June Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 34
Go to
  • CMo4: I gave you a link on the other thread, but here it is again LOL:
    http://www.intervaltraining.net/Inte...beginners.html

Never done it, but seems like they know what they're talking about.

Good luck everyone!
  • Quick check-in to say my June goal is 45 min/day exercise 6 days a week. Don't have time to say more, but I'll check-in in a couple days to post and read.
  • NSM ~ just replied on the other thread, thanks for the link. That's actually the one I am going to start tomorrow! I hope I don't pass out in the middle of the street or anything. Thanks again for posting it!
  • CMo4: LOL. I'm sure you will be fine....or just pretend you're drunk ha ha.
  • Keep up the groovy work ladies! Remember to drink your water while you guys are burning all those calories.
  • Hi chickies, Happy June 1rst!

to all. Icandoallthings, It's great to see you girl! Glad you here with us.

Okay, I caught up with all the posts. Very impressive goals ladies! I will ponder no further, lol. Here is the scoop with me, I have been averaging 1200 minutes for the past 5 months (this is my 6th) , I think I did 1400 in Feb. Anyways, I never increased my goal as I found myself having to work hard to average about 5 hrs. a week to get my minutes in. All weekend, I was contemplating whether to stick with 1200 or shoot for 1400....after coming in and seeing all of your posts, I will ponder no further!

I have been consistent but I am really beginning to think my body may have adjusted somewhat, I need to either change up my workouts a bit or add some more minutes. What do you think? I did add strength training a few months ago (maybe 2 or 3?) and have been working on increasing my walks. Oh, I also decided I am going to continue with the wii because I get a great upper bod workout on it (I incorporate my own) and love it for the lateral side step I do (in conjunction with various arm exercises) on the free step. Girls, Do you think this is enough of a shake up? I am doing the same thing with my menu......time to light a and shake the bod up a bit.

crazymamaof4, I have seen so many various types of interval training routines (the minutes vary). Dr. Agatson's (supercharged SBD) suggests interval walking by warming up for 5 minutes, then walking as fast as possible for 15 seconds, then an easy pace for 60 seconds, and then repeating the process for 20 minutes. They claim it b urns 200 percent more fat! Well, I did do this yesterday on the treadmill and will probably start interval walking outdoors too....but change it up a bit here and there. I'm going to try and see what happens.

Okay, time to post my goals. (I usually veer off in summer so I am very thankful for our thread here), Jacqui, kindly put me down for 1400 minutes, thanks girl .

As far as which exercise I report........I will post walking, any aerobic activity including dance, badminton (if I play and at a good pace), strength training, any yoga...etc., and also swimming (I do laps). That's it for now chickies. Hope you all ahve an awesome first day!
  • FSA: Good job at setting your goals. I do believe that our goals should be a bit challenging but also attainable. I don't know about you, but if I was to set something ridiculously high, I probably wouldn't even try as hard cause I'd know I couldn't do it anyway.

Jacqui: Can you add: to workout at least 850 minutes to my goals?
    510 was definitely too small of a goal last month.
    Now my "official" workouts are on the shorter side, so having the minutes goal will force me to add some more activity on my day, like walking.

OK, so..here it goes:

June 1: EA Active Workout 22 mins + 30 min free step = 52 min.
  • Jacqui: That's 2 walks AND 30 minutes of exercise. Thanks for clarifying. Yes, that's one of my many cats in the avatar. Wow, you have mastiffs. They're pretty cool dogs. How many do you have?

Good luck in June everybody! There are some great goals listed here.
  • Ok I did it for lunch Even though I am so tired and sore from tubing at the Lake this weekend I went home for lunch and jogged for 30 min. I did good this weekend with not eating any carbs at all but I think I ate too much salt. I ate lots of pork rines.
  • June Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--June Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172689. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

Jacqui_D: Strength train 3 days per week; exercise for 30 additional minutes on strength training days; exercise for 60 minutes on 3 other days per week
    Delphi: Complete 2000 minutes--exercise for 1400 minutes; strength train for at least 600 minutes
    Wifey: Walk the dog for 30 min each day for a total of 900 minutes; work out at the gym for 60 min twice per week for a total of 480 minutes; powerwalk for 45 min once per week for a total of 180 minutes; start using Wii Fit
    FullSteamAhead: Complete 1400 minutes
    Ja23: Jog for 30 min 5 times per week; do floor exercises 5 times per week
    Glutio: Walk 5 miles per week for a total of 20 miles; strength train at the gym for 30-45 min 5 days per week
    Gatorgirl6: Attend physical therapy and exercise as able; complete 120 miles
    Lumifan4ever: Exercise for at least 45 total hours, including classes, the treadmill, the elliptical, and strength training
    Jacque9999: Get up to 60 minutes cardio on pilates days; start hiking or some other outside activity; work out at the gym or do outside activity on Sundays; complete a total of 1900 minutes of exercise; take 10,000 steps each day
    Squeeze: Do 45 min of cardio 5 times per week; do toning for 20 min 5 times per week
    Crazymamaof4: Strength train 3 times per week; do cardio at least 3 times per week, including high intensity interval training; use exercise ball
    NewShinyMe: Complete the 30-day EA Active Challenge; add an extra workout on all but one of the remaining days each week; work out for at least 850 minutes
    JasonsLea: Make and keep a gym routine
    SharMar: Do at least 45 minutes of pool activity each day, Monday-Friday
    Fattopia: Average 60 min a day of serious movement
    Tummy_Girl: Complete 1600 min of cardio; complete 500 min of strength training
    Icandoallthings: Before leaving for Alaska trip on June 18, complete at least 40 miles of walking or running; keep up with push-ups, sit-ups, weightlifting, etc.; while on trip, exercise on every day not traveling
    Lookingtobehealthy: Walk 2 kms a day at work; complete 10 min of cycling a day, 5 days a week
    HisSweetGypsyRose: Walk 35 miles
    Dollypie: Do cardio 30 min 5x a week; strength train 2x a week
    Pas_de_Chaton: Walk twice a day; do 30 min of exercise per day
    Blondie32: Jog 30 min nonstop 5 times a week; do 300 crunches 5 times a week; do light back arm workout 2 times a week
    Lewisempire: Complete 64 miles; strength training 2 times a week
    Ms_Perception
    : Exercise 45 min a day 6 days a week
  • Whew. I just got back from physical therapy followed by the gym. My PT is trying to strengthen my calf (which atrophied from being in a cast) so my calves are a little sore. My one calf is so small. I normally think small is good, but not so much with muscles. It looks sick compared to the other one. They are a little more and 2 inches different, which is a lot for a calf. At the gym today I tried to get in some cardio. I did 8 miles on the bike, and then tried the elliptical for the first time since I broke my ankle. I was nervous, but my physical therapist said that I need to master the elliptical and a brisk walk at an incline on a treadmill before we could work on running. Since, I can't wait to get back to running, I figured I'd buck up and give it a shot. I did two miles. I saw the girl next to me, was doing it backwards so I tried that for half a mile. ouch. It is much tougher backwards. I am going to work the elliptical and the incline walk into my routine. Hopefully it will help with rehab.
    Oh, and a piece of advice, don't break your ankle. It sucks. Not being able to exercise stinks. Not being able to walk stinks. The pain of breaking your ankle in 4 places and then having it put back together surgically stinks. Rehab stinks. Still not being fully recovered over 3 months later stinks. Not to mention I tore ligaments when I broke it as well, so now I am also recovering from a severe high ankle sprain too. yay. Overall, its not any fun. I would recommend avoiding it. lol.

June 1~ 10 miles
  • hi ladiesssss, wtg on the workouts today!

Newshinyme, that is exactly how I feel...........yes!!! Thanks for the input. I like to set it high enough for me so that I strive a bit but if I set it too high it stresses and frustrates me to the point of backfiring on me. Wtg on your EA workouts! Your doing great

glutio, good luck with the WI tonight : )

Pas de Chaton, love your little tigress kitty! Is she a youngster? Very cute pic!

Blondie, wtg on that jog!

Delphi, I drank my water while I was working Thanks chickie

Jacqui, Lewisempire, MsP, Lea, crazymamaof4, Jacquee, glutio, dolly and to all of you gals........ a big

Keep up the great work everyone

I did 55 minutes on the wii (aer.) to get to 30 hrs. because I thought my piggybank color would change again. It didn't! After 10 hrs. it becomes bronze and at 20 it becomes silver.......hm...maybe it changes color at 40?

June1 - 55 min.-wii. aer.
    June2 -
    June3 -
    June4 -
    June5 -
    June6 -
    June7 -
    Total:
  • gatorgirl, I feel for you! I broke my ankle twice. Same leg, same bone! I broke it 20 years ago the first time and about 4 yrs. ago the last time. Not a pleasant time for me at all. My mil was in the hospital at the time and let's just say I had to navigate around this house pretty much on my own. I wish you a speedy recovery. Good for you for going to PT, I did not and to this day my darn right leg is weaker. I did some yoga on the wii theother day and could not beleive the difference. How is your foot feeling? Becareful with the workouts ha? don't overdo it. Swimming helps tremendously, I think walking does too. OMG chicky, I had a clean break (a few places) and no surgery. I used to go to the mybrokenleg forum at the time....that is what kept my sanity at the time. Feel better girl, I am glad you joined us. You will regain your strength : ).
  • FSA: Mine hasn't changed in a long long time (it's still silver) I am actually about to jump on it to do some free stepping. I will check how much time I have logged in there.
  • Blondie32, GREAT JOB!! Way to start the month off strong, girl!!
    Pork rinds--you must be following the Atkins diet or something similar. I once tried Atkins, but I could never stomach pork rinds, lol! Good luck on whichever program you're following!

Pas, I have two mastiffs now, because my daughter just took one to college with her. We had three for a brief time. The two I have now are new, although not puppies. We adopted them. I'm glad my daughter took the one because she lives off campus, and I feel better about her having a big dog in the house. Plus, that one was her 16th-birthday present so "technically" it's hers, lol! I also have two cats. I absolutely love both cats and dogs, but I can't survive without cats. Someday, I'm going to be one of those crazy old cat ladies, who lives in the big old house with "all those cats," and a couple of mastiffs, lol! I've owned cats all my life, and my hubby and I have owned English mastiffs, with an occasional German mastiff (great dane) thrown in, for 25 years. Needless to say, we love big dogs, lol!

FSA, good for you upping your goals!! Have you decided how you are going to switch up your menu yet? You've been doing SBD. Are you going to go to something different? I'll have to check out the sister thread to see what you're doing over there!

NSM, good for you upping your minutes too! Everyone is so inspiring!

Ms_P, I've added you to list! It's great that you'll finally be able to post your progress again this month!

Gatorgirl, good advice, lol! I am sorry for your break, but glad that you are going to PT and are able to exercise again!

CMof4, NSM's comment made me laugh about your description of looking like a drunk last month on your treadmill, lol!

Glutio, good luck on your WI!