Wow...major brain fart lol

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I just got home from work, and my fiance hands me a box of chocolate covered almonds, the ones you buy supporting charities and what not. I then mindlessly opened it and ate a quarter of the box before that huge lightbulb went off "YOU'RE ON WW!!!" I freaked out, yelled at him for giving me the box, then calculated the points, only about 4, but still, I couldn't believe how easily I slipped right into it. Crazy...
  • Just curious and I mean nothing by this, but why, when you're on WW, would your fiance hand you candy? Perhaps you need to have a gentle talk with him about handing you something a bit healthier!
  • Dang! That is SO. ME. God love them for trying, but it is SO SCARY when that reflex to just eat kicks in! You'll so absolutely recover! Just account for them and you'll be fine. And you did so amazingly well in stopping yourself! WAY TO GO!!!!!
    My dear SIL gave me a bag of white chocolate Lindt truffle bombs for Easter. Even though she knows I am on WW. It took ALL my strength to walk over to the garburator and grind them down the sink. But I had to do it. And you can do it too.
    Kira
  • Quote: Just curious and I mean nothing by this, but why, when you're on WW, would your fiance hand you candy? Perhaps you need to have a gentle talk with him about handing you something a bit healthier!
    lol we both just started following WW again, and he gets a significantly more points a day then me, so he could eat a bunch of the almonds and be alright...I don't think he was really thinking either lol
  • After a while, I swear it gets just as automatic to make the on plan choice as it was for you to eat those almonds! Well, OK, maybe not ALL the time, but most of it!
  • Yeah, just remind your fiancee, that this kind of stuff is a no-no for the time being!

~ tea
  • Actually, the almonds AREN'T a "no no" on Weight Watchers. You just have to account for them. It might not have fit into your daily points allotment, so you'll have to account for them somehow (flex points? Readjust your dinner plan? Exercise points?) but at the end of the day, no food is a "no no" on WW. Just make sure you account for them.
    IMHO, the victory here was STOPPING yourself before you got out of control and ACCOUNTING for what you ate.
    You'll get the hang of it, and I think you did amazingly well.
    Kira
  • sorry but its funny in away, how we can automaticy go back to our old ways. My dh can eat all he wants, and not gain a ounce. he use to go and get a bag of chips, and dip or choclate bars. He is alot better now, but before he would just pass themto me, and there i was sitting there eating the whole bag..now he is alot more supportive and will go into another room, and if he asks me, i will say yes, but after a couple, he reminds me to stop eating them.

just count them in your diet and you will be fine
  • Quote: After a while, I swear it gets just as automatic to make the on plan choice as it was for you to eat those almonds! Well, OK, maybe not ALL the time, but most of it!
    I never believed this would happen, but it does! I never drank soda every day or anything, but I really liked it and if it was around I would drink it. There were several 2 liter bottles of soda leftover from a party the other day, and my BF asked if I wanted to take them home and my immediate reply was "I don't drink soda." I've only been off soda for a month or two, but it definitely becomes second nature to not eat certain foods after a while. There will always be struggles, but it does get easier!
  • Quote: IMHO, the victory here was STOPPING yourself before you got out of control and ACCOUNTING for what you ate.
    You'll get the hang of it, and I think you did amazingly well.
    Kira
    I know! I'm still amazed at MYSELF for stopping lol
  • I do so know what you mean...it's so easy to find something in your mouth that is definitely not healthy! If I had a dollar for every time I've done the very same thing, I'd own a Ferrari!

It's ok to buy that candy to support a cause...just go inflict it on your co-workers/church buddies/skinny friends, etc!
  • Quote: I do so know what you mean...it's so easy to find something in your mouth that is definitely not healthy! If I had a dollar for every time I've done the very same thing, I'd own a Ferrari!

It's ok to buy that candy to support a cause...just go inflict it on your co-workers/church buddies/skinny friends, etc!
    Just the other day there was somebody at the Supermarket, quite disabled, selling candy bars for $1.00. I gave him some money - and let HIM keep the candy. It's one thing to support a good cause, but it's another thing to set myself up for a fall. Nu-uh.

In the past I never gave a thought as to how many calories the food that I was eating had. I saw something - I wanted it - I ate it. I agree with Amanda. When you decide to get and stay healthy, you become SO aware of everything that goes into your mouth, THAT is what becomes your normal and second nature.

Glad you caught it before the WHOLE box was gone.
  • I totally understand. It has happened to me a few times that I completely spaced out and ate something completely mindlessly, just out of habit. I swear it must have something to do with those individual little pieces.
  • Quote: Just curious and I mean nothing by this, but why, when you're on WW, would your fiance hand you candy? Perhaps you need to have a gentle talk with him about handing you something a bit healthier!
    I think if she could actually eat the stuff before remembering she's on WW, he could be forgiven for forgetting
  • Quote: Yeah, just remind your fiancee, that this kind of stuff is a no-no for the time being!

~ tea
    That would be the "hand me a cookie, you get NO nookie" rule.