Help with Taking My Own Measurements :)

• Looking for some advice and/or assistance... what's the best way to take my measurements? I want to do this myself. What type of tape should I use, where should I meaure, what about tension, and any other tips.

I also have some clothes that I plan on trying on once in awhile, but last time I lost a lot of weight, seeing the inches difference was awesome since the scale was not really a great motivator because I put on a lot of muscle and I weigh myself at different times of the day. My trainer did it then, but I don't have one now and need one again yet.

Thanks for anything you can provide
  • My tape is from the dollar store I think there were three in a package.

There's got to be a site that explains how and where to place the tape and track those measurements for you. Let's see what the others have to say.

ETA ... fitday (a free calorie counting program that lots of us use) has it.
  • My tape is from Joanns and it was .99. Use the kind that is made from fabric--not the big Home Depot variety--LOL.

I measure over the largest part of my bust. I measure my "natural" waist--which is the narrowest part of your stomach and then the fullest part of my hip. I also measure thigh and calf circumference at the widest point. I hope this helps.

ETA: Try to make a habit of weighing at the same time every time. I weigh in the morning fully undressed and after I go to the restroom. Also, if you have a pair of slacks that fit you snugly before you started, hang on to them. It feels great to dance around in them when you are having a "down" day.
  • I bought one of these: http://www.amazon.com/AccuFitness-MT...1968724&sr=8-1

It makes it really easy to take the measurements by myself, and it keeps the tension the same each time. Nice little gadget!
  • I just ordered one of those last night.
  • The myotape body measure is what the nurse used to measure me the other day. I really liked it and am glad there is a place to order it! Thanks for the info.
  • Got it. Love it.