Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 #79

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Siggi, I have forgotten where you live, if I ever knew. And what kind of work do you do? My suggestions about that hunger before bed is to keep some lower fat item just for you. Like have a package of Orville Reddenbacher's 94% fat-free popcorn or some other thing. If you plan this, then you won't let yourself make a sloppy choice. Just a suggestion.

Slavika I know what you mean. When I am posting, the thread just dries up, but when I am not, boy do we talk. And I know I use cyber deodorant. Having fun with the munchkins?
    Glenda
  • Wow that party must be going on again!

Siggi: I would do what Glenda said. Keep some low point foods handy for when you get home.

Slavika: Must be nice not having to WI when you dont want to. I bought my Christmas Cards in Hawaii. Couldnt resist!

Cold and foggy here. Hate this time of year!
    I want spring back!
  • Hi everyone!
    I have just blown away the letter I had just completed! *#$*$#*!!! I can't beleive that I did that! I was just reaching over and by accident pressed the escape key. Everything is gone...and I am not starting over. I had a note for each of you so at least know that I am thinking of you all.

I will tell you that I was at the Dr with my daughter yesterday. He suggested that she get some counseling and I wear a panic button for my saftey. He also wants us to draw out a contract of what I can do and for me to stick by it. I told him that my hubby and kids were very protective of me and if he could tell my daughter what I was capable of. Boy was that a mistake! I stuck my foot in my mouth that time! He wants me to do even less than what my family thinks that I should do! Like only do the stairs 2 times a day. I can walk from room to room alone. haha. I am not suppose to go outside and walk alone not even to the corner store! No lifting no cleanning house, yipee! Geez I don't like all these conditions! I don't follow rules to well! I might have to start sneaking around in the back lanes so that I can go out. I can't beleive this. Now my hubby thinks that I am not telling him the whole story about what is happening. He is even more worried than before. Yikes! And life goes on...

I hope you all have a good day. Take a walk for me. Hey would that count if I say that I am walking with a cyber friend?

I am still open to offers for a new body in exchange for mine! Any takers. I did lose another pound this week. I am just about 10 lb under goal. Did I convince anyone yet?

Dee
  • Hello everyone!
    Chilly here! Brrr. But sunny... nice
    I'm still drinking the water... not as much as I should, but more than I did! LOL
    Also I'm wanting to get back to walking.
    Slavika:
    Thanks for asking... I work from home, as much as I can. Due to health problems I cannot keep a full schedule as a lot of people. But I do arts and crafts shows... about 10 or 12 a year. Photography, paintings, etc.
    Soo good to see everyone! ~~gAnne
  • Glenda I live on the Canadian Prairies. Hot summers and freezing
    winters
    I work as a nurse in an intensive care nursery. I usually work the 3:30PM to 11:30PM shift. I love my work but I'm not too nuts about the shift work. Unfortunatly I'm not a morning person so lots of 7:30AM to 3:30PM shifts aren't good for me either Only one more shift to go for this week and that's today.

Dee I'm glad you took your daughter to the Dr with you. Don't be mad that the Dr. laid out the rules for you. He only has your best interests at heart. It's better to be safe that sorry until you've had your angiogram and they have a better idea of what's going on.

Slavika I hope you're having fun with the Grandkids. Spoil them rotten then make sure you get some rest this weekend

Siggi
  • Hello Everybody~~I looked in last night before going to bed and I couldn't believe no one posted either. There are so many gals MIA, where is Josie, Donna, Silvergal, Karen, Sue, Pam and Geri?? Hope I didn't leave anyone out. We miss you. Come back.
    Slavika..how are you holding up? Are the grandkids wearing you out, you're not as young as you used to be . They sure are involved in a lot of activities.
    Siggi..Make yourself something delicious before you go to work, and put your name on it so no one gets to it first. I can't eat and then go to bed either, I'll feel awful. You must see a lot of heart breaking things in the intensive care nursery.
    Lily..Were these traditional Christmas cards, or a Hawaiian motif? I don't have mine yet...I'd better get busy. I don't even have any ideas for gifts yet. :confused:
    Dee..You make out that contract, wear the panic button and stick to the rules. You had better BEHAVE YOURSELF!
    gAnne..Good to hear you are still drinking the water, and you will feel great when you start walking. One day at a time! You do a lot of craft shows, and you have a lot of interests. That's nice, it keeps you busy.

The Rainmaker is on TV tonight. I have the book but can't get past the first 20 pages, so I will watch it, maybe then I will be able to get into the book. See you all tomorrow...goodnight
  • Hi Everybody: My Munchkins have been asleep for the last hour so that is good. At bath time this evening I gave them a whole bunch of "hotel shampoos", bits of body gel, bubbles and containers to mix all the stuff in. Oh, and food coloring. They were very busy for an hour in the tub making a "magic portion". I told them to be be very careful not to get any of it in the bath water because they would probably turn into "toads". The "Princess" said, "Baba, I got just a little in the water, will I turn into just a little bit of toad?"
    They decided to save the "potion" until tomorrow night's bath because my GS is certain it will be much stronger.
    DEE you do as the your doctor says and take very good care of yourself. I'll talk to you tomorrow morning.
    DH and I are really enjoying have the children here but it sure would be exhausting raising a young family at our age. My grand-daughter has "Show & Tell tomorrow morning so her and I decorated a "tambourine" that I have and I showed her how to tap on it and hit it against her little hips and she will take that.
    Trudy I hope you enjoy the Rainmaker.
    Night all.
  • Hello Ladies! May I join you. I have been doing weight watchers since April and I have lost 30 pounds. I would like to share with you. I think I will need all the support I can get through the holidays!

Phyllis
  • HI PHYLLIS of course you can join us and welcome. 30# lbs gone forever, good for you.
    I think WW123 program is a great one, and something we can do all our lives. I wish I didn't have to watch what I ate but almost everybody I know is in the same boat as I am. They either have to watch what they eat to lose weight or for medical reasons or a combination of both.
    When my young grandchildren come here they weigh themselves and are so excited if they have "GAINED" weight.
    My WW weigh in day is Tuesday afternoons. When is yours? "See" you later Phyllis, and once again Welcome. Slavika.
  • Welcome Phyllis We're always happy to greet a new friend. This is a great group of girls. You will get lots of support and help from the everyone here.
    I too lost 30 lbs and struggle every day to keep it off. The great thing I find about WW is that there isn't anything you can't eat you just have to count it!
    Tell us a little about yourself. Where are you from and what are your interests?
    I look forward to hearing from you

Siggi
  • Thanks Siggi and Slavika! I'm still in the losing phase. I have about 50 more to lose. I usually weigh in on Wednesday mornings. I'm not going to meeting right now but that's the day I was going so I'm weighing in that day at home. I'm planning on going back to meetings as soon as the new program comes out so I can have the new materials. It probably won't change how I eat very much. I never counted all the fiber anyway-no zero point breads, etc for me. And I can't remember a day when I ate a whole cup of carrots or onions so.... I just want the new materials.

I am making this a life style change. The only thing I have really given up is fast foods but I'll eat them once in a while. It has actually been fun to start cooking more.

I have 2 grown children and 2 grandchildren. My son is 34 and my daughter is 24. My grandkids are 15 and 9, both belong to my son.

I live alone and I like it, so peaceful!

I work in a university medical center as a systems analyst. I took this job about 2 and a half years ago to get out of management. I was tired of the rat race and some health problems became easier to deal with by doing this.

So thanks for having me!
  • Afternoon all,

Well no school today, so I have been at the sewing machine all morning making Christmas cards, both to send and for the next craft show.Hope to have all of them finish today so that by tomorrow I can get on the other gifts that I need to make.
    It's cold and raining here today , the kind of day to just stay inside, only I need to go to the store before I can cook.

PHYLLIS WELCOME,You will love these gals , they are great.

DEEI'm with Trudy you behave youself and do as the doc. tells you.

My son called last night to tell me that Ry( GS) is now walking, they are suppose to be sending me a video tape of him for Christmas, so if you all hear me yelling it means that they did not get it done.

Guess I had best get off of now and go on to the store, you all have a good afternoon,
    and will talk to you later.

[This message has been edited by schoolgirl (edited 11-17-2000).]
  • Dee: Just do what your Dr. Says. I know the conditions are no fun but ya gotta do what you gatta do to get better!

GAnne: Good to see you hanging in there! You will feel great when you start the walking!

Trudy: Rainmaker sounds familiar to me. Probably saw it and forgot about it. Was it good?

Phyllis: Hello! Welcome to the group! You will find lots of support here! 30# is a great loss so far. Sounds like you are doing great!

Slavika: Hope your grandkids dont turn into Toads! Oh No! They sound so cute! Bet you love having them!
  • We went to the Advance Polls today, made my choice for the new Government. I hope our election goes a lot smoother than the US election. Am I right in thinking that you should know by tomorrow, who the President is?
    Hi to Phyllis..Welcome to the board. Lost 30 lbs already...WTG . Stick with WW123 and the remaining 50 will be history.
    Schoolgirl..I sure would love to see your crafts. You do so many different things. I hope you get the video of your GS.
    Lily.. The Rainmaker was really good. I will try to read the book again.
    Slavika..I guess you will be doing a lot of resting over the weekend once the Munchkins leave. Are you totally exhausted? LOL
    Dee..Keeping you in my prayers. How are you doing?

I worked out this morning and then ran so many errands after. Came home to messy house, I think I need a maid. I have no energy left to do a cleaning *sigh*. Maybe tomorrow....

The happiness of every country depends upon the character of its people, rather than the form of its government.
  • Hi everyone - may I join you? As you can see from my screen-name, I am definitely in the right age range! I'm a life-time member who gained back all of the weight (for the 3rd time!!! ) and need to lose a total of 60 lbs -- so far, I've lost 20 - only 40 to go! I'm a slooooow loser, tho - it's taken over 6 months to get to this point! BUT, I WILL DO IT!