ok I'm back... I need support....

• Why is that what tastes good is always 'bad' for you?
    Breakfast is the hardest to change. Vegetables in the morning just doesnt cut it. But what can you eat that isnt a zilions calories or pure sugar. Eggs, eggs, and more eggs..........
    Sure the diet shakes are ok but my mouth wants to chew.
    ok enough of my first post whining...........

Hope you're having a super day!!
  • What tastes good isn't always bad for you Lyas I have found plenty of recipes that taste amazing (even for breakfast) that are really good for me too. The key is getting creative, looking for new and exciting recipes, and making healthy variations on old favorites

Good luck!
  • Here are some breakfast ideas for you...

1/2 c. oatmeal or multigrain hot cereal
    1 T dry-roasted sunflower seeds
    blueberries or strawberries, 1/2 c.
    non-fat milk
    Mix and enjoy!

1 piece whole grain toast
    fruit spread, 1 T
    peanut butter, 1 tsp.
    sliced bananas
    toast, p'nut butter, fruit spread, with bananas on top...yum!

nonfat yogurt
    1 tsp. honey
    5 walnuts or 1 T. dry-roasted sunflower seeds
    berries, peaches, or any fruit
    Mix and enjoy!

Lite English muffin
    fruit spread
    nonfat cottage cheese
    Pile on and enjoy
  • I often have a sandwich for breakfast. Any food can be eaten at any time. You don't ever have to eat an egg again if you don't want. My youngest son often has last nights leftovers for breakfast. He had turkey loaf and a piece of cheese & oj for breakfast. Now that there are no rules at what you must eat for breakfast, you have one less obstacle in your way.
  • I'm with Peep I like the pnut butter toast. I always have the same so I don't have to think about it - and for me (and I used to be a sausage girl) it's yummy: a sprouted grain toast (very chewy), a half a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a banana sliced on top. Also have two cups of coffee with skim milk. I don't get the shakes later and it satisfies both the sweet tooth and the need to chew. That's about 350 calories - if I'm hungry I have a whole TBS pnut butter and another slice of toast. That takes me up to 450. I'm on a 1280 calorie diet so if I have the bigger portion over a third but I usually make lunch or dinner a protein shake and my snacks are usually apples, oranges and carrots. Hope that helps!
  • In the morning I like the Quaker multi-grain hot cereal, and I often mix in a half scoop of vanilla whey protein powder. That increases the protein content and holds me longer than the cereal (carbs) alone. If you just mix with water (no milk), that's a good size breakfast and a nice amount of protein for around 200 calories.

Or I take the multigrain cereal and stir in unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds, cinnamon, and a quarter cup of dried unsweetened cranberries. That's yummy and crunchy for about 250 calories.
  • Eggos have new multigrain waffles I just tried recently they are delicious. Two waffles and Mrs Buttersworth reduced sugar syrup (1 serving) is less than 200 calories for breakfast and VERY YUMMY

I also do things like 2 eggs (over easy) wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla and sprinkled with some cheese for like less than 400 calories- very good.

Sometimes I'll eat my eggs on a slice of whole grain toast and 1 slice of cheese.
  • I have oatmeal, 10-grain hot cereal, or oat bran hot cereal every morning (made with water, not milk) mixed with a heaping teaspoon of chopped (unsalted, dry roasted) nuts, a sprinkling of raisins, and a squirt of honey. Cinnamon optional.

I've never been a breakfast eater, but I find that I really enjoy this and it's less then 300 calories. I'm a veggie lover, but even for me, the idea of veggies in the morning doesn't really do me...
  • well this gives me some super ideas to try.
    Thanks so much everyone.. I was avoiding bread but I guess most of you feel wheat bread isnt so bad *S*
  • I love scrambled eggs with salsa and low-fat sour cream.
    Oatmeal (made with water or skim milk) with a pinch of brown sugar and nuts.
    Whole wheat toast with almond butter.

I always have fruit with breakfast, too.
  • I am not a big breakfast eater. For years, all I had was a piece of whole-grain toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter and a cup of tea. Sometimes I still have that, but now I switch it up with a bowl of multi-grain Cheerios with a banana sliced on top (and 1/2 cup of milk). Mmmmm.
  • One of my favorites is 2 slices of Turkey Bacon,a poached egg on a peice of 8-grain toast with a big cup of herb tea or better yet Yerba Mate tea.I notice when I drink the Yerba Mate it makes me feel full and energetic naturally.Although it can taste very strong if you don't mix it right.Experiment with it.I use the Gyayaki brand.I make it with soy milk and honey.Its my doctor feel good in the mornings sometimes.I like green and white teas also,they are also real high in antioxidants.

lyas: As for breads.Whole grains are best as they are complex carbs and do not turn to sugar so easily like refined carbs(white carbs,and sugars)do in your body if combined with lean proteins.Also the same with raw high fiber fruits/veges and proteins.I learned about this when I lost 18 pounds on the Glycemic Impact Weight loss plan one time.Now I'm back to doing this again.Not to mention it makes you feel fuller.White anything is out for me.Im a whole grain and fiber gal now.
  • Quote: well this gives me some super ideas to try.
    Thanks so much everyone.. I was avoiding bread but I guess most of you feel wheat bread isnt so bad *S*
    Bread isn't bad for you. Refined bread is bad for you. Make sure your bread is whole grain. The first thing on the list of ingredients should say whole grain. Wheat bread is different from whole grain wheat bread. Likewise, multi-grain bread is not the same as whole grain bread. Whole grain bread is very good for you! Like with all good foods, just don't overindulge.

And I'm with Nspired about white anything! White equals refined. I eat whole grain spaghetti, whole grain macaroni, brown rice (which is whole grain), etc.
  • I LOVE breakfast food and could eat it all day, so here are some suggestions:

*Egg Beaters Southwestern Style (1 serving/ 1/4 cup = 40 calories. I usually have 2-3 servings = 80-120 cal) The cheese/chives and garden vegetable ones are good also. I like to make myself a breakfast burrito with this and veggies (20 cal) wrapped in a low carb whole wheat tortilla (80 cal). 220 calories at most.

*Protein pancakes. Take egg whites (30 cal per serving, I usually use 2 servings), oatmeal (100 calories a packet), and cinnamon, mix it up, and put it on the pan with some non-stick cooking spray at the bottom. Then, top with sugar free syrup (35 cal) and maybe some fruit (40 cal) and enjoy! 235 cal.

*Bear Naked Fit Granola (120 cal) + fat free vanilla yogurt (100 cal) + berries (20-30 cal) = healthy parfait at 250 calories.

*Healthy French toast. Take 2 servings egg whites (60 cal) and 2 pieces of light whole wheat bread (80 cal). Lightly spray "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray on each side of the bread. Top with SF syrup, fruit, whatever you like, and enjoy. (150 cal before toppings, around 225 cal after)