Jenny Craig Chat

You're on Page 4 of 35
Go to
  • Daisynyc -- I have only rejoined JC 2 weeks ago and the counselor I have is very nice but I feel like I could teach her a few things about Jenny and dieting in general. I'm trying to be open minded and I'll give it another week but I do think it's hard to find someone you click with. I guess we just have to keep changing until we find the right person.
  • I've been on JC direct for a week, but I'm not happy with the amount of sugars, fructose, high fructose corn syrup and preservatives in their food... as well as the number of "bad" carbs. I'm concerned, as someone whose body seems to respond to high protein/low glycemic index diets, that this will not work for me.
  • I joined Jenny today, and the cost is really hurting. I spent $160 (Aus) on food and joining ($25 for 3 months, which is good) and then had to go and spend another $40 on the perishables! Its really going to hurt until I lose this weight. Thankfully my parents are helping ($60 a week) but $100 on food is a LOT more than I've ever spent.

I'm really exicted about it though, as I know having my meals planned for me will make it easier for me to stick to it and lose weight.

I'm not liking the 3 years needed to lose it all though. Screw that!
  • On Jenny for 5 months now
    hi everyone..I have been on Jenny for 5 months..lost 40 lbs.. want to lose 2o more..lets chat..BajaChick
  • I have had to lose the same 5 pounds several times to really make it stick but I think I have made a breakthrough and won't be turning back again

I bought Jenny Craig's Touchstone DVD/CD package -- it was on sale I thought I would give it a chance. I am really liking it -- it gives me new ideas on how to talk to myself in a positive way in order to overcome those instances where I want to over eat. I have used some of the techniques and they have worked for me

I continue to walk anywhere from 9 - 12 miles a week, ride the exercise bike 15 - 35 minutes a day and use handweights a few times a week. The exercise does make a big difference on not only what I see on the scale but what I feel inside which IMO is more important.

One disappointment is the way my clothes are fitting. Yes, they are looser than they were when I started but not by much. I have a mini-goal to be down at least 10 lbs. by October 12th -- 7 weeks -- which as longs as I keep FOCUSED should not be a problem. What I really want in the next several weeks is to be in a size smaller than what I am in now which I think is doable.

It has been a slow and bumpy road but I am still on it and hopefully with time it will become easier. I AM keeping on the path until I reach my goal no matter how long the walk.
  • I've been on JC for few months ........but haven't taken it very serious. I restarted on today and have a new activity regi. I do jazzercise 3 to 4 day a week and love it. It's better than traditional aerobics in my opinion. Wish me luck!
  • i just started jc any advice?
  • I just joined JC last week. I weigh in tomorrow. I was not really happy about the cost, although I did get 14 weeks for $20. The cost of the food was about $135 for the first week. I'm on a really tight budget, so I'm going to have to see how I can shave that down. Some of the food is quite good, some of it I will not get again. I hope there are others out there that want to chat.
  • I'm thinking of joining next week, I have a wedding this weekend in DC.

I've done WW for a long time and I have lost weight, but I realized I'm just not doing it anymore. Time to try something new!
    We'll see how this goes. Any tips?
  • Well, I just came home from the wedding and I called and made an appointment for tomorrow! I've been thinking about this for a while, it's time to try again... wish me luck!
  • I've been on about 3 weeks now and went down 8.4 pounds. I'm pretty happy with that. I'm very busy and the diet is pretty mindless. So far so good. You don't actually have to order all of their meals, as you can save money by doing your own breakfast, now getting the vitamin bars, cutting out some of the dressing, syrups, etc. They have a promotion that if you order $65 worth of food for 12 weeks, they'll give you a free week. I guess that's pretty good.
  • I'm on day 3, I think it's going pretty well. I haven't been hungry.

Are there others on JC now?
  • Well, I just had my 1st weigh-in, I started Wednesday, so basically 4+ a little days. I'm down 8.6#s, I know some of it is water, but I'm still very happy!
  • I signed up for Jenny Direct and am expecting my shipment in a few days. I'm excited but still in a bit of sticker shock.
  • Good Luck!

I'm on my 3rd week, down 10.8#s! It's exactly what I needed in terms of planning what I was going to eat and makes it much easier for me.