Binge-free challenge ~ May 11 - 17

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • well, I have made it so far, from Sunday to today. My period came, and I have already lost 2 pounds of waterweight. That is encouraging me. (I know, it makes no sense, but it DOES help)
    Hope to make it to the weekend. I do plan to drink and eat a lot at this reunion, and generally party a lot, but will also dance till I drop.....
    Will have to be careful at the buffet supper on Saturday tho.
  • Eeeek, I still have no time for personals--sorry ladies! But I am glad to see everyone back on this week's thread and doing well conquering the binge monster! Keep it up! And welcome to pinkplatypus, newself09, and FutureSkinnyChick!!

This week is just sooo chock-full of stuff... I hate when I get to this point in the middle of each (academic) quarter where it just feels like there's one thing after another after another and I never seem to get a moment to catch my breath! I had a paper due on Monday that really challenged my binge resistance, and now I have yet another one due next Monday that's putting me through the same kind of stress! I am really worried about this one, too, because I felt like I didn't understand a lot of the reading that this paper is supposed to cover... And this whole thing with feeling totally overwhelmed and almost helpless is reeeeally not good for my binging tendencies. So far I am holding strong, though--right now is the beginning of day 25 for me, and I am NOT going to mess that up for something as stupid as school stress! No siree.
  • Working on Day 14 today. That's 2 weeks. Now I have to make it to 3 weeks. One day at a time, right?

Had a truly horrible headache last night and didn't get a good night's rest. Still had to get up at 5:30 though. It has been sooooo hot here lately. Temps have been over 100 for a week and we're in for another week of 100+ highs. Thank god for central A/C!

Hey to all the new people. I'm running late today on top of being tired so no time to write more. I promise to write a longer post w/ personals tomorrow. Hope everybody has a binge-free day!
  • Day #3 binge-free. I'm feeling good even though the scale is up. Poo. I WILL GET UNDER 200. I WILL DO IT. Lalalala. Haha. I hope everyone else is having a good binge-free day!
  • This is just getting ridiculous--I think I'm going to have to give up on the idea of writing personals at all this week, heh... I am sooo busy with all this stupid schoolwork that I can barely force myself to log on to 3FC at all. But I am *very* pleased to report that so far day 26 has been going extremely well! I can't believe that in just a couple days, I'll have been binge-free for 4 weeks... Whoa.

It's so weird to adjust to living my life without binging--I feel like now, when I'm confronted with something HUGELY stressful (such as this d*mn paper...) I start to freeze up because I no longer know what to do to deal with it! It's like, I *know* I'm not going to binge - I really feel myself pulling away from turning to binging as a way of dealing with the stress - but I haven't really found anything to replace that habit, so I'm just left with all of this stress staring me in the face and me having no clue how to approach it. Very weird indeed.
  • day 17

quick hello from france. we got here last night and fly to england today. survived the crazy airplane food and all nighters. haven't had to resort to just fries yet. on the plane i did take the cheese off the breakfast sandwich and put it on one of my rice cakes and ate that with a banana for an underwhelming breakfast that had to be followed by some fresh papaya and passionfruit in the airport. last night we went to an AMAZING moroccan restaurant and i had chicken with prunes, almonds, and stewed veggies. i didn't have even one bite of cous cous even though there was a huge vat of it on the table. it was a pretty big deal to just order one dish, no appetizers, no extras, and to avoid the sweet hot mint tea!

the friends we are staying with tonight have a vegan cafe in bristol and they have the best treats EVER. oh well. i feel like i am getting sane again and not willing to throw that away!
  • day 18. in england feeling great!
  • EsperanzaBella82, I just want you to know I put the ice cream back in the fridge after reading about your self restraint! It's so inspiring reading people's achievements.
  • Well, today was it, ladies... DAY 28!! Which means that I have actually made it for 4 whole weeks without binging. This is just a proud moment for me--I really can't believe it! Especially in light of all the stress I've been under; I know I b*tch and moan about it constantly, heh, but it really does make it tough to resist binging when I always feel like I'm under all this pressure from schoolwork.

One thing that I am *especially* proud of is that I went out last night and had a few drinks for the first time in quite a while, and I didn't binge! Normally a drunk Meredith = ridiculously impaired judgment (with food, at least, heh!), and I pretty much almost always binge after a night of partying--but not last night! And I had so much fun... Man, I love feeling like I'm almost-maybe-kinda-sorta normal for once!
  • Way to go Star2be!!.........You are normal(2 us bingers anyway)LOL.
  • ^ Thank you!!

Day 29 now and feeling pretty good... I finished my paper for tomorrow and I am thinking about rewarding myself with a yummy vegan cookie later. I know, using food as rewards isn't always the best idea, heh... But I've been telling myself all weekend that I could have a treat on Sunday night if I had managed to finish my paper by a decent time, and it did kind of help to be able to look forward to that, hehe!

See you ladies on next week's thread!
  • Day 19!!! The last two days have been hard because I am at a festival and it is all buffet style meals in artist catering...and almost all the main courses have had breading of some sort. I have managed to get enough protein though with lentil soup and an amazing vegan nut loaf along with steamed and grilled veggies and big bowls of fresh fruit salad. I have given myself a 3 pieces of cheese a day limit because that is something I can go to town with if i don't restrict it. Better start limiting it before I get to France!!! I had a decaf coffee with milk after dinner and it felt like such a treat. I love when my body starts detoxing from sugar and the natural sweetness in everything starts to come out more. I almost absentmindedly ate between meals today. Without realizing I was doing it, I peeled a clementine and stuffed 1/2 of it in my mouth. When I realized what was happening I spit it out and brushed my teeth and had a big glass of water. Part of me was thinking "It's just a clementine" but I know in my heart that I can't start justifying mindless snacking between meals whatever the food is. I had an AWESOME show tonight and feel really good. Off to London tomorrow. Excited for some good curry. Congrats on keeping OP everyone!!!
  • I made it!!

Congratulations to everyone who stayed OP!!