Maintenance NSV's~aka~Why it's worth it

You're on Page 1 of 12
Go to
  • Let's see how this goes. I've been thinking about this for a while. Our very own place to boast, ahem, I mean post our NSV's. Which also translates to why maintenance is so very worth it.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Yes the gynecologist. Fun. But I didn't dread it. All right stir ups and that whole bit I could do without, but other then that, I now LOVE going to the doctor. I LOVE that I'm "on top of my health" and going for regular visits, stir ups and all is just part of that.

Okay. First things fist. Time to get weighed. No dread. None whatsoever. I hop on there. The nurse records the number. She gets all quiet on me and her mouth is kinda hanging open, eyes are glazed. I'm like what's wrong? She simply could not believe that I've lost over 160 lbs. Just goes on and on and on. Asking all the usual questions.

My gyn was the one who first prescribed blood pressure medication for me, which of course I'm no longer on. Anywho, yesterday my blood pressure was the lowest it's ever been. Since losing the weight it's been 120 over 80. But not yesterday - it was 110 over 70. I was so happy you have no idea. I made the poor nurse take it again, because I thought surely it was a fluke. But nope. There it was again.

And then get this, I finally get to see the actual doctor and she told me, she told me, (all right perhaps she was up all night delivering babies and a wee bit tired), but she told me - that my arms look like Jennifer Aniston's.
  • You mean Jennifer Aniston is lucky enough to have arms that look like yours, Robin?

Great job!!!!!
  • Cool! Great numbers, Robin!

I had 2 fun NSVs this week.

#1 My friend's husband was at a school function and he hasn't really seen me in months, and he said "Have you lost a $%*&load of weight?"

#2 I was at the gym lifting weights and there was a girl there who has a friend who just started and she was asking me about my weight loss cause her friend wants to lose about 50 pounds....this is someone I would never have thought would have noticed my loss over that year and a half, but she has. You never know who is watching or who might be inspired by our efforts and success.
  • Robin, thanks for starting this thread. I adore it.

#1. We went to enroll DD for school last week and saw a lady we have known for years but don't see often. She immediately spoke to hubby and then looked at me and 1/2 heartedly said, "hello." I was hmmmm. I saw her again just two days ago. She called out at me across an open soccer field so I ran over to her. She said, "I am so sorry for last week, honestly I didn't recognize you and thought your hubby was with someone else!"

#2. Yesterday for the first time in probably 8 years + I went out for the day in a pair of fitted shorts with a RL camisole on. The best part? My shorts were a size 4! The really, really best part? They weren't long!!!

Oh, and Robin--funny about your arm comments. Yesterday I was told I had "Michelle Obama" arms. I think that's probably a compliment but mine definitely don't look as good as hers.
  • I love this thread!

1) I went to a party last week with some old coworkers I hadn't seen since June 2007. Most of them didn't even recognize me when I walked in the room!

2) I wore an almost tank top over the weekend and didn't feel self conscious or awkward about my appearance, well, other than the fact that I have a farmers tan from running in a t-shirt...
  • I recently started swimming a couple of days a week, and had to buy a new bathing suit because the old one was so stretched out it was ridiculous. I got one of those racing-style one piece tank suits (which doesn't hide much), and the whole trying-on and purchasing process didn't completely suck! In fact, I didn't look half bad, if I do say so myself. Boy, is THAT a first ....
  • I, too have broken out the shorts. Something I would not do when I was over 200 Pounds. .
  • The compliments keep coming, even though I have been at GOAL for over 2 years. This past weekend a group of 9 of my girlfriends got together at my place for a hen pecking party! I was wearing black nylon jogging pants & a white form fitting tank top. (note: Before weightloss I never ever wore tank tops before, due to me being self conscience about my arms) These days I live in tank tops, who would have thunk it?

Here is some of what I heard...... "OMG, YOU look amazing!", "look at your pipes", "I only wish I looked as good as you"," I want your body and your arms!", "you look like you can kick some serious @ss!" and my all time favorite line of the night came from my 25 year old girlfriend, who just had a baby, "man I hope to get my body back oneday, & for an ole lady Wend, you have a bangin body, I am soooo JEALOUS, seriously you look so FRICKEN HOT! I laughed out loud over that one, fricken hot & the ole lady part too!!!! Hey I'm only pushin 42, yet I get called an ole lady!

Needless to say, you couldn't wipe the grin off of my face! :-) I told my husband what all my girlies said & he said I've been telling you that for years, you just never believe me! Well now I am a BELIEVER, friends do not make this $hit up! Woo Hoo Maintainer me!
  • I wore a sundress on Saturday that was so friggin' cute ya'll--with beaded pumps and wooden jewelry! Sort of vintage looking but Ann Taylor--the best thing--a size 4! I also let my hair go natural without all the straightening and what not--I felt pretty. Really, I did!
  • Wendalyn, you got some pretty strong reactions there. SO cool!!!

Thighs, that dress sounds so nice. And a size 4!!!

Yesterday, we had record heat here. I had to dig up some summer clothing from last year. What an absolute unbelievable amazing incredible feeling to KNOW that last summers clothing will fit this year. AND to not dread the summer and the lesser amounts of clothing. No jacket to "cover" me up. Oh and short sleeves. Little sandals. Lovin' it.
  • Robin, I dug up last year's summer clothes this weekend too! Although I am currently 17lbs over goal, my more forgiving clothes still fit, even including my shorts!
  • I too LOVE that I can dress for summer weather without feeling miserably uncomfortable.

Last week my friend adopted a baby girl, and we had a baby shower for her. The occasion was so joyous and I got so much positive feedback from many women I love but don't see often enough-- it just felt so great!!!! And I didn't super stress over what to wear....
  • My recent NSV:

I rode a 27 mile bike race, with minimal extra training, and was able to do so because I keep myself pretty fit as a matter of habit. I had a great race!

Anne
  • Just wanted to say Woo Hoo to all of us! Way to rock it ladies, bravo!
  • Huge NSV for me - I biked 30 miles on Saturday and had to wait for my DH to catch up! That is what losing weight did for me.