Meeting with somebody new thursday

• I'm meeting with a guy at a sports training facility on Thursday. I'm nervous. I don't know why! So silly. Anyway, I'm supposed to go over my goals with him. My goals?

I want to look like her

And lift like her

I'm not asking for much.
  • We'll have to see how it goes. I haven't been given a price or how often I would need to come in. It's an hour from here and it's a training facility not a regular gym, so I have no clue.
  • Good luck and keep us posted ....
  • Good luck!
  • LangdonsBaby, sounds groovy to me! Love both pics!
    Good luck!
  • It went well. This place doesn't train very many adult (mostly children and college teams) but they do have a few and aren't opposed to it. He said that if I will commit to the work he can get me lifting, he can give me the tools to lift heavy. He emphasized they don't "workout", they "train" or "develop". It's not a place for general fitness by any means. It's a big room with giant tires, sleds, racks and then the usual medicine balls, etc. There is no air conditioning and they aren't there to pamper you. I will be training with the owner, the guy I met with today. He said he's very passionate about his work and he thinks it's awesome that I want to train for Powerlifting. He said I even have an advantage being that I'm closer to the ground! He seemed pretty nice. I don't do well with men really but I didn't feel too nervous with him. Hubby thinks it's great and I should go for it. He's willing to pay so I guess I should!

This guy does have a membership plan if you want to come in as you please to workout but since it's far away (45 minutes) and they are often training in there I don't think that is the right option for me. I'm going to do small group training 1-2 times per week and keep my own gym membership. Since he doesn't have very many non-college adults, he said that often I may actually end up being the only person there. Small groups are 3-4, so not that bad.
  • It sound fantastic! except for the lack of air conditioning

Have a good time and keep us posted. Sleds and tires are great fun

Mel
  • Yeah, the lack of air scares me. I have asthma and heat can be an issue. I hope it isn't. I actually forgot to mention that to him. I didn't write it on a form though. I think? Yeah, I wrote down that I sometimes take my inhaler for it so I did mention it.
  • What a great environment to learn! Have a great time and let us know how it all goes.
  • Well, I've pulled my shoulder out of a joint somehow. It's not bad but it hurts like h*ll. The chiro says it'll take a few adjustment and it should be back in place.