Can't seem to make friends...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • make yourself the one they should be running after
  • I moved from a small town in wisconsin to a bigger city (Minneapolis, MN area). I thought I'd meet people in my apartment complex and at my job, but that didn't happen. I did meet my hubby and got married, he's from this area, so he has friends. I like everything about where I live, but part of me wishes I could move back to my small town just because I have friends there. I joined weight watchers with the hopes of meeting people, but no close relationships yet... I'll keep trying!

It's nice to know that I'm not alone!
  • Me too, I moved here to NYC five years ago and I don't have any close friends. All of them are back home. I only consider one girl to be a close friend but distance is a big issue here and she's not close, hopefully I'll see her in August for Depeche Mode. Other than that I just hang out with my husband and my 18m son, which I love but sometimes I would like to have my friends close.
  • I just had this conversation with my hubby this weekend. I don't have friends where I live either. Saturday, I went shopping by myself. I was sad and felt sorry for myself at first, but ended up really enjoying myself.
  • Check on craigslist.com for volunteer opportunities and you will meet a ton of people. I've also met a lot of my friends by striking up random conversations at coffee shops or in stores where people seem to be similar to me. I'm not sure if you are able to work, even part time, but I've met a great deal of my friends from work.
  • I'm in the same boat - am trying to combat it at the moment by finding volunteer work and I'm considering starting my own weight loss club at home.