Is It Normal...

• For your first (monthly gift) to be wacky after weightloss surgery? My Dr. said it's normal because of hormone balance can get off, but I'm 47 and wondering if it might be menopause. I spotted every third day one week then I've been steady for 8 days now. This has never happened to me before and I was wondering if any of you can remember going through this.

I know this is a delicate topic, but any insite is welcome
  • If it continues go to the Doc but the Fat going by byes will definitely release bonus estrogen into your bod. .. I had some interesting girlie issues to begin with but ended up with a period for months
  • Thanks for the input KO I really glad to hear it can be normal, but I will also keep a check on it
  • fyi After a period for 3 months I ended up in the hospital I say if the spotting goes on for a month get thee to the doc!
  • Kier's got it right - i was bout the same age as you when i had surgery, and my periods came back after having been gone for a few months. it stayed around for 6 months, and then became less regular. and then STOPPED!!! now that i'm not as young as i used to be.
  • The first thing my gyno asks me if I say my period is wacky is if I had just lost weight... so yes, its normal.
  • Thanks you guys it makes me feel better to know that, cause I don't think I can handle menopause and weightloss at the sametime LOL
  • Really, what does it feel to be on menopausal stage?
  • I have fibroids that give me problems, but I was back on track for a whole 2 yrs before I had my RNY in January. Unfortunately though I have had the good ole problems since I got home from the hospital. I never thought it may be from the weight loss too!!!