Exchange plans - support thread

You're on Page 4 of 8
Go to
  • Thank you Bootsie, I will be careful giving up sugar, I suffer from migraines so I know about headaches.
    I thought gateraide was ok until found out it was 33 grams of sugar, good grief.
    For the most part I have cut down on deserts and such already, its been a slow process but I am eating better.
    One reason I like exchange eating is I know i get my required amounts of foods daily, like 4 veggies and 2 fruits, i can also keep track of the carbs this way.
  • I am driving by but wanted to check in and say hi will be back later and post. That sounds great Karen. I had a hard time yesterday but my friend Kelli gave me a good Christian kick this morning and I am back on track plus the weight and the exercise contest seeing those girls work so hard and never giving up really makes me want to press on.
  • Where is everyone! I have not found you yet! Hope your not sick!
  • I've decided to add a list of exchange resources to my blog. I'm sure there are thousands, because I found hundreds of titles on amazon.com, so I may eventually have to break it into more pages (maybe each program having it's own page) I have only read a few of them myself, so I can't vouch for the accuracy or quality of the information. The books are as much my personal wish-list as a public service.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/kaplods/
  • Thanks went to your Blog and checked out some of the books. I am hoping when i get on my husbands scales tomorrow, I have lost! I am weighing on Sunday because that is the day for some reason I like to weigh! Tomorrow I get my kitchen sink fixed, hope he still is going to fix it and have hot water in my sink again! It leaked so bad I have turned the hot water off.
  • I have been eating non diet meals, but sticking to small portions and I have still lost 1 lb this week!!
    still doing exchange, which I think I can do for life.
  • Karen I have been doing the same thing but it has become a habit for me to kind of balance it all out , sometimes it just don't work that way though for me.

I picked up a book this morning by Selene Yeager and Bridget Doherty put out by prevention Get Thin Get Young, Ha that title just caught my eye. It is about cutting down on portions and exercise,fashion,making time for yourself, which is something we should all make time for. I checked out yoga on TV this morning and I like it, it really hits parts of your body that walking and bikes , dancing does not even touch my body, like that did. You know it is impossible for me to stand on one foot with my eyes closed? I cannot do that, my eyes have to be open. I am going to get me a tape on yoga for I think that is going to be a great exercise for me.
    On the fashion you would be surprised what colors and etc make you look slimmer or larger .
  • I bought me a divided baby plate at a yard sale, I think it may work for portion control.
    I'm taking it to a pot luck we are going to tonight.
    wish me luck.
  • Hi ladies

I have fallen off the wagon for a while. I have been really ill these last 6 weeks (mainly with female health issues) and am just now starting to feel better. Yesterday was the first day in six weeks I actually felt good. Good enough to enjoy it. I even had a little energy which was nice.

Anyway, I am restarting my deal-a-meal cards tomorrow.

Later this evening or tomorrow, I will post what my exchanges will be. I might even start a blog about it. That might keep me motivated.
  • Quote: I bought me a divided baby plate at a yard sale, I think it may work for portion control.
    I'm taking it to a pot luck we are going to tonight.
    wish me luck.
    Good luck. The plate sounds like a good idea. Let us know how it went. I am interested.
  • Hi Canadian i was wondering what happen to you, we used to chat on another forum about exchange diets.
    I am so ready for Labor Day to be over so I can get back on plan.
    Right now I am so sick of food.
  • It was a beautiful day today, so hubby and I went on a "cheese run" today to one of the local cheesemakers. They were having a special promotion for their flavored Montery Jack cheeses ($2.00 to $4.00 per lb.). I bought one pound bricks of Reduced Fat Pepperjack, Garlic and Herb, and one with a "blue" cheese marbeled through the jack. Hubby chose smoked swiss, and mozarella whips (a very thin string cheese, a little thinner than that of an average pencil).

I know that cheese can be a problem food for a lot of people, but for me I do well with cheese as long as I'm not eating it with a high carb food. A few small pieces of cheese are satisfying to me, but add crackers or other fast-acting carb, and I can eat until I'm sick. SO the secret for me, is to just eat cheese in a meal or snack without any high carb foods in the same snack/meal.

The bad news - we decided to stop for lunch, and the best choice was Golden Corral (a mega-buffet). I actually did very well. My first plate was mostly asparagus, spinach and other veggies. I choose mostly the veggies in steam trays that didn't seem to havelike butter or other fats had been added.
    I stayed within my calorie budget, but I know that with my IBS, I'm going to suffer for it. So, I expect a severe stomach ache late tonight, early tomorrow.

Still if I'm going to "suffer" for overeating, I'd rather be it due to veggie overload than calorie overload.
  • Hey there Candian Woman, I have a lot of friends in Canada, all are supper nice and so smart! Sorry to hear that you have been sick but so glad your feeling better and back. Kaplod sounds like you had a great time today with Hubby, I never ate cheese until I married David ,beets either...just could not stand either, I also weighed 125 pounds then too, hmm.. You know since I got married I gained 134 pounds! I lost 61 that have not gained back but had lost 90 all together, so fighting not to gain it back .I just worked to hard loosing all that weight to gain it back!
    Karen that is a good idea I went to a Texas BQ tonight I took homemade bread, and they did not have to much fattening stuff except a friend wanted me to try her brownie, so I did . But o well , I plan on doing better tomorrow and I have a small plate too Karen I have a fish & steak eat out tomorrow night. I know if I eat to much I feel so sick anymore.
  • Quote: Hi Canadian i was wondering what happen to you, we used to chat on another forum about exchange diets.
    We did? Private message me and let me know where. Did you have another nickname?

Quote: I am so ready for Labor Day to be over so I can get back on plan.
    Right now I am so sick of food.
    I am restarting tomorrow so I am looking forward to Labour day coming. I just had a nice meal of gluten free spaghetti and meatsauce. My final supper.
  • Positive steps today, organizing a food list of foods I eat and their exchange values, so I can just look at the list and see what I can eat daily, no more excuses.
    Really feel good about eating well and want to lose 20 lbs by Christmas to be under 200! Well gotta take Cody for a hike, have a good exchange day everybody.