Video Game Challenge

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Quote: Wii Active Life - 30 Day challenge and other outdoor items (walking, bike). I initially lost 8 lbs on my own then have been gaining/losing the same half pound. Hopefully this will be the difference.

What food plan are you all following?

May Goal - Onederland - I have 3 pounds to go.
    June and July - 10 each.
    August - maintain (busy month)
    September - December to 165
    I'm doing Weight Watchers. I downloaded the Edibles app for my iPhone. I'm a gadget junkie. Figure if I keep my diet and exercise plan on the "games and electronic toys" I'll stick with it
  • I'm totally in!!!!!! Just purchsed EA Sports active today. LOVE IT!!!! Finished 30 minutes!!!

1 May 25: 30 Minutes
    2 May 26: 40 Minutes (And oooohWEEE am I sore!!)
    3 May 28: 24 minutes
    4 May 29: 15 minutes
    5 may 30
    6 may 31 24 minutes
    7 June 1
    8 June 2 30 minutes
  • Everyone loves EA Sports so much that I'm getting tempted to splurge and buy it!
  • May 25th- 30 minutes elliptical machine adn 20 minutes EA Sports Active!

I'm currently not following a diet plan per se but like a previous poster am watching my oveall intake and making better choices. Hoping that helps. My eating is my downfall!
  • Yay! I'm glad you all want to do this!!!
  • Well I broke down and got EA Sports since I seemed to have a little more money than I thought. I started the 30 day challenge on easy today because my calves are a bit sore. I also wanted to take it easy because I AM(!) going to start jogging tomorrow morning before class. As long as I'm not completely wiped tomorrow, I'll do day two on medium.
  • on the purchase Talina! I really want it to! At any rate, you ladies have a great day. I'll update todays "gaming" later in the day!
  • Hey folks! I would love to join this challenge!

I have Wii Fit and My Fitness Coach so far. I will be getting EA Active soon, I hope. I also use My Weight-Loss Coach for the Nintento DS, but that's more about food and walking.

So far I love My Fitness Coach, although I haven't done it much yet. I will get back on track tomorrow. Maya laid out a schedule for me and I get Sundays and Tuesdays off. I was planning on doing Tae Bo on those days, but I'll also fit in some Wii games or Wii Fit.

I have a winter olympic games Wii game and the speed skating is fun and really works your legs and butt. I'll try to find out the name and post it here.
  • Welcome Pas de Chaton!

May 25 ~ Wii Fit [Aerobics & mini games] 40 minutes--Wii Sports [Boxing & Tennis] 30 minutes
    May 26 ~ 60 minutes w/My Fitness Coach
  • Well, had to skip the last two days because of pretty moderate lower back pain due to my TOM, but I'm back on track today.

May 26-
    30 minutes WiiFit (yoga, hula hoops (both), and step (both)
    Day 4 workout on EA SA

I'm crampy and irratable, but seeing the little graph going steadily down did cheer me up a bit.

Now to work out some real aggression and bother the neighbors with some Guitar Hero
  • Yeah, I was so upset when I did my initial test for the Wii Fit and watched my Mii get fat. I'll certainly be glad when it goes down.
  • Quote: Yeah, I was so upset when I did my initial test for the Wii Fit and watched my Mii get fat. I'll certainly be glad when it goes down.
    LOL. I hear ya there. Getting that fat lil Mii down to the "overweight" category is going to be exciting
  • Quote: Yeah, I was so upset when I did my initial test for the Wii Fit and watched my Mii get fat. I'll certainly be glad when it goes down.

That was upsetting for me too. then I had to giggle a little. It is sort of cute. On the Mii but not on the real me! In EA Sports Active I set my avatar to what I'd like to look like (the second notch from the left). I find it more motivating than watching my chubby little self

On a happier note I did my workout gaming today. Day 2 on the EA Sports Active challenge.
  • Quote: That was upsetting for me too. then I had to giggle a little. It is sort of cute. On the Mii but not on the real me! In EA Sports Active I set my avatar to what I'd like to look like (the second notch from the left). I find it more motivating than watching my chubby little self
    I left the heavy one on the Active, looking all pudgy and doublechinned. That's all the motivation I need.
  • I did the schedule for the 30 day challenge which was 23 minutes then an additional customized workout for 10 minutes. Wednesday I am off but will do the elipter instead. For the customized workout I did running and boxing. I loved the running. I always dread starting but once I get going, I really enjoy it. As of this am, a half pound came off - started last Thursday.

I ate ok....did have 4 small homemade turkey (white meat plus turkey sausage) meatballs and some broccoli rabe. I think I eat too much cheese - had three cheese stix today with lunch (salad with some chicken). Breakfast was one egg and a piece of Ezikiel toast (my spelling sux my apologies). Did have an apple. I started the Dr. Ian Smith plan (the turbo one) and it does work wonders but very hard to stick to - just veggies, fruit and brown rice.

I like that it reshuffles your days off. The trophies are cute too!