drinks

• Hello, I am new to SB. Just started this week. I understand most of it so far except drinks. Obviously I know water, but for diet sodas is where I am confused. I currently drink Diet Dr. Pepper. I am not sure if it needs to be diet, caffeine free soda or not? Thanks!
  • Steph! Glad to have you with us! You've read the book, I assume? If not, it's something you definitely need to do before starting.

Dr. A describes the effects of caffeine on dieting in the book and suggests that you have no more than 2 servings of caffeinated drinks (i.e. 16oz total) a day. If you want that to be diet soda, that's fine. But if you have 2 cups of coffee in the morning, you want to stay away from caffeinated soda in the afternoon.
  • I don't know if this would really be a good replacement for that Dr. Pepper taste, but I like drinking my water during the day and "splurging" on some crystal lite in the evenings with dinner. It helps me feel like I still have drink options since I shy away from coffee and soda. Congrats on just starting though, Steph
  • i've taken up coffee in the morning and still drink diet coke. it works for me but do find if i have more than 1 diet coke a day the loss slows down.
  • I hate to hijack your thread but it is about the same topic..

My husband long time ago bought me these South Beach Living On The Go Tide Me Over drink mix things. Of course he just emptied the packets out of the box and tossed the box. Are these okay for Phase 1 does anyone know?
  • Quote: I hate to hijack your thread but it is about the same topic..

My husband long time ago bought me these South Beach Living On The Go Tide Me Over drink mix things. Of course he just emptied the packets out of the box and tossed the box. Are these okay for Phase 1 does anyone know?
    Yes, those are phase I friendly. I really like the Tropical Breeze one.
  • Those things are great, I don't drink a lot of them, but I keep one in my purse for emergencies. They really do "tide you over."
  • Thanks so much, I was hoping they were because my husband got my 5 boxes for 75 cents a piece a while back for some reason the store was getting rid of them.