Positive Uplifting Notification: One Positive Thing About Me Today Is.....part Two

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • My positive is that I made it thru Pilates after being very tired. Hope everyone else has been having a great day.
  • my positive is I stayed on plan all day! and I went to the gym for aqua aerobics class! and I am exhausted. so so proud of my self for being back on track!
  • My positive for yesterday was that I had a snack last night instead of leaving my calories to low for the day. Im so bad about not snacking after dinner. I think low calories have been part of my problem with my slow and stalled weight loss.
  • hello all

my positive for today is that i was OP yesterday..so thats nice. im very exhausted (from what???)..so i cant write much but i hope you all have super fabulous day!! congrats to those who are releasing those lbs!
  • hola amigas!My positive is I have now been back on Plan for 2 days straight and back in the gym for two days in a row! woot woot!
  • My positive today is not only did I stay OP (like I wanted to because of yesterday...see previous post), but I also made Chicken Marsala for my son and didn't take one bite!!! I made a boring chicken breast for myself that was actually pretty good....and now I am stuffed!!!
  • Hey Ladies! I hope everyone is enjoying this day. The weather finally improved today and we had some sunshine seep through. I have missed all of you and am enjoying reading the threads.

Devsmama--I love that term, "Pilates." It sounds so rejuvenating and chic. Is it like Yoga? I hear about classes and things but honestly know nothing about it.

My positive today is that I am under my calorie allotment despite binging earlier today on sugary cereal. My hubby is out of town this week (I am alone A LOT) and I have made the decision to not once, not EVEN once raise my voice to my kids this week. I have decided I will have a WONDERFUL week and let be what will be. I am in the mood to be gentle with myself, take care of my envioronment and just situate myself in tranquility. What a beautiful choice. LOL. So far, so good and no wine in sight to do the job for me!

Love to all.
  • Quote: Devsmama--I love that term, "Pilates." It sounds so rejuvenating and chic. Is it like Yoga? I hear about classes and things but honestly know nothing about it.
    Pilates is more of a core workout...see link below:

http://www.pilates.com/BBAPP/V/about...s-pilates.html

There is mat pilates and pilates where you use machines. It's a great workout!!!
  • oh, okay thanks..

Devs mama--which have you been using?
  • Quote: CJ- I just love your Octopus Story. I was wondering, if I were to put several of those cups on my head, would the increased blood circulation make me smarter? LOL
    Learning -- yes, it definitely would make you smarter. Soon you would be emperor of the world. I could be your personal octopus-fighter.

Shia
    -- You are really rocking with your exercise and weight loss. I also run across some of your posts on other threads, and I always like the way you think.

Dgramie
    -- 95 pounds. Ninety. Five. Pounds. Wow. I am officially jealous and happy for you. Any special tips you'd like to share?

Ratkity -- I’m so glad my Octopus story made you laugh.

Donna -- those 5-mile walks are amazing. For me to walk a mile is hard, my back starts to hurt because of my car accident. But I do think it’s getting better.with the weight training. BTW, your son sounds like a sweetheart.

Bite, Jacque, Maria -- You're working your plans, staying on track. Good for you girls.

Thighs
    -- I saw your fabulous "after" pictures, they are amazing. You are so beautiful. I think I commented on the thread where you posted them, and I see they are getting a huge response, and well deserved.

Also, I like your idea about making a decision not to raise your voice to your children this week. I think we can make decisions like this in many areas of our lives and I commend you. It doesn't have to be forever ... but it's a way to learn a good habit. I'm trying to do this with food also.

Ags -- glad you’re able to pop in every once in a while. Miss you. Hope work is going well and you’re healing up.

So -- here is my positive for the day. Some time ago I bought two packages of undies at K-mart (the only department store we have here if you can believe that!). They were different brands, but the same size. Well, one pack fit me and the other pack was ... too small.

I kept both packs, and now -- guess what! The “too small” undies fit me now! I know the weight is not melting off me like it does with some younger people, but I am sticking to my plan in both eating and exercise. And it is tiny victories like this that make me feel it is worthwhile.
  • Thighs, I actually do what they call PiYo, which is Pilates and Yoga both on a yoga mat. My instructor calls it Pilates, but its more a combination of both. It's really good, very relaxing and all I think about is the next pose. I should try not to yell at my kid, but he's 14!! I'm just trying not to commit a homicide at this point! I'm a single mom, so I sort of get where your coming from. You sound like you're doing a great job, though! And CJ is right, you look good!! Gorgeous!

CJ Thanks! I try to be very straightfoward and honest. YAY on the smaller undies!! Thats great!

Maria You're my hero! Good for you for getting back on plan!
  • 4lbs away from 299 feeling great.
  • CJZee and Devs Mama, thank you both so much for your kind words. I very much appreciate them.

Devsmama, I think the pilates/yoga thing sounds enticing. The yoga looks so peaceful when I see the ladies on TV doing it. I must say though, the poses look really intimidating to me. I have not ever been one for coordination and balance.

My daughter's teacher mentioned to me that she does yoga in a heated environment. It is already pretty dog gone HOT here so I cannot imagine--but maybe it would be good for my skin. I think it is really supposed to get into the muscles or whatever.

Tonight I took my kids to eat @ Sonic for 1/2 price night. I ate one (yep, just one) onion ring but Sonic isn't a temptation to me--now BK or Arby's is another story. Anyway, my kids loved it since it's a pretty rare treat for them. We sat out at the tables. Afterwards we went for a drive over by the lake. By the time we got in they were exhausted. They brushed their teeth and climbed into my bed.

My positive tonight is that I just finished the 30 DS. I didn't get to run today because hubby is gone and I had my younger daughter all day.

Good night, ya'll.

SEEGORE--awesome you are about to move centuries! Way to work it! You have found a great place to share your victory and find even more support. I'm a bit addicted myself.
  • Seegore Great job on getting close to your goal.

Thighs I think that's either called Hatha or Vinyasa Yoga, I'm not sure which. They take the room up past 100 degrees and you do yoga. As for the poses, well, that's why I like Pilates because it really builds your core and makes it strong and you can do the poses easier and last longer in them. Don't be intimidated, try it, you will probably really like it. Good for you for only eating 1 onion ring!! I don't know that I could have resisted.

My positive for today is that after much ridiculous debate..lol...my house is clean, my grass is cut and my son is still alive. He thinks chores are ridiculous, I don't and that's that..lol...

Mainah, Ags, bite, learning, where are you guys? I miss you!!
  • cjzee- thanks..I have been doing this for 16 months. My weight loss isnt fast now, but slow and steady with some stalls from time to time. I am still very happy with it! Even if it takes me a year to lose the rest I will be HAPPY!! I know Im in this for life so time doesnt really matter now...but I will sure be happy to be at the 100lb mark :O) and even happier to be below 200lbs. My advice would be to string together as many OP days as possible and keep doing it!!
    My positive for yesterday was 100 min spend in the garden. Using a hoe and rake is great exercise!! IT looks great but will need to be done again in just a few days. We expanded our garden this year and the new area is a true struggle to keep the grass out!