~~June Golden Girls~~

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • and

Nothing great and glorious going on with me . . . still coughing and wheezing and having more and more difficulty in catching enjough breath. I have been seing "onderland" numbers on the scale for the past couple of days but I fear it is probably more connected to the on-going health situation than to anything I'm doing consciously.

Will keep you posted.
  • Hey Linda...do your doctors know what there're doing? It seems like you'd have a concrete diagnosis by now. Hope you feel better soon, I'll bet the kitty cats noticed the difference in you too!

Quote:
    Nothing great and glorious going on with me . . . still coughing and wheezing and having more and more difficulty in catching enjough breath. I have been seing "onderland" numbers on the scale for the past couple of days but I fear it is probably more connected to the on-going health situation than to anything I'm doing consciously.

Will keep you posted.
  • Far away in the sunshine is my highest aspirations.
    I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty,
    believe in them, and try to follow where they might lead.

Louisa May Alcott, author
  • Quote: and

Will keep you posted.
    Hi Linda,

I'm glad to hear from you, but REALLY sorry to read that you are still not well.

Enjoy your "onderland" numbers while you have them - regardless of how you got them.

Looking forward to reading that you are feeling better - SOON!

Lynn
  • I think I am back on track. Recorded everything I ate yesterday, and reduced my calories and carbs.

Someone on my DietPower thread sent me a couple of sayings that helped -

"If the problem isn't Hunger, Eating won't fix it."

and

"The problem isn't that we fall off the wagon now and again; the problem is expecting that we won't."

Lynn
  • I have about a dozen dark burgundy peony bushes that have stopped flowering for the season. Oh how I wish they'd flower all summer!
    We're having DD and new SIL over for Father's day today, we're grilling turkey tenderloins wrapped in bacon. Have any of you tried those yet? They are really delicious and you can remove the bacon before eating them for lower calories, the flavor stays on the meat.
    Lynn...I would never have thought I'd get skin cancer because of my complexion, I have olive colored skin and have never burned in my life. But I still had sun damage, probably due to laying out in the sun in my younger years and working outside without proper sun protection/lotion in later years.
    Quote:
    The type of cancer she has can be handled as long as it is caught early. Otherwise, it is VERY dangerous.
    I need to get my shower in and fill in the cracks on my face with make-up so I don't scare our company today.
  • Hi girls... mind if I join in... Yall seem to have a good time and am in need of some. I am at work... so i better get some done. Look forward to getting to know you. Joy
  • Welcome Joy
    I've been so busy all week that I just now tore off a week's worth of daily Maxine jokes on my desk calendar.
    Today's is about Father's Day: There's nothing quite like being a Dad! Though shoveling money down a bottomless hole comes close.

Monday:
    Here's a tip to avoid sunburn: Don't pretend two strips of cloth are a swimsuit.

Tuesday: I do my grocery shopping early in the day...before they run out of pizza samples.

Wednesday: I don't look at it as camping so much as feeding the mosquitos.

Thursday: If it weren't for fishing, gravity would be the only thing tugging on my bobbers.

Friday:Know what "BBQ" really stands for? "Burn Burgers Quick."

Saturday:Family reunions really make you sit back and appreciate those other 51 weekends.
    Have a good one!
  • We had tornado's all around us last night, scary! The humidity is going to be high today with 92 degrees temps, the news just said it'll feel like 100 degrees. That's hot for Minnesota, DH is going to turn the air conditioner on. I have to go out and weed around the birdbath this morning, the weeks should pull out easy since we had so much rain last night.
    I joined a thread on 3 fc's that's working on ridding cupboards/freezers of old stuff and not buying anything new except for fresh foods. My breezeway freezer is used just for frozen garden produce, breads, etc. and it's really starting to look bare. We're reporting everyday what we're using up, it sure motivates me. This am I pulled out a frozen 4 cup package of apples, now what should I do with it?
    Have a good day
  • Lynn........ I just read the Andy Rooney 'Over 40' and laughed all over again. I happened to see that show, we both look forward to his segments. Last night? he was reading letters from some of the viewers and this gal was complaining about his eyebrows. He is so funny!
    Awhile back he suggested everyone bundle up junk mail that comes with a prepaid postage stamp and send it back to them, and any other junk mail you can stuff in there. I have since done that and the credit card company that was the worst is not sending applications anymore. Pretty smart thinking on Andy's part.
  • Morning girls... Just wanted to drop a quick line. I am at work, I am looking so forward to retirement. Hopefully by March. I work 7 days on and 7 days off. Which is good, I am manager of the Dietary Department of a hospital… which makes my struggle a challenge some days. BUT today is a good day… walked a mile and ate a good legal breakfast. Hope ya’ll have a good day.
    Joy
  • Quote: Hi girls... mind if I join in... Yall seem to have a good time and am in need of some. I am at work... so i better get some done. Look forward to getting to know you. Joy
    Hi Joy, WELCOME to our thread. Folks have been a little quiet here lately, but we've got a bunch of lovely ladies on this thread. Nice to meet you. I will go up and check out your introduction in the Sticky area after posting this.

Quote: Lynn........ I just read the Andy Rooney 'Over 40' and laughed all over again. I happened to see that show, we both look forward to his segments. Last night? he was reading letters from some of the viewers and this gal was complaining about his eyebrows. He is so funny!
    Awhile back he suggested everyone bundle up junk mail that comes with a prepaid postage stamp and send it back to them, and any other junk mail you can stuff in there. I have since done that and the credit card company that was the worst is not sending applications anymore. Pretty smart thinking on Andy's part.
    I will try that trick with the junk mail and let you know what happens.

Just got back from the dentist. Should be good for my diet today - too sore to chew.

Lynn
  • Hello Girls. I'm run off my feet with wedding preparations. Less than 3 weeks to go. Had a baking and cooking marathon last week and managed to gain a few pounds. I'm working on decorations today and thank goodness they are not edible. And I don't have anything bought to wear to the wedding. Such bad luck with finding an outfit I like in the right size. All either too small or too large. Not because of an odd size--just none in the store. I need a size 10 or a 12 and everything is gone. I did get a nice summer print skirt yesterday that I wanted in a green print but had to take a blue print because I couldn't get the green in a size 10. Then I couldn't get a nice top to go with it. Now I have to go back to the only other store that carried the kind of top I want. It wasn't open on Sunday when I was shopping. If I do find a blouse to match I do have almost new heels to wear. I wore them to first DS's wedding a few years ago and they'll match this skirt perfectly. On the bright side I can find lots of things I don't like in my size so I could buy something I don't like and wear that. I'm sure someone will like it on me.

Bobbi, funny you mentioned you are trying to eat everything from your freezer and cupboard. So am I with the freezer. I'm running out of storage space for wedding food and so I'm trying to eat everything out of the freezer so I'll have more space. Not quite the same reason but it's giving me a little more space every day.

I'll try and post a few more times before the wedding to try and keep me on track. Then I have 3 weeks off from taking care of mom as my sister is going to take her home the day after the wedding. So we'll be visiting our dear little grandson.

Have a good evening everyone.
  • Hi all

Gosh Linda, I sure hope you feel better soon!

Believe it or not, I'm having quite a struggle trying to find people to build my department. You would think with this economy people would be knocking down the door for a job. I actually had one guy that was pretty qualified walk out after 2 weeks because I put him on the schedule to work on Sunday I did tell him we were a 24/7 operation before I even offered him a spot and he said he was fine with it....

On the bright side, I feel more on track than I have in a long time. Doing much better at logging my food (even on the weekends ) and am seeing a difference. Almost afraid to say anything lest I jinx it but.... I may have hit on something. I read an article about why it's so difficult to lose that last 10 lbs. The article said that most people continue to eat the same number of calories they were eating while losing but since their bodies weigh less, they don't use as many calories in day to day activities as they did when they were heavier so the loss stalls. The light bulb went off and I dug out some old wrist and ankle weights. I wear them around the house while I'm doing all my regular daily routine stuff - I honestly think hauling around a simple extra 15 lbs is working wonders. I feel like I'm getting a real workout just pushing the vacuum. Not to mention those weights are a constant reminder to stay on plan....

Anyone else ever tried something like this with any luck?
  • Good Morning!
    DH is traveling about 125 miles north to look at a 1932 Chevy car that's advertised for sale. He found one like it 48 years ago and his dad wouldn't let him buy it because it used too much oil. He said his dad cheated him out of buying it so now he's going to buy it.
    Our neighbor brought over a huge bowl of strawberries the other day, I made fresh strawberry pie for Father's Day. I made it with diet strawberry jello but real sugar because DD won't eat sugar substitute. (Pssst, she didn't know it was Diet jello and I didn't tell)
    Our neighbor just brought over another big bowl of strawberries, this time I'm making it with Stevia so I won't feel guilty eating it. DH just has to keep me away from the crust.
    YoYo.....That's a good idea with the weights. I started putting my elastic exercise bands on my computer desk so I can get in a few exercises while I read email, etc.
    Isabella.....Good luck on your shopping adventure and a little prayer works wonders!
    Joy...You have a lot of responsibility with your job too,
    Quote:
    Which is good, I am manager of the Dietary Department of a hospital… which makes my struggle a challenge some days.
    That should keep you motivated to drop a couple of pounds since you're the boss.

Lynn...good girl, I'm off track more than on. I'm just so tired of dieting.
    Quote:
    I think I am back on track. Recorded everything I ate yesterday, and reduced my calories and carbs.

Have a good one!