We're Fixin' to meet in the South, Ya'll come, Ya hear!!!

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • jennifer.. any time, any place, you're ALWAYS welcome!!!

you interested in joining us for lunch in nyc the first weekend in august?? dottiejohn will be there, and sam n rosies grandma, and peachie and me, and our mother, and jenniffer from the 100 pound and pcos, and i'm not sure who else...
  • Oooh, if I was remotely close to NYC I'd be there in a heartbeat. I'm in Tennessee, so it is a little way off! Anything Southernish in Spring or later and I should be good to go. Maybe even this winter. I am sure I can scrape up enough for myself to go, but we can't afford to go to Holland to visit Rob's parents and I would have incredible guilt if I spent vacation money on myself right now. We've spent a load of money on trips to the Immigration office (8 hour drive so it costs $$) not to mention the immigration fees, so we are tapped! I'll just get excited looking at pics and plan on one 8-12 months from now!
  • Jennifer~Holland! Wow! You can tell I live in Houston~the immigration office is about two miles from my house! Huge melting pot of people here! I hope to get back to SC Oct/Nov'ish. I think Ruth is interested around that time also. Bad habits?

Good news! My permanent driver license arrived in yesterdays mail!!! No more stressing over the id issue!

Ok, how're we going to make contact once we get there? Should we just plan on meeting at a pre determined time? Sounds as everyone should be at the hotel about four?

What do ya'll think?

J

Oh, by the way - I've been practicing my big poolside hair!
  • I'm sorry, I can't do the big hair
    In fact, I'm debating about cutting off some more just for poolside! Forget the inches thick makeup, as well. How about the white zinc all over my nose? Would ya'll recognize me then?

We could meet in the parking lot, or in the lobby, or in one of those fabulous poolside grotto's. I'll probably be the last to arrive, MIL drives reaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy sloooooooooooooow. Hmm, maybe we'll split the driving?
  • Jennifer would love to meet you too, but understand about the finances.

You guys pick the time and place and I'll be there to meet you. It will cost you $7.00 to get into the park, but after that, I think if your staying in the park you get a pass to go in and out without a reentry fee. I'll check on it to make sure.

Do ya'll want to do the seafood buffet at the Evergreen friday night? It is a little pricey, but the few times we have been to it it is wonderful!! That would allow us just to hang around the hotel, we can eat and chit chat. Since it is my anniversary Friday I think my hubby may join us for dinner, but I'll have him drive his own car, we can send him home right after dinner. Jiff hopefully they will allow us to split a meal.

Or we can do something else. There is a bbq in the park, don't know how good it is, I'm not a bbq fan. Or we can do something outside the park, we have most of the major restraunts within shouting distance. Outback, Chili's, Joe's Crab Shack, Red Lobster, mexican (pretty good and very cheap). Italian.........we can find most anything.

Gosh, I can hardly believe it's next week!!!

Debbie

PS, as for the big hair, mine is so short I couldn't have big hair if I tried! I will provide putty knives to apply makeup, LOL
  • Hey Debbie~
    Keep that putty knife handy! I already worned you I will be in makeup! Unfortunately I truly make big hair tooooo easy! Don't know if it's a southern thing or just lots of hair!

Debbie, I hate that you're missing your anniversary celebration with your hubby! If he can handle all of us chicks I for one would love to meet that terrific man you're married to!

Ya'll know me and Mexican food! So guess where my vote goes? I say let's exchange some personal info (cell #'s were suggested), when everyone is checked into the hotel we can leave phone messages with room #'s and plan on meeting at the motel lobby or bar area! Since good4me is driving in maybe Deb and I could get her some phone numbers earlier in case of an emergency on her road trip.

Ok, I'm just rambling and tossing ideas out here.

Deb~you will at least wade around in the pool won't you? First bathing suit I've worn in years! Somebody better keep me company as I'm hiding out beneath cool waters!

What kind of clothes are ya'll bringing? And I'm not telling you if I'm packing undies!
  • Good Gosh girls I am having a great time catching up on your plans. sounds wonderful!! some day . . . . . {{{sigh}}}
  • Sue wish you could come.

Janice, that's a good idea about passing out phone numbers. I'm going to PM everyone with my numbers.

Debbie
  • Spoke to the Evergreen people a few minutes ago. You pay the initial 7.00 when you enter the park for the first time. When you register at the Evergreen they will give you a pass you can use to go in and out of the park for two days.

The Friday night Seafood buffet, also has other things prime rib.........salads of every description. Anyway, the price like I said is a little hefty, it's 22.95 per person, 12.95 under 12. Jiff I'm still trying to get a hold of the manager to see how you and I can work it.

We don't need to decide about dinner until Friday if we don't want to.

Debbie
  • OUCH! 22.95 for about one fourth of a plate? You guys can have mine, I don't eat much seafood!! What about another place in the town instead of the hotel restaurant?
  • Sherrie how does Mexican sound? Janice expressed an interest in Mexican, and I bet we can get patio drinks there, how about it Jancie?

I know of a little Mexican place, we call it cheap Mexican, I'm not a critic of Mexican food, I wouldn't know a good Mexican restaurant from a bad one. But, this place is pretty good. It's outside the park, not far from my house.

Any votes for cheap Mexican????

Debbie
  • DebKay ~~
    I'm easy to please, honest!!

Cheap sounds good, patio drinks sound better!

I say for Friday nite-it's your anniversary ~ You and DH choose! Maybe we can find those cute little singing waiters to sing you happy anniversary or something!

As long as the place we choose has at least decent appetizers, enough room and patience for us to sit around and hen talk and have a few icy cold drinks of choice. It honestly doesn't matter to me! Well, maybe sushi would. But I'd deal with it! I'd just drive thru a burger place later!

Ummm, a bit of a concern of mine. I, ummmm, am a .
    Will anyone mind if we sit in the smoking section? Out of respect for any non smoker I will refrain but feel I need to put this up front. Honesty here girls! Especially with a couple patio drinks? Oh my! Pass me a fresh pack! lol Just kidding but seriously, if it would bother anyone please let me know.

How are we looking for phone number exchange and meeting place?

If ya'll don't decide before early Wednesday morning-look for the Bette Midler look alike in the piano bar around 5:00 p.m. on Friday! Don't worry, I don't sing!
  • MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMexican!!
    My favorite!! And cheap, that's even better! Drive thru anyone?

Smoking doesn't bother me. Honest. Even though I quit smoking in May, I still have the occasional slip. Dang! So, feel free!

MIL and dd don't really care where we eat, as long as the relaxation is good. Can't wait to see ya'll!
  • Janice I don't mind if you smoke, my hubby smoked for years, it never bothered me.

I don't think hubby will be joining us on Friday. He just said he will spend our anniversary with our daughter, lol. I told him he could pop in and have dinner with us and than leave.........aren't I nice!!

The Mexican place is very laid back, it's a little hole in the wall in an almost empty shopping center. Everytime we have been in to eat they have been very nice. I have never had a cold one while there, but I'm sure they will have something of the patio variety!!

I don't think I could even look at sushi, I'm not the daring type. My older son loves it, but I don't think I could even try it.

I need to call a friend of mine to get the name of a little place in the city of Stone Mountain that she told me has a great lunch menu, thought if we are in the right place at the right time on Sautrday we could give that a whirl. I know we are low-carb but she was telling me they serve great sweet potato french fries.

Debbie
  • ok.. jiffy's rules: and listen up!! this is serious!!!! NO SUSHI!!!! i actually like it, but i've gotten real sick off of raw fish, and i'm not doing it anymore..

and the other rule: smoking is no big deal, as long as i'm upwind. it's an asthma thing, not a judgement.

can we handle this?? PLEASE??? i'm begging here...