to still be losing and exercising regularly. I haven't been this weight since mid-college. I exceeded my unspoken expectations, so now I know it's all for real and for life. Yay me!! Seeing others of you succeed and work through trials and temptations have been the fuel to keep me moving forward, so thanks! It's so funny how just trying to keep up with some of you so I don't look like a slacker has made such a difference. You ladies rock!!
  • MsP ~ Ya, I know! He was probably just being nice, but usually those guys knock on the door and then take off, they don't even wait on you to open the dang door. It was nice...maybe he was new?

FSA ~ Hey chicky! Still cool up there eh? Well that does suck! Well hopefully some warmer weather will come your way soon. Cheers and have a great rest of the day.

urockmom and NSM ~ Hey you guys!

As for me, I finally figured out how to get an entire hour of JUST strength training in on the MFC. I had to set up a new profile and set the goal to upper body, blah blah blah. But it worked. So I actually got an entire hour of the good stuff in and man do I feel Alive! Though, I have a feeling I'm gonna be a little sore tomorrow. A lot of back exercises and tons of sets, so three cheers for getting a great workout. She tossed in a few crunches at the end and now my belly is uber cramping..not good. Hopefully, that will help with my cycle though. TOM is a pain, but he hasn't got a good hold of me...well at least not yet. I hope you ladies are having a great day thus far...I know I am! Jacqui, you're in my thoughts little lady!
  • FullSteamAhead- Thanks for asking, I forgot haha. The actual beets were really good, completely not what I was expecting. The greens though.. not my thing haha. The first bite was fine, but after that it just got more and more bitter, I gave up on it. But hey, I can now say I tried it!

Delphi- Definitely sounds like you are having an awesome day! Good for you!

MsP- Good job resisting those cookies!

To all those dealing with TOM, feel better ladies.