W.O.W. Declaration of THINdependence ~ Week 2!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hey all! Lots of issues this week, but sounds like we are all getting good at putting one foot in front of the other instead of one cookie directly to hips!

MT- Glad it's going back down.

Jeni- hope the roof man and fridge man were kind.

JL Keep at it, you know the scale will come back down.

Fablynne - Where are you going on vacay?

NMich Hope you are working thru it.

Grazer, I am getting better at doing a bit of exercise during commercials.

I went to the community fitness last night, was great fun. Only 7 ladies showed, but we walk/ran for about 30 minutes depending on where you were fitness level. Lots of you know that I decided to do the 1/2 marathon in September, so that was cool. Kick in the butt I needed, especially cause I tend to decide I can walk for a bit if I am on my own, but not when I have an audience! Then we went inside and did a Boot Camp workout. Awesome. I am up .8 from the muscles I bet, but that's ok, it'll work itself out this weekend if I keep at it.

W 100 oz
    E Crunches and push-ups this am. Maybe a 2 mile walk for lunch again.
    E OP
    D One step at a time, let's go.
  • Morning girls.

Mavie - Good for you little miss work out. I wanna do a 5k this year. Is that the same as a 1/2 marathon?

Mtiggie - Okay, cut talk on the back shelf. I am going to be productive today.

FAB - I sooo meant to respond to you yesterday on HOW FANTASTIC YOUR ATTITUDE AND MOTIVATION ARE!!!! You really are doing great this week! I am trying to channel all of your positive energy! Keep it up woman.

K... I have to run AGAIN. I hate 1/2 posts. Sorry. Be good ladies.
  • I've been MIA these past few days. I have a sinus cold again. I'm sure this my third since Christmas; the most ever! I didn't gain or lose this week; which is a bit disappointing. I ate clean and exercised nearly every day. Blame it on the cold meds!

Personals later!

What will be over mini-challenge next week?
  • Quote: Kosh, archery for 2 hours? Is that a hobby or do you compete?
    I do both, Sometimes anyways. Its good but it really gives you buff shoulders which on a girl aint that sexy hehe
  • good Afternoon Everyone,

I am so excited I just bought a wii and in two weeks I am going to get the wii fit...... so for right now I am doing the boxing and tennis on the the game that came with the system.

jcatron243 - Oh sometimes we need to pour out our feelings....that is what is great about this forum site. People have real lives and that want to lose weight....we all have to go through havoc at times. Sometimes it feels like there is no end to the stress we all go through in our daily lives. But having friends that listen helps A LOT.

JasonsLea - Oh my gosh Pepsi is so hard to stop drinking so I sort allowed myself a little each day.....when I say a little I mean a LARGE cup. I just dont want to feel cheated..hahaha...

mothermavis - I like your first line about putting one foot in front other other instead of putting cookies to our hips...that made me laugh....

Nixmom - You go girl....have fun running

Grazer - I hope you are feeling better.....good job on eating clean and exercise...

I hope everyone is having a great day ~
  • Down a little more today. I hope I can get back to my lowest soon. My day was all screwed up and so far off my normal routine. Had a staff breakfast, pizza lunch with my class, late dinner, no workout. YIKES!!! No telling what the scale will think about today.

Monday we hear about the cuts and what is going to happen to us all.

Have a great day ladies and a beautiful weekend.
  • Kris, the 5k will be 3.1 miles, the 1/2 marathon is 13.2. I love 5k's, I hope you do get to try one this year. Pick one with a good shirt!! I love getting the goody bag with the shirt!

Grazer, hope you feel better soon! You rock, staying OP when you feel like crap. I tend to use that as an excuse.

Kosh, I think that sounds fun. I borrowed OS kayak a bit last summer, hope to take it more this summer, that was my shoulder plan, but yours sounds really fun too.

Jaya, My son has a WII, the first day they brought it home, they played the tennis and were so sore. It amazed me.

Mindy, Hope Monday goes well.

I am staying OP pretty well, however, tonight DH and I are going to dinner after YS leaves to take his girl to the prom. I need to not undo all my hard work in one dinner. I am less than 2 pounds from pre-vacation weight. Wish I had done better on vacation, but oh well!

W 100
    E Going for a walk today!
    E OP, dinner tonight will also be OP and nothing from the bread basket! Maybe grilled fish and some veggies. I love fish and seafood and hate to cook it.
    D Keep on keeping on
  • girls!

TOM started yesterday which explains the bottomless pit my stomach was a few days prior. Thank god I took off a few days this week and next week for the move. This morning I was able to just lay in bed and moan. Washed the rest of my dirty clothes and got some more packing done, just need to get to Wallyworld to get another storage container. I'll probably do some more packing before I get to bed.

Has anyone seen the new WE show, I Want To Save Your Life? I watched it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. The person was this woman named Jennifer, busy working mom. The scene that stood out to me was when he went with her to her favorite bakery and let her get her usual piece of chocolate cake. BUT as soon as they walked out, he let her know that it would take 2 1/2 hours of walking to burn off the calories for the slice of cake and they were going to walk those 2+ hours before she could eat the cake, while she was holding it! 2.5 hours to walk off a piece of cake?! WHOA!
  • Morning everyone. I am alive and feeling a bit better. Ive been working so its been easy to keep my calories down. I have been at about 1400 cals a day for 2 days now. Water is easy. Fridge guy bit me hard. $400 dollars to fix it. Roof guy, well thats harder to swallow but it has to be done. Gotta finish getting ready. I promise to post again tomorrow.
  • Helo from the land of Sinus Headache! I can't remember the last time I had it this bad. Didn't track what I ate over the weekend; didn't eat that much. I also didn't exercise because I had the sleepies big time! Today, I gotta get out and enjoy the sun.

"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride, ain't nothin' gonna slow me down..oh,oh..I got to keep on movin'...!
  • I am happy to see the sun is back today. Yesterday a real doozy blew through here. My sister works for March of Dimes and yesterday was their walk. Just as the walk was finishing a huge storm blew through. Destroyed a bunch of stuff. My sister ended up in the hospital getting stitches in her knee and her hand x-rayed. A tent blew down and dragged her around. It was ugly.

I have taken off 3 of the 5 pound gain. Not all of it yet, but there is still hope before TOM arrives. I always put some back on just before. Gotta love this roller coaster ride.

Shari- Is it a weight loss show then? Who hosts? have fun moving.

Jeni- Glad to hear you're on track.

M- Hope you did well at dinner.

Grazer- Your little tune reminds me of Aud. Too bad she is not around anymore.
  • I Want to Play!
    Hi, Ladies, have been reading this thread for about a week and wondering if I was ready to commit to a challenge. Decided today that I've been on my weight loss journey for 7 weeks now and it's time to step up! I want to lose 15 lbs. by the end of the challenge; that will put me at 250 and that's a big milestone for me.

My name is Donna, I'm 56 and live with new DH (one year) in the hot-as-Hades area of California. I work from home doing broadcast captioning for the deaf so my morning commute is 30-second shuffle down the hall in my fuzzy slippers! I'm a Weight Watchers member; food isn't much of a challenge right now cuz I have lots of points to play with at my weight. What IS definitely a challenge is water and exercise. I've been using Leslie Sansone's 5-mile walking tape alternating with swimming. Could barely make it through 1 mile when I started; now I'm up to 3 miles and this week will make the leap to 4.

So this week:
    W -- 8 glasses
    E -- walk 12 miles; swim 3 days, 45 min. ea.
    E -- stay OP
    D -- read something positive every day, currently Living Principal
  • Morning Girls. I am happy to report that I survived our second monthly family dinner. Almost 30 people this time. The BBQ theme worked fantastic. My nerves are shot, my feet hurt, but I'm ready to get back to it.

MMavis - HOLY MOLEY 13+ miles... you rock!!! I need to get off my gluteus and do 1 mile a day. I have really slipped lately. And I will keep the shirt thing in mind when I pick my 5k adventure!

Kosh - Archery... how fun, and did I see kayaking too in another post? I would love to do that. We have so many local lakes here that I think that would be wonderful! Strong shoulders are sexy, I dont care what anyone else might say.

Mtiggie - yay on the pound ditching. I am VERY SLOWLY pulling it of again too. Not quite down 2 of the 3.5 I put back on. And I have my fingers crossed on the "cuts" front for you. Its so disheartening. And the fact that they do things so backwards makes you question how loyal to be to your employer... well that and how available comperable jobs are. I know I am gonna have to stick it out not matter what they cut. Here's to the best of an ugly situation.

Grazer - Hope your sinuses decide to lay off soon. This is always such a cruddy time of year for alergy and sinusy stuff in our house too. I HATE the headaches! Hope your better quickly.

JAYA - let me know when you get your Wii Fit. I got mine last October... havent even opened the box (SHAME ON ME). I vow to open it with you! I do! I will. Let me know when... we can unveil together!

Jcat - Oye Vey... Nothing like being a homeowner... repair this, replace that, service this, upgrade that.... We have a double oven that hasnt worked in a year. Been living with electric stove top and small counter top convection oven. We cant afford the oven we want, and I dont wanna buy one just to get by before we redo the kitchen (whenever that will be). If its any consolation... my new dog has cost me about $700 in 5 weeks.

Jlea - moving day approaches! Stay positive... and dont let TOM run your mood.

E32, FAB, Lumi.... Clykk... did we lose you?

I have caved to join the diet pill (oops I mean dietary supplement) taking population. I hate the thought of it, but BF needs the extra jump and I figured I would give it a try. nuphedrine. I know, I know... I just had to get some motivation back, extra kick of energy.... and anywho... lets hope it works..... along with my exercise and eating better.

K - off to get a Sunday paper... will come back and see what you are all up to later!
  • AND... welcome Ladynredd! What part of California are you in? I live in Hemet (or HELLmet if you will). I get the crazy heat thing too!
  • Small World!
    I'm rofl, Nixmom, I live in Hemet too! Think of all the "insider info" we can share!

Donna D., Hemet, CA