I didnt quit

• This may sound mini to some but for me it is a big thing. Every year January 1st I go on a diet and say this year is the year I will lose the weight. Then sadly valentines day by DH gives me chocolates, he keeps buying the cakes, cookies etc. I have always given into temptation and by the end of February I just give up and declare myself fat, dumb and happy.

This year I am still cutting back and losing regularly. I am not losing earth shattering amounts but I am losing about a pound a week.
    I owe a lot to this site. The stores on her have been very inspirational and helped me to feel like if they can do it so can I.
    Thank you everyone who is telling their amazing stores of weight loss. They are helpful and people like myself are reading them and feeling hopeful.
  • Thanks for sharing! 1 lb per week is great! Keep up the good work!
  • good for you! 1lb a week is great!!
  • Congrats on your success!
  • Congratulations on your determination! 1lb a week is fantastic - by the end of the year you'd be at goal!
  • Sounds great. You are doing it!!
  • One pound a week is a very realistic goal! You can do this! Good luck!
  • Congrats on keeping your resolution!

I started tracking my weight and half-heartedly dieting on New Years this year. It lasted about a month and 4 or 5 llbs. Then between crazy deadlines at work and my February birthday, it didn't stick (just like your past years).

I started again on April 1. I look back and realize that I wasted 3 months (not to mention the years before that). I could have been halfway to goal right now if I'd buckled down and stuck to it.

Like you, I'm determined to stick it out and get to my goal. You're an inspiration!
  • congrats... 1 lb a week is awesome, and it will stay off doing it that way...