OMG, I am ACTUALLY doing this!

• I thought this time, it would be special. Once and for all, I had banished using self-loathing as a motivator. Finally, I had gotten over the "all or nothing" mentality that had led to my failure so many times before. I had actually developed a workout routine that I enjoyed and loved to do every day. I started making new, healthy foods that were exciting and delicious.

But, until now, I still don't think I had come to terms with the fact that I am actually SUCCEEDING at this.

For the first time ever, as I stepped onto the scale this morning... my goal felt within reach. It no longer felt like some unattainable pipe dream that I could only hope to achieve. For years, my goal has felt like that... it's an odd but thrilling feeling to actually have it seem so close, so tangible.

Mind you, I am only half way to goal... but I can't remember the last time I was 145. It's been years... and it was during a time when I was still in high school. And while I do have another 20 lbs to go... I can't remember the last time I felt so good about myself. I don't want this feeling to stop. I want to keep going. I want to see what I am capable of... to see what my body's full potential is. I can't wait to find out!!

Any one else have their "OMG I can actually do this" moment?
  • That is awesome littlemoonrabbit. I know what you mean. I have always started losing weigh knowing I wanted to lose 50 pounds or so but whenever i have gotten to the 180ish mark (but NEVER below, never made it that far) (when I am generally burned out and tired of dieting) i felt happy with myself and gradually slacked off. I would stay that weight for a while and then slowly gain it all back. Well last week when I WI at 181.4 I realized I was only 16 pounds from goal (now 13) and all of a sudden saw that is do-able and that it was within my reach not just some far off dream. It was like AHA wow I am doing it....OMG!
  • LMR, you are doing beautifully. You are feeling beautiful, capable, confident, healthy and balanced. That's what it's all about. I am not sure if I had an "aha" moment. Every now and again I will catch a glimpse of myself in a full mirror and think--"wow, I'm looking pretty good"..I don't have a mirror that goes below my waist at home...

I enjoy reading about your journey and look forward to us both going further with this thing.
  • I had that moment this morning too! For the past few months I would say "okay I'm going to lose this weight!" and I would lose a couple of pounds, 2, 3 or maybe 4 but within 2 weeks or so I'd be right back to my old habits and right back to my old starting weight. When I weighed this morning I hit an even 10 lbs. lost and that number seemed to really cement it for me: I'M SUCCEEDING!

It's a great feeling and has really made me feel even more committed than before!
  • This is sooo cool... I had my moment this morning as well when I stepped on the scale and saw that I had dropped down in what seems like over night...I thought the same to myself...even though I'm still 60lbs away.. I can do this...I AM doing this...
  • COngrats for your realization. This will definitely make your weight loss journey easier Yay for you
  • Congratulations on your moment and your losses.

I had my moment a few days ago just. I just realized that I am down 31 in only a few months, and that if I keep on plodding I will get there. It's a kind of 'no magic bullet' realization that's brought self-acceptance.
  • :]