What "little things" do you look forward to?

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • What "little things" do you look forward to when you lose your weight? I was just thinking this AM about it...

1) I can't wait to step out of the shower in front of our mirrored closet and not wonder if my boyfriend is looking at my back rolls

2) I can't wait to not have to sit in the front seat of a packed car (biggest in front!)

3) I can't wait to order a cheeseburger and not feel self-conscious that everybody in the restaurant is saying "should she really be having that?"

4) I can't wait to walk in a store and shop in the MISSES section, not Women's!!

5) I can't wait to not see the word "OBESE" on my medical file!

I'm hoping some of your awesome "little things" will help keep me on the right track!!
  • not having my thighs rub together! ....that would make my clothes last twice as long!
  • can't wait till the day that I want someone to take a picture of me,
    Or the day that I will go dancing with friends and not feel so awkward.....
  • Many years ago, when I was in my early 20's, I joined WW and got down to about 135, the smallest I have been in my adult life. My high weight back then was about 180, a weight I was deeply ashamed of (interestingly, I am no more ashamed of my current weight than I was of that weight -- probably less so -- and don't perceive myself to be any bigger, which may be part of the problem).

Anyway, my office had some kind of celebration at a restaurant one night and there was also dancing. I remember one of the office guys "slow" dancing with me, but he was really good, twirls and fast moves and such. I had never been able to keep up with anyone like that before, but I remember I did, and I had such a good time!

Now I am almost 60 and newly engaged(!). My fiance loves to dance and is very good, but I never dance with him. It is sad, really. He loves me for me, I know, but I also know he loves to dance and misses it. If I were slim I know I could dance with him and not be awkward and slow because I still remember that time 35+ years ago when I was able ... to....dance. CJ
  • - thighs not rubbing together
    - being able to literally run around and not worry about how I look
    - feeling a smoooth back, not lumpy backfat
    - not having to cover up with a jacket or a blazer
    - having enough room to put my legs up when I'm in a car or in a chair lol

so many more but that's what I can think of from the top of my head!
  • I'm just looking forward to seeing my hips bones...

• ~not having to worry that I'm outeating everyone, including guys, at parties
    ~not having my thighs rub together also
    ~not having people make snarky comments when I go to lunch at work (it happened, years ago, still haven't forgotten it)
    ~being able to wear a bikini again! (Haven't worn one in 13 years)
    ~not having only two clothing store options to choose from in the mall and both of them suck and are horribly expensive.
    ~attracting men!
    ~not feeling snug in a plane or theater seat (can fit in one, but as mentioned, it is a bit tight.)

These are just a few of several.

M
  • -shopping anywhere for clothes
    -buying stylish,cute clothes
    -having self confidence
    -not obsessing about food/weight
    -not thinking if only I was thin
    -having energy,and being able to move around easier
  • These are great, gals.. and so inspiring!! I hope and know that we will all reach our goals...
  • Pretty much everything that has been mentioned before. Plus,
    *being able to fit in rides (like at disneyland)
    *being able to walk faster
    *being able to climb stairs easier
    *being able to play with my kids more
    *being able to run
    *being able to fit in booths are restaurants easier
    *being able to wear whatever I want!
    *being able to wear normal shoes (I'm hoping my wide feet lose some weight too)
    *being able to make love with my husband easier
    *feeling sexy
  • -not making a joke about myself to cover up how I really feel
    -when someone refers to me as small and I look around to see if they are really talking to me.
    -hot having to worry when getting out the car or chair making sure pants don't fall under rolls or your stomach is showing
    -when someone hugs me or when a guy touches my back i don't feel disgusted
    -when taking a picture with others then viewing it, i don't have to mental prepare on how fat i will look
    -or when taking a picture you try to do the pose that underemphasis your weight
    -when walking a short distance not looking like you just walked a mile, sweaty and shiny. lol
    you ladies probably going to kick my butt for saying this but when a guy walks by I won't think I could have gotten him if i was smaller. (sad but true)
    -going to a food buffet with confidence
  • Maybe I'm superficial, but I most look forward to being able to buy lots of fabulous clothes.
  • dymondnruff - great list! i like the one about walking, hehe, cuz i sweat like a pig!

beaka - not superficial at all. I can't wait for that either.. I hate going shopping with my thin friends because I can't buy anything from the stores they shop at, and vice versa. I'll be happy even wearing an XL, as long as it's in the misses dept!
  • - Being free from this relationship with food
    - My thighs not rubbing together also!
    - Not feel like I'm being judged if I eat a slice of pizza
    - Being able to shop at "regular" stores and fit in "normal" sizes
    - Being comfortable in my skin
    - Going to the beach! It's been years!
    - Not being afraid I won't fit in a ride. I haven't been to an amusement park in a long time
    - Not dreading summer because I sweat so easily
    - Be okay when people take pictures and post them online without my permission
  • Quote: -
    - Be okay when people take pictures and post them online without my permission
    ^^uggh good one, I immediately take down my tag if someone tags me of facebook!!