10k and canned frosting

• Hey ladies, I haven't posted in a while! Just been stalking...

Well I completed a major goal of mine and ran my first half marathon relay (6.5 miles, about a 10K). I did my portion in 1:03. I was so proud!

Aside form that, I'm trying to make a bday cake right now for a friend. I have a can of chocolate frosting that I've already whipped to make it fluffier, but I was wondering - Can you add about a 1/2 cup peanut butter to it? Would that work to add some extra pbutter flavor?

Thanks!
  • The PB would make it stickier... I would melt the PB slightly before adding it in (but not all the way because it would ruin the consistency)
    it would probably be DELICIOUS!

Happy BDay and Congrats on the half! That's AWESOME!
  • I think it depends on the kind of pb. Organic stuff, no. But Jif/Skippy it seems likely. I'd maybe test out a small bit first and see how that goes.

Good luck with the cake!
  • Yes, definitely. You might have to add a bit of milk and powdered sugar, though, to get the texture right again, as most PBs are a bit thicker than frosting and might affect spreadability. Using a little milk (to make thinner) and then a bit of powdered sugar (to give it structure/whippable-ness) should help you get that texture back.
  • You can do it the way our ice cream shop thinned out PB......make sugar water (sugar in water boil til dissolved) and stir in PB you can change the consistency depending on the PB water ratio, but it makes it sweeter and thinner
  • I have no idea about your PB but i think its probably too late for that anyway.

Congrats on the half marathon!

Mostly I just wanted to say hi.. HI!!!