Large Thighs??

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Its actually kind of funny the way we all see ourselves. I think my thighs are huge so I measured them with my jeans on and they are only 20.5 inches. Yet I look in the mirror and thats all I see. Will we ever be completely comfortable in our own skin?
    • I got this information from an email from Jillian Michaels. I think it describes most womens shape. However most of the time I feel like a watermelon. Large and round...
    • The apple shape. People with apple shapes tend to store fat in their upper bodies, so if an apple is carrying extra weight, it's usually around the belly. Apples have evolved to store fat in this way to adapt to long periods of famine. Fat stored in the upper body can lead to heart disease, so it is important for apples to be health conscious.
    • The pear shape. Pears hold the majority of their fat in the lower body: hips, buttocks, saddlebags. Pears are mostly women. This shape has evolved because fat stored in these areas aids in fertility and breast-feeding. This type of fat is not as much of a health risk as abdominal fat, but it is harder to lose.
    • The proportioned shape. Lucky proportionate have fat cells distributed equally throughout their entire body. When they gain weight, they gain it everywhere. When they lose weight, it comes off evenly.
  • Oh yes...these are the only part of my body that is making me look all weird On top I look awesome but my saddle bags on my thighs are gosh darn awful. I have hope that they will at least not look quite as bad once I get to goal!
  • Mine are 27" ::URGH!!:: I would LOVE for them to be 20" <-- that is my IDEAL!
  • Quote:
    They're about 23 inches on 5'2 frame. It's the one part of my body people ALWAYS comment on. I am known as the girl with the super thick thighs.
    I'm 5'2" too, and I wish I had had 23-inch thighs when I was 152 lb. That would mean they had room to shrink. I just measured, and I have 23-inch thighs right now at 131 lb. If you're known as the girl with super-thick thighs, I must be known as the one with tree trunks for legs. I blame my parents for putting me on soccer teams for all those years.
  • I just want to say that I *cannot* wait to have skinny thighs. My first goal is to have them NOT TOUCH. Hopefully the exercise works.
  • My thighs right now are 22.5", and I never thought they were big or out of proportion. I think it's good to know that we are all sorts of sizes and we all look different. Sometimes we think someone else looks much better than we do, and in fact their measurements may even be larger than ours.
  • Hi, my biggest problem is also my thighs.. Right now they are at 26",, And my waist is at 27" so I'm a real Pear..
    So far I haven't lost any inches around my thighs, hoping to reach 23" when I'm at my goal weight..
  • Okay, I had to pull out the measuring tape. Turns out they are now 24" thighs. My waist is 36" and my hips are 39".

I think a lot of it does have to do with just how your body is shaped. My waist is not very wide (if that makes sense), so most of those inches just hang off the front. My best friend is a much taller swimmer, and although her waist is my size, it's "wider" and all muscle, so she has a pretty flat stomach.