Introduction: Maggiesgirl

• Hey!
    I haven't been on here for awhile, but joined recently. I just purchased the South Beach book yesterday! Am old coworker of mine was doing it, and her starting weight was about 25 lbs less than mine, but after a few months of not seeing her, she looks incredible! She's lost 50 lbs in a matter of months...
    My starting weight, as of right now is 204... I'm 5'9" and have been working out with a trainer once a week for the past 4 months, plus on my own a few times a week. Haven't lost more than 3 lbs because I haven't changed my diet. I spent today reading, and really like the science behind this diet.
    Ideally, I'd like to get back down to around 130-140 lbs.... but I have a mini goal of weighing 160 within the next few months!
  • Maggiesgirl! Glad to have you with us! Mini goals are really helpful.
  • WELCOME TO SOUTH BEACH!! Stick to it and you will get results!!!! GOOD LUCK!
  • to the Beach!!!
  • Welcome & good luck!
  • WELCOME, Maggiesgirl!
  • Thanks! I just survived my second day on it .... about to have some cabbage and lean steak for dinner... so far so good!
  • I am new also...
    Sounds like you have been doing good with your exercise..
    I agree with you that the diet makes good sense..

I read the older book but I need to get the new one this weekend.

I bet you are going to do great because you probably already have a lot of muscle that will burn more calories!!
  • Welcome, Maggiesgirl. I am back on plan. I had a good day today. I'm going to plan my tomorrow before I go to bed. I have a graduation lunch I am going to. I had such a good day, I am really motivated to chalk one more up.
    Debbie